Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hellgate London Subscriber Perks

The Hellgate: London Website announces the NDA for testers of Flagship's action/RPG has been lifted, and offers word on how their beta process works, indicating their internal builds are further along than the beta, indicating that a Patch 0 will be released on the game's Halloween release. The update goes on to offer ideas on what this update will entail, including DirectX 10 tweaks, and then offers the first indications of the special perks to those paying for a monthly subscription (thanks Voodoo Extreme). These perks include Elite Mode, Hardcore Mode, Themed Events and Items, Zombot (Halloween pet), a special NPC, Guild Creation, achievements, extra character slots, a larger stash, and more.

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: What a rip! Oct 22, 2007, 04:21 Krovven

Frijoles...not me.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: What a rip! Oct 21, 2007, 12:23 Xyggy

No Dagok, you're not the only one playing Mythos. I am too, and I think it's a lot more fun than Hellgate. It's strange; the folks in Seattle who are making Mythos are doing a better job with a spiritual successor to Diablo than the folks who actually worked on Diablo at the San Fransisco FSS office.

44. yeah Oct 21, 2007, 10:33 Cheese

after trying this for the 3rd time i can honestly say PASS on this one. Im waiting for Sacred 2.

43. Re: What a rip! Oct 21, 2007, 09:32 Fibrocyte

If you don't like the subscriber perks, or dn't want to pay for the month subscription.
DON"T BUY THE GAME, any moron (Andvari) understands thats.

Oh wait I forgot where I'm at

While this is a very well written post, I think you're missing the point, sir. People are here to post their opinions about the news and the news is Hellgate London Subscriber Perks.

42. Re: What a rip! Oct 21, 2007, 00:53 Frijoles

You are because it's still in beta and I wasn't/haven't been accepted.

Send me an email, PHJF (same username as here at gmail). I have a few invites left.

41. No subject Oct 20, 2007, 21:16 Xero

This game blew hard. It felt so dull and repetitive within the first 15min or so. I couldn't believe how low quality the demo was presented as well. I've seen so much better for games with far less hype. I guess how the game played and the fact that it takes place in London which is pretty lame, adds up to a very dull experience in my opinion. Will definitely not pick this up. Oh and them trying to sucker a lot of morons into paying a subscription fee is a joke beyond all words. I can't imagine paying 40 bucks for this game, let alone a monthly fee. Horrid.

Currently playing: Skyrim

40. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 20:21 Kxmode

Icewind you must be by far the most pathetic poster on this site. Your ability to regurgitate poor insults you have heard from others on the internet is uncanny and frankly, a little bit scary. Scary in the sense that you are breathing the same air as me.

He lives in a vacuum. Take heart because he doesn't breathe the same air as you.

-----
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
p/reviewer for Game Industry News

39. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 19:05 PHJF

You are because it's still in beta and I wasn't/haven't been accepted.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

38. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 18:01 Frijoles

Where is the spiritual successor to Diablo that I have been craving for nigh close to 5 years now?

Mythos, dammit! (I mentioned this in the other Hellgate thread). It's a bit light on content since it's just their side project. But it's fun and free, and very Diablo-like.

Surely I'm not the only one playing it...

37. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 17:06 PHJF

As much as I love Diablo, come on. PvP was absolutely hhhooorrriiibbbllleeee.  

36. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 16:07 Krovven

It didn't really take off for multiplayer because it wasn't competitive or pvp. Cooperative only killed the games multiplayer for the large hardcore following these styles of games can get (Guild Wars, Diablo, Diablo 2, Sacred).

Single player game was enjoyable and I liked the class system style that allowed you to combine any 2 classes with any configuration you wanted. I played a ton of single player playing the game through multiple times, with different classes on different skill levels. It's not perfect, but I liked it better than Sacred.

Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

35. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 15:33 PHJF

Titan Quest is more straight Diablo.

Three difficulties... sets of items, a billion uniques (and only half a dozen good ones), "runes", "act" based linear quest, I could go on and on...

But in the end, it has a gamespy browser in lieu of Battle.net. Which I imagine is the only reason the game never took off.

34. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 14:47 Krovven

You might try Titan Quest if you already haven't.

Or Sacred

33. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 14:31 A51Abductee

Sigh. Where is the spiritual successor to Diablo that I have been craving for nigh close to 5 years now?

You might try Titan Quest if you already haven't.

32. Boooo! Oct 20, 2007, 13:52 Fausticle

HGL fucked my dog!

I'm probably not going to pick this up, but I find it silly how many people are so upset about this game. I mean come on, 107 posts of crying? Move on .... don't buy it if it upsets you so.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 13:58.

31. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2007, 13:27 ShadyPete

I've been playing the demo and it's kinda fun in a chemical dependence sort of way.

30. Re: No subject Oct 20, 2007, 13:25 Overon

What, no horse armor perk?

29. No subject Oct 20, 2007, 12:33 Hump

i'd hope the game would be further along than the beta. every session i play of the beta is ended by either crash to the desktop and the most recent, video freeze and needing to hard reset.

been playing the beta all morning and just had my first crash. To be honest it was more exciting than the gameplay I was engaged in at the time.

So far I've got about 4 hours into the beta and I'm not any closer to buying the thing than when I started.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

28. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 12:22 ExcessDan

When it wasn't crashing, it really did feel like 3d diablo to me.

Mayor Dan

ExcessDan

27. Re: What a rip! Oct 20, 2007, 12:13 Acragas

Sigh. Where is the spiritual successor to Diablo that I have been craving for nigh close to 5 years now?

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo