Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deus Ex 3 DOA? - Updated

Such Things That Never Was, a blog devoted to cancelled media, offers a list of "18 canceled games you never knew existed unless you worked on them" (thanks Kotaku Australia). One of the games on the list that we actually have heard of is Deus Ex 3, the action/RPG follow-up. There is no accompanying explanation for how they know the game is cancelled, but development of the game has never actually been confirmed either (story), so the fairest way to characterize this is the rumored cancellation of a rumored sequel. Update: This note has been added to the mention of Deus Ex 3: "Eidos announced back in May that their Montreal studio will be makng [sic] a new Deus Ex 3 different from the one canceled."

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 22, 2007, 16:41 Masa

I care. I want to see Deus Ex returned to its proper glory. PC-exclusive, stats, the whole shebang.

Meh, the PC exclusive is more or less a pointless virtue anymore. No, you would be more apt to say the third game's design should be inspired by the first Deus Ex.

PC exclusivity is a joke anymore...DX IW was released what...almost five years ago now? No reason cross platform can't work.

Of course, in your little mind of absolutes and generalities, one violation is more than enough to damn an entire possibility. Basically, Jerykk, you're the one person who shouldn't be commenting on a new Deus Ex entry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Hmmmm Oct 20, 2007, 07:09 Animals for Crackers

On a not so totally un-related topic - I have always thought the Deus Ex storyline would lend itself well to the MMORPG genre.

Please, no! If it could be done right then sure....but chances of any MMO (Deus Ex flavored even) in the near future being compelling enough to pay a monthly fee for are slim to none. I just can't do it anymore, handing these companies money to do busy-work instead of gaming. Two years of WoW (while for a time I was enjoying myself until I hit end-game) killed my interest in general of MMOs. MMO killer is right.

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 08:38.

33. Re: Hmmmm Oct 18, 2007, 06:02  famished 

Okay, you know what, fuck it. I'm stoked. I need news. I need screenshots. Tell me this will be made with the Crysis engine, will feature massive fucking levels and the RPG choices of the first, and I'm pre-ordering.

Second that.

32. Hmmmm Oct 17, 2007, 19:54 Creston

On the one hand, Deus Ex 2 was pretty awful. Ofcourse, having to design for the worthless Xbox killed that game before it ever had a chance. Remember all the times that Warren Spector kept bleating that the maps would be bigger on the PC? Only to have his main mapper finally say "That's retarded. We can't work with two sets of real estate. The maps are the same."

On the other hand, a new Deus Ex is better than no Deus Ex. Sadly, Warren Spector won't be involved (storywise), but on the bright side, Harvey fucking Smith won't be involved either, and that immediately makes the game 3000% better.

Deus Ex 3 developers, here's how you immediately make Deus Ex 3 1,000,000 times better than Deus Ex 2 : GET RID OF THE FUCKING 'UNIFIED AMMO' BULLSHIT.

Okay, you know what, fuck it. I'm stoked. I need news. I need screenshots. Tell me this will be made with the Crysis engine, will feature massive fucking levels and the RPG choices of the first, and I'm pre-ordering.

Creston

31. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 19:31 Jerykk

As for Deux 3.. does anyone even care after the train wreck that was Deux 2 me thinks not.

I care. I want to see Deus Ex returned to its proper glory. PC-exclusive, stats, the whole shebang.

30. Wanna play DX3? Oct 17, 2007, 19:03 STATIC3D

Then go get a copy of Project Snowblind. j/k

But, I do have to admit I found it to be more fun than DX2. Too bad the XBOX version didn't have split screen multiplayer capability (only System Link 1 person per screen/XBOX was supported for multiplayer). A lot of the effects for the guns (visual, sound and impact on enemies) just seemed to "fit" for some reason to me too.

29. No subject Oct 17, 2007, 18:33 DangerDog

I think that PS2 Lemmings game got released in the UK but not in the US.

28. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 17:38 Bone43

Opps double post!!!!

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 17:39.

27. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 17:36 Bone43

Bah, you know what was wrong with the post.

Nothing its news there for its subject to change with out notice.... next time read the disclaimer!

As for Deux 3.. does anyone even care after the train wreck that was Deux 2 me thinks not.

26. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 16:56 nin

jam 100 cc's of horse tranquilizer into your eye.

<Homer>
"mmmmm....Special K..."
</Homer>

------------------------------------------------
"I feel compelled to comment on Zephalfdkasj's completely irrelevant and lengthy tangent into concealed pistol carry...Rarely is extreme insecurity so painfully, transparently obvious."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

25. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 16:50 random.thought

Go&nd or Gonad or whoever, what the fuck is wrong with you? You're acting like this is some kind of evil disinformation campaign dead set on convincing the gaming population -- nay, the world -- that Deus Ex 3 has been OMFG CANCELLED even though it was never officially announced anyway. This is a gaming news site, and sometimes not all the information is available at the time of posting. This shit happens. Go to any CNN story about some late-breaking disaster and refresh it a few times over the hour and literally watch all the information change. Now, do us all a favor and jam 100 cc's of horse tranquilizer into your eye.

24. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 16:30  Blue 

Bah, you know what was wrong with the post. Thanks for the update, even if you did so with a disappointing lack of humility.

The note in that blog referenced in the update was added after my original post.

I am the king of humility... no one is more humble than I!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

23. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 16:21 Straylight

I remember reading a article on the web about the development of Deus Ex 2. One of the developers said that what he hated about the original Deus Ex was that the levels were too big, the plot too vague and the game was too confusing- WOW talk about a guy who shouldn't have been developing the sequel... That comment always pissed me off.

Anyways, Lets hope if what you say IS true and its not being canceled, they keep Deus Ex headed in its original direction...

This comment was edited on Oct 17, 16:22.

22. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog pos Oct 17, 2007, 16:08 Gonad

Bah, you know what was wrong with the post. Thanks for the update, even if you did so with a disappointing lack of humility.

The misinformation is already spreading as Action Trip has referenced you on the matter:

http://www.actiontrip.com/rei/comments_news.phtml?id=101707_10

Nice job. =)

21. Wouldn't it be cool if... Oct 17, 2007, 15:07 desk_jedi

On a not so totally un-related topic - I have always thought the Deus Ex storyline would lend itself well to the MMORPG genre.

Then again, I rarely come up with an idea that someone else hasn't already thought of...heheh o_0

20. Re: NOT canceled, please reread blog post! Oct 17, 2007, 13:54 selection7

A link is provided that shows the game was not confirmed in May, and indeed even you admit that Deus Ex 3 was once canceled. There's nothing factually wrong with the Bluesnews post. If people want to assume things that weren't written, let them.

19. NOT canceled, please reread blog post! Oct 17, 2007, 13:32 Gonad

As has been noted by a couple other comments, this is NOT an indication that the Deus Ex 3 mentioned in May has been canceled.

Followers of the franchise have long known that Ion Storm began development on a third game before Eidos closed Ion's office. This blog post is clearly referring to this previous and unrelated development.

Please read your sources more carefully before disseminating false information.

Blues News should correct this news entry before this incorrect reporting spreads like a viral meme.

18. Re: Ah, Deus Ex 2.... Oct 17, 2007, 13:25 Optimaximal

What gets me is that it takes nearly 30 seconds for the bloody menu to LOAD after leaving a game, let alone navigate.

17. Re: Ah, Deus Ex 2.... Oct 17, 2007, 13:04 Overon

Yeah, what the heck was up with the menus? It takes one click in UT 2004 to get to the online browser, but it takes ten in the UT 3 demo to skip past all of the ads and go through the menus. Yuck.
The ads are not the problem. Go into the UT3 demo folder and then rename the "movies" directory to something else. Boom no more pre title screen logos and crap.
The menus are the problem. Not enough options, too many sliding screens. It feels and looks like a console menu system. It is a console menu system.

And the HUD is big and ugly.

16. Canceled, but not? Oct 17, 2007, 13:01 Rosco

From the article:

Deus Ex 3 (PS2/XBOX/PC, Ion Storm/Eidos) Eidos announced back in May that their Montreal studio will be makng a new Deus Ex 3 different from the one canceled

Different from the one canceled? Hmm, curious.

Consoles are schwag.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo