Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Demo

Yahoo! Games now offers the promised demo for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Infinity Ward's upcoming military shooter sequel (thanks Steve). A free Yahoo! Games account is required to access the download, which is mirrored on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ActionTrip, ComputerGames.ro, eXp.de, FanGaming, FileFront, FileShack, Fragland.net, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, and Internode Games Network.

View
93 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

93. Re: My two cents... Oct 17, 2007, 19:24 Kash

If you're getting the light flashing thing, try setting r_altModelLighting 0 on the console. It's saved across sessions so you should only have to do it once. The flashing is apparently an NVidia driver bug that should be fixed in their next release (the workaround steals a few FPS so is off by default.)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

92. Re: My two cents... Oct 13, 2007, 16:20 Ant

manic half: I just suck.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

91. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2007, 09:53 manic half

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 09:54.

90. Re: My two cents... Oct 13, 2007, 09:52 manic half

difficult? maybe if you were high while playing it ive played the demo numerous times and have not failed it once yet.

89. My two cents... Oct 12, 2007, 23:39 Ant

Pretty cool. I have an annoying light flicker with the models like people and tanks. I don't think that looks right. I was bummed not to be able to use the highest graphic details. Normal was the highest. I guess it is because of the disk size. The demo only took me about 30 minutes to finish. The protecting tank part was difficult even on easy.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

88. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2007, 22:58 AncientMike

I have the same problem with things being black.If you check out this forum http://forums.tweakguides.com/showthread.php?t=4057&page=5 ,look at the screenshots submitted by the first guy,then scroll down and check out the other ones,clearly there is a problem.

87. Re: Fibrocyte: post#63 Oct 12, 2007, 08:50 Fibrocyte

You beat a game????? OMG!!!! OMG OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!

I did beat a game, thank you for congratulating me. I would discuss this game further with you, but I am 100% confident this is not a game which you could complete without using an online walkthru. Unless, of course, one of your 34 imaginary patents is in Portal?

I found CoD4 to be good - but I never played any of the other CoD games (except maybe a demo of the original).

This comment was edited on Oct 12, 08:51.

86. No subject Oct 12, 2007, 06:04 Malakai

How in the hell did this game win so many damn awards at E3? It's crap. First off running at 1920x1200 with everything on gives me some wierd bug where everything's black except for lights. Great i must say.

As everyone else has said it's just the same CoD. New textures/settings thats it. I was expecting something that'd make me open my mouth in awe, instead i just opened my mouth in disbelief as after i destroyed those tanks, my buddies just disappeared... i spent 5 minutes running around trying to find them.

I so hope this game crashes and burns. But i know it wont. Dammit i hate the way games have now become multiplayer, possibly with a sideline of singleplayer. Sucks ass.

85. No subject Oct 12, 2007, 03:05 DangerDog

mass effect pc.

good luck with that one, no pc version is planed.

84. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2007, 02:16 Creston

You forgot The Witcher (I) from the UK or GoGamer

I have to admit, I'm very interested in the Witcher, but I REALLY need to either see a demo, or a whole gamut of excellent reviews before I'm splurging. A lot of their ideas sound great on paper, but I have strong, strong doubts on whether they can implement them well in the game.

Also, it runs on the original NWN's engine. That's getting brutally long in the tooth. And I don't even mean so much for graphics as simply for things that are possible and aren't in that engine. (unless they completely overhauled it, and in that case, why not just build your own?)

Definitely keeping an eye out for it, but I need more than a few hyped up previews to convince me.

Creston

83. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2007, 02:13 Creston

Hey! What's wrong with UT3?

Other than that it's basically exactly the same game as UT, UT2 and UT2k3? I guess nothing.

EA gets vilified for constantly releasing the same game, yet everybody worships Epic for doing the exact same thing?

Creston

82. Re: COD4 PC Demo... wtf? Oct 12, 2007, 01:49 Jonny5

I had fun with it...but someone said..It is Almost exactly like COD 2 with different settings

I thought the grafix looked great...

Timeshift has INCREDIBLE grafix if ya ask me

Oh and EP2 is a joy to look at too

81. Re: COD4 PC Demo... wtf? Oct 12, 2007, 01:04 harrison schaerr

i want a multiplayer demo, with high res textures...

multiplayer might actually be fun, but dear god the single player is mundane...

i mean, what the hell i am so let down.

oh, and games i've bought or am buying

orange box,
bioshock,
gears pc,
crysis,
assassins pc,
mass effect pc.

80. COD4 PC Demo... wtf? Oct 12, 2007, 01:01 harrison schaerr

this game was looking so gorgeous...

i just played the pc demo on my 8800 gtx, 2.4 e6600 duo core, 3 gigs of ddr2 ram...

and it just sucks.

i thought i had the graphics turned down by mistake, so i checked again and again, and they are up all the way.

the ai is idiotic, the scripted battles are hellarious...

i mean... i was so excited, and the game turned out to be total crap?

79. Re: No subject Oct 12, 2007, 00:00 Scottish Martial Arts

My impressions:

Meh. It ran nicely and looked pretty but that's about all I could say for it. It's just a reskinned CoD2, which I only marginally liked. Gameplay is identical to previous games in the franchise. I was tired of the CoD formula by the end of the first one and simply cannot stomach another outing. If games continue on this track of flashiness and overproduction, but with soulless gameplay, then I suspect I won't be spending nearly as much time or money gaming as I used to.

78. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 22:49 Kamakazie

I think the implication was that its not coming out next month.

77. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 21:39 Slink

Hey! What's wrong with UT3?

- - - - - - - - - -
Bioshock, Crysis, Quake Wars, HL2:Episode 2/Portal/TF2, Gears of War PC, Unreal Tournament 3... it's going to be a good Q4. :-)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

76. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 21:14 Golem

You forgot The Witcher (I) from the UK or GoGamer

75. Re: No subject Oct 11, 2007, 20:56 Creston

Games to purchase next month

Unreal Tournament 3
Crysis
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War PC

Mass Effect

Fixed that for you.

Creston

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 20:56.

74. No subject Oct 11, 2007, 20:49 DangerDog

Games to purchase next month

Unreal Tournament 3
Crysis
Call of Duty 4
Gears of War PC

93 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo