Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate Demo

A playable demo for F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate is now available, sampling the upcoming standalone shooter expansion. The chance to check out how the next official installment in the F.E.A.R. series is shaping up without the participation of original developer Monolith is a 734 MB download; available on the Sierra FTP server (direct link) with mirrors on 3D Downloads, ActionTrip, FanGaming, FileFront, FileShack, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), and PixelRage.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Played it. Oct 13, 2007, 18:55 Ant

It's pretty much the same like other FEAR games (including addons). I forgot how good the visual and audio were in this game. I am not planning to get the full game since it is pretty much the same thing and nothing significantly different. I have other games to play.

If you want a sequel, add something new. Make it feel like something different. Or at least make NOLF3 with this engine.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. No subject Oct 10, 2007, 01:11 Ratty

FEAR was a good game, but not a great one. It had lots of room for improvement. This is one time when I don't resent the original developer not being involved in a sequel.

20. ... Oct 9, 2007, 22:47 theyarecomingforyou

I can't even play the demo - if I point the installer anywhere but the default install location it decides there's not enough space on the drive (what's really odd is that it shows the space required as 0k while showing the space available as being what's free on the HDD).
I installed to a different drive with a different folder name and had no problems, though I did get the "0k required" bug.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

19. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 20:32 A51Abductee

This demo is pretty much showing more of the same, might as well just reinstall the original FEAR. If you're around 12 years old you might miss all the gratuitous use of the "hardcore" F-word though. Monolith has nothing to do with this title and in this demo IMHO it shows.

18. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 20:21 V

Fileaholic.Com
http://www.fileaholic.com/cgi-sql/file-info.sql/148560

17. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 20:19 Ging

I can't even play the demo - if I point the installer anywhere but the default install location it decides there's not enough space on the drive (what's really odd is that it shows the space required as 0k while showing the space available as being what's free on the HDD).

Ah well, I'll give it a bash tomorrow at work - though from the sounds of it, I'm not missing out on too much.

16. Re: ... Oct 9, 2007, 20:18 cK

I've played the first game and the expansion, and the game play is quite repetitive. I haven't tried the demo yet, but I hope that there is something in this game and the otehr Project Origin that will make you want to continue playing.

15. ... Oct 9, 2007, 19:48 theyarecomingforyou

I played the demo and it was enjoyable enough but not something I'd buy unless it was very cheap. I remember FEAR pushing my computer at the time; this, however, runs perfectly maxed out but then it doesn't look anything special either - I don't understand what the whole "not optimised for widescreen" thing was all about because it ran fine.

I'm more interested in Project Origin, as that's like FEAR but with a graphical update. Hopefully the plot will be a bit deeper and the levels / enemies MUCH less repetitive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

14. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2007, 19:27 Overon

Played the demo. Really short. They said it was standalone expansion. And I can see that. It's more of the same fear, and fear extraction point with more enemies and more weapons. With all the good games that are coming out this is going to be near the bottom of the "good games coming out" category for me.

13. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 19:23 Hump

Played the demo and its pretty forgettable. For a quick time-waster I suppose it'll be fine but otherwise I'm not going to expect any epic story.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

12. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2007, 18:43 The Half Elf

Hump yes, but I stay away from the East Coast servers and always use the west coast ones. average speed for me is 700k to 800k (800k being my max for my service)

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Who is developing this thing? Oct 9, 2007, 17:54 Creston

And this is the one that only has the FEAR name, right? It doesn't have any of the settings or powers or story or whatever. That's all in Project Origin?

Somehow I doubt this is going to sell very well.

Creston

10. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2007, 17:47 sir

can anyone subscribed to Fileplanet tell me if they've gotten download speeds any higher than 250k for the past year? I'm beginning to wonder if these scumbags have capped their server speeds.

Why would you want to subscribe to that bloated POS when you can get 750k d/l speeds for free from Gamer's Hell, no registration required?

9. Ugh Oct 9, 2007, 17:24 Layer

Judging from the quality of environments in this demo - my expectations went from paltry to negative. There would have to be some MAJOR plot twist to keep anyone interested for more than 10-15 minutes. I think I yawned twice while playing.

I managed to download between 800kbps and 1.4mbps from FP myself.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 17:25.

8. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2007, 17:10 Jonny5

I get 700 + alot off of FP

But somedays I only get 150

I guess it depends on My IP traffic and FP traffic

But I moslt hit DL at night and wake up with it all done!

7. Re: No subject Oct 9, 2007, 17:04 Krovven

can anyone subscribed to Fileplanet tell me if they've gotten download speeds any higher than 250k for the past year?

I'd have to double check when I get home, but I swear I get higher speeds all the time.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Episode 2, Portal and CoH Opposing Fronts.

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bluesnews/

6. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 16:59 Hump

can anyone subscribed to Fileplanet tell me if they've gotten download speeds any higher than 250k for the past year? I'm beginning to wonder if these scumbags have capped their server speeds.

God forbid they should invest in more servers because we certainly need more awesome bloatware "Comrade" and "Download Manager".

cunts.

I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

5. Re: Woot first Oct 9, 2007, 16:57 Overon

I played the original, the expansion "extraction point" and now this. Hopefully this isn't just everything the same but actually has something new? Hopefully.

4. Re: Woot first Oct 9, 2007, 16:54 Zephalephelah

I'll have to check this out. It doesn't have much replayability, but I rather enjoyed the first one. I rarely ever used the slow-motion ability and that made for a fun game.

3. No subject Oct 9, 2007, 16:54 Nox

Isn't a "standalone shooter expansion" an oxymoron?

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo