Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Princess Bride Game

The Hollywood Reporter has first word on plans for a game based on The Princess Bride to coincide with an upcoming 20th anniversary release of the quirky fairy tale movie (thanks FiringSquad). There aren't any details about the game, but word is a demo will be on the 20th anniversary DVD with the full game to be available only via online distribution. We're guessing it will include "Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles... "

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Princess Bride Jun 19, 2008, 15:00 harry

If you have any little ones who like the movie Princess Bride and like to play games you can go to http://www.princessbridegame.com and put in this code you can get a discount and play a trial of the came. The code is PBG-YVA-13. By the way the game just came out today so get to it!

Have fun & let me know how you and your kids like it Smile

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: via Xbox LIVE Oct 4, 2007, 08:59 kimbambaman

Gamer 2: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
[ Gamer 2 dies ]
Gamer 1: pwned

ROFL!! Best....post....evar!

"Commandment number one: Shut the hell up!"-Moses Griffin,Family Guy

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

19. via Xbox LIVE Oct 4, 2007, 04:59 Kxmode

Gamer 1: All right. Where is the poison? The battle of wits has begun. It ends when you decide and we both drink, and find out who is right... and who is dead.
Gamer 2: But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Gamer 1: You've made your decision then?
Gamer 2: Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you.
Gamer 1: Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Gamer 2: Wait til I get going! Now, where was I?
Gamer 1: Australia.
Gamer 2: Yes, Australia. And you must have suspected I would have known the powder's origin, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Gamer 1: You're just stalling now.
Gamer 2: You'd like to think that, wouldn't you? You've beaten my giant, which means you're exceptionally strong, so you could've put the poison in your own goblet, trusting on your strength to save you, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But, you've also bested my Spaniard, which means you must have studied, and in studying you must have learned that man is mortal, so you would have put the poison as far from yourself as possible, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Gamer 1: You're trying to trick me into giving away something. It won't work.
Gamer 2: IT HAS WORKED! YOU'VE GIVEN EVERYTHING AWAY! I KNOW WHERE THE POISON IS!
Gamer 1: Then make your choice.
Gamer 2: I will, and I choose - What in the world can that be?
Gamer 1: What? Where? I don't see anything.
Gamer 2: Well, I- I could have sworn I saw something. No matter. First, let's drink. Me from my glass, and you from yours.
[ Gamer 1, Gamer 2 drink ]
Gamer 1: You guessed wrong.
Gamer 2: You only think I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
[ Gamer 2 dies ]
Gamer 1: pwned

-----
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
"BioShock RMX" track posted (9/21)
"Fallout" track posted (9/20)

18. end boss Oct 4, 2007, 04:45 Kxmode

SIX FINGER MAN WITH DUEL-PLASMA CANNONS!

It's worth noting that I think Jack Thompson will go postal when he sees the machine level.

-----
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
"BioShock RMX" track posted (9/21)
"Fallout" track posted (9/20)

17. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 19:28 Ecthelion

see! The Cliffs of Insanity!
For whatever reason, that's always been my favorite quote from the movie. I try to blurt it out at random at least once a month.

I agree about it being an adventure game. I could see a puzzle for finding the "secret knot" at the very least.

16. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 19:28 Lev Arris

"You mean you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

If you get to play as Fessik, and battle local gangs for charity it will be worth it. And throw rocks at people.
This comment was edited on Oct 3, 19:28.

15. Adventure Oct 3, 2007, 19:16 Blueshrike

Please let it be an "adventure" game, of the simple point and click variety. Anything they try and do to make it otherwise will likely end in failure, but I can see a GOOD adventure game being made with puzzles, etc.

14. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 18:14 Cutter

Too late...see! The Cliffs of Insanity!

"Law never made man a whit more just; and by means of their respect for it, even the well disposed are daily made agents of injustice."
-Henry David Thoreau

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

13. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 17:41 The Half Elf

Does the Collectors Edition come with a holocaust cloak?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 17:14 Talisorn

I hope the game can do it justice. If it's not up to scratch, it could be the most hated game in existence.

I guess the less for the company doing this is ... "Don't rush a miracle-man, sonny. You get rotten miracles."

11. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 16:51 Shadowcat

It's fairly extraordinary when a film of a book is utterly brilliant, but that was the case with The Princess Bride.

It's almost incredible when a game of a book or film is anything other that complete crud.

So what MORON gave the green light to this project, I ask?

10. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 15:37 mwjunkie

"You just wiggled your little finger... doesn't that make you happy?"

9. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 15:04 Sadogoat

If it's anything like most movie tie-ins, the 'torture' will be playing it and the 'miracle' will be that it's any good.

Gamegossip Administrator
http://www.gamegossip.com/forums

8. My name is Iningo Montoya ... Oct 3, 2007, 14:00 webfellow

You killed my father, prepare to die!

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 14:01.

7. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 13:49 Brainp0wa

Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist...

6. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 12:43 Kevlar

Shame? You beat me to it!

5. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 11:49 PHJF

Have fun storming the castle!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 11:38 Ecthelion

Is this a "kissing" game?

3. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 11:30 Nameless Again

"Give us the gate key."
"I have no gate key."
"Fezzik, tear his arms off."
"Oh, you mean this gate key."

Hmmm. I wonder how many R-O-U-S's you'll have to fight? And will we actually get to see the Zoo of Death! ?

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 19:57.

2. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 11:20 kimbambaman

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Sorry couldn't help myself... *bows head in shame*

"Commandment number one: Shut the hell up!"-Moses Griffin,Family Guy

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo