Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm starting to see texture corruption after playing games for a while, which sounds like a heat issue with my video card. This card actually has a lifetime warranty from BFG, but it's not like it's state-of-the-art anymore (it's a 6800 Ultra OC), and I already went through the RMA process for this card more than once a couple of years ago, so I just don't know how much I want to fight with anyone to replace it once again. Sigh.

Overheating Links! Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Play: Foosball. Thanks User Friendly.
Stories: Dressing and naming vacuum cleaners.
Science!: Do we need NASA?
Life can be sweeter if you cut out the sugar.
Gold rings create first true invisibility cloak.
Media: Bad Time to Fart.
Follow-up: Search for Steve Fossett Suspended Again.
Teh Funny: UserFriendly.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 23:04 Enahs

pffft. You ever set up a camera when you are gone?

Your dogs are smarter than you are.

I only have one.
No I have not.

But unless you are telling me my dog is smart enough to get out and use a hand-vac on the tan micro-suede couch; there is no way I would not see furs on the couch if he was to get on it when I am gone.

And unless he is able to tear up things he is not supposed to, and then go to the store and buy replacements, he has simply never torn anything up or played with that he was not given as a toy.

*shrugs*

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 23:05.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 21:49 xXBatmanXx

pffft. You ever set up a camera when you are gone?

Your dogs are smarter than you are.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

26. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 19:48 Yosemite Sam

You dun Fkt yerself on that one!

Like Enahs said, it will not be an issue, she will learn that she is only allowed up when invited. Like now she can only get on the couch if I pick her up, already if I say NO she will just curl up at my feet ... most of the time

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

25. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 19:30 Cage

For a take from the other side on the veto of the SCHIP -

http://www.familiesusa.org/bushvskids/background-info.html

In particular, from the web site -

"The facts are:

1. The cost of covering 10 million kids for five years is less than the cost of the Iraq War for seven months;
2. The bill actually makes it harder, not easier, for states to expand the program to higher-income families; and
3. If their parents could get—and could afford—private insurance, these kids would already have coverage.

President Bush has 24-7 guaranteed health care, yet he chose to block coverage for 10,000,000 kids who have no where else to turn."

24. Re: Bitch Oct 3, 2007, 18:53 Enahs

You let her up there 1x, doesn't matter what age, and she will be 4 years old and remember it.

Either your dogs are just stupid, or you do not know how to train them, or mine is super smart.

My dog only gets on the couch when I tell him. Period. End of story.

I also taught him the difference between the TV remote, the DVD remote, the Satellite Box remote and the Surround Sound System remote. When I am lazy I tell him which one to go get me and he gets it for me. He never messes with them other wise.

I leave my shoes and socks on the floor, no problem at all. But we also have special old socks and shoes we play tug with and tear up. He knows the difference and never once tried to play with the non toy socks and shoes. He is almost 6 now.

Yep, your dogs are just idiots! heh

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 18:57.

- W. C. Fields

23. Re: Bitch Oct 3, 2007, 18:22 xXBatmanXx

shes allowed up on the furnature until she can get there herself, then it will be a no-no

Good luck getting her to unlearn that behaviour!

Glad you told him!
I don't think he understands behavior/training/etc. of a dog.

You let her up there 1x, doesn't matter what age, and she will be 4 years old and remember it.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

22. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 18:21 xXBatmanXx

I wonder what Keith Olbermann will be ranting about tonight...

ugh, someone please put Olbermann and O'Reilly in a shuttle and launch it at the sun.

21. Re: Bitch Oct 3, 2007, 17:43 The Half Elf

Hey it can be done, once I got a new couch/loveseat I trained him not to get up there unless there is a blanket for him to lay on.
The cat on the other hand... it's just too fucking evil to listen.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

20. Re: Bitch Oct 3, 2007, 17:02 complicity

shes allowed up on the furnature until she can get there herself, then it will be a no-no
Good luck getting her to unlearn that behaviour!

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

19. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 15:48 mag

Do we need NASA?

What a ridiculously retarded question. Sure, if the only important thing about space is to put a billionaire into orbit for a few hours, then no we don't need NASA. But if you want to do science, then I'm afraid the Free Market isn't going to help you there.

The article lambastes NASA for a couple of lost probes to Mars. What about the rovers which are still going strong? What about Deep Impact? What about all of the other probes put up either by NASA or as a collaborative effort with the ESA?

None of those things would get done without a public space program. The private space industry isn't there yet, and I don't think they will be for quite some time. Space is hard and expensive and there's no real immediate profit to be made by it.

18. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 15:32 Jeraxle

The trouble with the bill was that it was targeting the wrong class of people. It was touted as health care for poor children but it didn't target them. If it would have been passed, middle-class and even some instances of upper-class children would have gotten "free or reduced" health care. All the while, the children that actually need it, lower-class children, still wouldn't have any.

Adding signatures to message boards since October 7th, 2012.

17. Re: Bitch Oct 3, 2007, 15:11 Yosemite Sam

Is she your bitch?

Yup, my new pup Had to put my last one down a couple months ago due to renal failure
Have had her just over a week now, finally starting to get a decent nights sleep.

BAD DOG! GET OFF OF THE COUCH

Heh shes allowed up on the furnature until she can get there herself, then it will be a no-no.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin
This comment was edited on Oct 3, 15:13.

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

16. BFG Oct 3, 2007, 14:41 Killer Kane

BFG has great customer support (I also have a 6800 GT OC), so does PNY
I had a bad experience with "MSI" tho, inept customer service, never resolved the issue and the dealer wound up eating the card---never again!

"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis

15. Re: Video card Oct 3, 2007, 14:08 changingman

My laptop has all but given up on life after I tried to make it run MOH:Airborne. XPS Gen 2, 6800 Go Ultra, it could only do the lowest settings at 1024x768, but it soon became another casualty of Operation Market Garden. Oddly, my old desktop with a 9800 Pro has a new problem where the display goes purple and green, and they both developed these faults just a couple of days before my new PC came.
The laptop's not entirely broken, though. It will freeze up after maybe 20 minutes of use, usually when I'm writing an all-too-important essay, and the only way to coax it back to life is to blow into the fans to cool it down, and then press hard on the wristrest. I'm not sure why that works, but at this point I'm having to give my laptop what is effectively CPR.
Good thing I got the really-long, very-necessary Dell warranty - this will be the 3rd time it's going back in 2 years. I'm quite wary of their laptop QA, now.

14. Re: video card Oct 3, 2007, 13:57 banddirector

I had a 6800 GT in my last rig and it was a great card. BFG has always been a quality manufacturer.

Same here, only when I first installed it, I didn't realize there was a plastic shrink-wrap-ish thing on the fan and heatsink that was supposed to be removed. I ran the thing for 3 months like that, and it didn't even over-heat.

Now *that's* a sign of quality (and yes, my stupidity). But it has made me totally loyal to BFG cards - - I'll never buy anything else.

-----------------------------------
Where ever you go, there you are ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

13. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 13:13 PHJF

Because the Congress has chosen to send me a bill that moves our health care system in the wrong direction, I must veto it.

Yes, because a bill that gives poor kids health insurance is the wrong direction.

I wonder what Keith Olbermann will be ranting about tonight...

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2007, 13:08 Enahs

I found the quote from Bush on it. Read it and make what you will.
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/bush_veto_health_care_moving_i.html

If what he says is true, about it covering children of families making almost $83,000 a year; while there would still be millions of much poorer children with out health care, it seems kinda stupid and a waste.

Whatever, I dunno enough about it. Who cares. He had support from both Republicans and Democrats in the senate, so something is clearly up with it.

- W. C. Fields

11. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 12:55 xXBatmanXx

I hate to go political in here:

The plan that Bush vetoed today for health care - does anyone have a link to what EXACTLY the bill would have done?

These bills are huge, and I was looking for bullet points on what exactly would and would not get covered, or what rider bills where attached to it.
It is always interesting to find out exactly what was in a bill, even though the media puts a spin on it.
I am trying to find a reason why he would veto something that would benefit children.....yet something tells me the bill probably isn't efficient.

Please, no political wars...just looking for info to educate myself.

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 13:05.

10. No subject Oct 3, 2007, 12:52 strich

Maybe they'll just send you one of their brand new, top of the line card, you being Blue and all...

i had a 6800 GT in my last rig and it was a great card. BFG has always been a quality manufacturer.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

9. Re: Bitch Oct 3, 2007, 12:39 xXBatmanXx

Check out this hot bitch

BAD DOG! GET OFF OF THE COUCH!

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo