Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Boxed Orange Box Pre-Purchase & TF2 Beta Access

Valve announces the pre-purchase program for The Orange Box is underway at GameStop stores, offering a 10% discount along with an actual orange box, which, while it will not have the shooter bundle yet, will offer access to the Team Fortress 2 beta test. These are the same incentives (besides the box, of course) granted to those who pre-purchase the Steam edition of the shooter bundle, as was promised when the program was announced (story). Here's the deal:

September 24, 2007 - Valve and GameStop today announced that those who pre-purchase the PC edition of The Orange Box at GameStop, the world's largest video game and entertainment software retailer, before October 10th will save 10% off the regular price and gain access to the beta version of Team Fortress 2 for the PC.

The Orange Box, penned by IGN as ".the package which could legitimately be called the deal of the century," features three highly-awaited new games by Valve: Half-Life® 2: Episode Two, the second installment in the Half-Life 2 episodic trilogy; Team Fortress® 2, the sequel to the game that put class-based, multiplayer team warfare on the map; and Portal, the game that blends puzzles, first person action, and adventure gaming to produce an experience like no other.

To bring gamers up to date with the Half-Life 2 universe, The Orange Box also includes Half-Life 2, the best-selling and highest-rated action game series of all time, and the episodic debut Half-Life® 2: Episode One-together, more than 30 hours of award-winning gameplay. Customers who already own these titles will have the ability to conveniently "gift" them to a friend upon official release of The Orange Box.

Starting immediately, those who pre-purchase The Orange Box for PC at any GameStop retail store in the US will receive a key-code and instructions to download and activate the beta release of Team Fortress 2 from Steam. The beta will conclude with the release of The Orange Box on October 10th. This year's most anticipated online action game, Team Fortress 2 delivers new game types, a signature art style powered by Valve's next generation animation technology, persistent player statistics, and more.

The Orange Box will have a suggested retail price of $49.95 on the PC and $59.95 on the Xbox® 360 and Playstation® 3 console systems. The 10% pre-purchase discount also applies to all three versions at GameStop and participating retail outlets.

For more information about The Orange Box, please visit www.steamgames.com.

View
76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

76. Re: Zombie Tour Sep 28, 2007, 00:06 CreamyBlood

Yipeee! I got tickets, only 35 bucks. And it's in a venue that only holds 1000 people so it'll be up close and personal. It's gonna be a freak show I tell ya!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

75. Zombie Tour Sep 27, 2007, 21:11 Robitaille20

My friends band is opening that tour. They are called In This Moment...check 'em out!

74. Zomie Tour Sep 27, 2007, 21:10 Robitaille20

My friends band is opening that tour. They are called In This Moment...check 'em out!

73. No subject Sep 27, 2007, 10:39 xXBatmanXx

Zombie's coming to town here in less than a month. Just found out and hope I can still get tickets. Bet it's a good freak show.

Zombie puts on the best show - hands down.

He is coming 2x before the end of the eyar here - but the Target Center sound SUCKS.

I refuse to go.

Maybe we will drive to Wisc. and see him.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

72. Re: ... Sep 27, 2007, 07:07 SirOvenMitt

I pre-ordered from Gamestop does anyone know how long it takes to receive the Beta key? I ordered two days ago and still nothing.

71. Re: ... Sep 26, 2007, 21:19 CreamyBlood

Zombie's coming to town here in less than a month. Just found out and hope I can still get tickets. Bet it's a good freak show.

70. Re: ... Sep 26, 2007, 12:12 Krovven

Korn concert was pretty good. Jonathan Davis was in good shape and belting out the tunes. Sound was great and could clearly hear JD, which a lot of concerts I find the vocals gets canceled out by the rest of the band.

However, the stage show was pretty blah with a generic laser/lights and not much else going on.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Crysis, STALKER, Dark Messiah

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group.

69. Re: ... Sep 26, 2007, 06:11 Kedyn

heh, shows you how out of touch I am....saw them once in a small place before going big, then saw them on their first tour, then here and there for summer fest type stuff....didn't think they were still around.

I only talk because I saw them live... Like... I don't know... Maybe 6-7 years ago, after the release of the third CD, whichever one that was. They just seemed tired and lazy and bored, but then again, I don't see why they would give two shits about a po-dunk little city like Wichita, KS. They probably would now that they aren't sucking MTV dick anymore.

Then again, it could have been the sensory overload from Rob Zombie, who was on the stage before Korn. Good god, what an awesome show. I wish I had stayed in the front for it, because when the big fire breathing robot thing lit up, you could feel the heat rush out from the stage. It was nuts. When he got on stage and started, the first thing I thought was "oh man I gotta get the fuck out of here RIGHT NOW", because that place went insane.

68. All well and fine....except... Sep 25, 2007, 21:32 Robitaille20

When I went into my local Gamestop to get this preorder and TF2 beta key they had no idea what I was talking about... I guess today if it isn't Halo 3 it doesn't exist.

67. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 20:33 JaZeeL

You make it sound like nobody will ever make any additional maps for the game. Valve have a commitment to not let it stagnate for at least 6 months, if not longer and i'm sure others will let fly on it once the SDK is available.

Actually, there is already a server running a modified version of cp_well that has flags. The messages "capture the enemy intelligence and return it to your basement" are erroneous, being that there is no basement, but it works. I would tell you the server name, but I didn't get to make note of it.

EDIT: This is server-side, since it's only an entity change.

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 20:40.

66. WF? Sep 25, 2007, 15:28 Buttercup

No love for Weapons Factory?

65. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 15:04 xXBatmanXx

Just to answer my own earlier question in case anyone cares or wants to know, the free game offer that comes with ATI cards does include TF2 and access right now.
This game is really fun in an old school kind of way.

Good to hear - to be honest, I thought you were gonna get the duck screw!

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

64. No subject Sep 25, 2007, 14:04 PropheT

Just to answer my own earlier question in case anyone cares or wants to know, the free game offer that comes with ATI cards does include TF2 and access right now.

This game is really fun in an old school kind of way.

63. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 13:00 Krovven

If I had to choose one of their albums to check first, listen to See You On The Other Side. You may have heard the single Twisted Transistor.

62. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 12:50 xXBatmanXx

I like their last 3 albums better than the albums prior to that where they had a lot of rap guests on the albums. Last 3 albums have just been good ol heavy rock.

hmmmm, thanks....I think I will check it out.

61. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 12:21 Krovven

I like their last 3 albums better than the albums prior to that where they had a lot of rap guests on the albums. Last 3 albums have just been good ol heavy rock.

60. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 12:17 xXBatmanXx

FYI, I won't playing tonight. Off to a Korn concert!

Then prepare to be underwhelmed.

heh, shows you how out of touch I am....saw them once in a small place before going big, then saw them on their first tour, then here and there for summer fest type stuff....didn't think they were still around.

XMRadio will do that to you I guess.
All punk music all the time.

59. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 12:14 Kedyn

Then prepare to be underwhelmed.

58. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 12:06 Krovven

Well, if anything, hopefully those players learned how break out of spawn. Those breach points on Dustbowl are meant to be choke points, but you can't just lob a few nades out and hope to get out. Gotta use Ubercharge and bust out taking down the Turrets first.

57. Re: ... Sep 25, 2007, 11:53 xXBatmanXx

Wasn't even letting one of the attacking teams out of their spawn area on Dustbowl. Felt bad for them, but it was funny as hell. Why they didn't charge up a few people with Uber and rush us, I'll never know.

Yeah, I was talking with the admins and they were getting mad (funny, there were admins on both sides and I was the only one that said, "maybe we should move back") - oh well.

It isn't THAT HARD to defend against the invici - people just get scared and run into the frey! ugh. When we were fighting the invici - I would just tell the team "backup - run, invici coming" hide for 8-10 seconds and come out killing the medic. geez.

Yeah, I will post them tonight, didn't leave my home rig on.

76 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo