Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New ForceWare Beta Drivers

The nZone Beta Drivers Section now offers new beta version 163.71 ForceWare drivers for GeForce accelerators, offering SLI fixes for the TeamFortress 2 beta (thanks Thinus). There are new drivers for Windows XP 32-bit, Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition/Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista 32-bit, and Windows Vista 64-bit.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. ... Sep 22, 2007, 08:14 theyarecomingforyou

If you don't like upgrading your drivers often, then don't. Do it when you have problems, or maybe if your drivers are getting old (like more than 6-12 months).

The ATI drivers I had to use for my previous card were far worse. CCC was slow and a resource hog. Anti-aliasing would inexplicably stop working until I rebooted.
I agree completely. nVidia drivers, despite their problems, are still a lot better than ATi and the control panel loads a damn sight quicker.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. lol, Sep 21, 2007, 21:25 Shataan

I used to always be on the lookout for the newest drivers. But, nothing after the 97.92s offered any visuals or performance enhancements. So, I still use the 97.92s on both my 8800 GTXs.

26. amazing Sep 21, 2007, 19:39 nomar

these drivers give ma 4200ti 110fps in Bioshock!!!!!

25. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 18:23 Bucky

Oh, sweet. I had forgotten to make an SLI profile, this just doubled my FPS in TF2 (7950 GX2). Of course, it seems to have broken nHancer compatibility...

---
Xfire: GreySpire
http://www.pclinuxos.com

24. what EVER... Sep 21, 2007, 18:05 Tom

I've been using 158.22 (April 20th 2007) with my 8800GTS with NO problems. No problems in BF2, Bioshock, TF2. Just because they're on a short release cycle and include app-specific fixes doesn't mean they suck. If you don't like upgrading your drivers often, then don't. Do it when you have problems, or maybe if your drivers are getting old (like more than 6-12 months).

The ATI drivers I had to use for my previous card were far worse. CCC was slow and a resource hog. Anti-aliasing would inexplicably stop working until I rebooted. I had to manually switch between profiles all the time. I'm much happier with NVIDIA's drivers. NVIDIA+RivaTuner is way better than ATI+ATITool ever was.

23. No subject Sep 21, 2007, 17:55 Hump

The last beta release was supposed to address issues with the Crysis beta and Bioshock, it did neither. I've had to reset the drivers back to 162's

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

22. Re: ... Sep 21, 2007, 17:43 Donkey_Punch

And Mars has a breathable atmosphere.

Well compared to Mexico City or China...

21. ... Sep 21, 2007, 17:37 theyarecomingforyou

OJ is innocent.
And Mars has a breathable atmosphere.

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

20. No subject Sep 21, 2007, 17:33 Donkey_Punch

OJ is innocent.

19. Re: ... Sep 21, 2007, 17:25 Ant

Quicksilver: Others and I have aspect ratio problems with TV out.

NVIDIA drivers had this problem for ages.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

18. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 17:25 SpectralMeat

YOU BASTARDS ARE LUCKY THEY EVEN WRITE DRIVERS FOR YOU!!!!!!

But all you fucking people wants is just more more more more more. Nvidia is not well right now. *sobs*

For people not familiar with the Brithney video lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZAr9E8i3ng

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 17:23 Ant

pacbowl: Agreed. I got NVIDIA because of Linux. Now that ATI/AMD open source their drivers, I am most likely going back to ATI for my next video card.

NVIDIA, you screwed up by your drivers quality.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 16:26 Smoove

LEAVE NVIDIA ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

YOU BASTARDS ARE LUCKY THEY EVEN WRITE DRIVERS FOR YOU!!!!!!

15. Re: ... Sep 21, 2007, 15:12 the_culture

Would you kindly?

Hahha, one of the best moments in recent gaming.

I'll try these drivers tonight to see if they help any in TF2. Man, TF2 is an absolute blast. I am so glad I pre-ordered.

14. Re: ... Sep 21, 2007, 15:08 Quicksilver

Anyone else have a problem with TV Out not doing overscan on your TV and having black boxes around the border? I've had this since like version 160 something and they have yet to fix it. The only way I can get it back is by going to the 158 drivers and that brings along a whole host of issues when I'm playing games.

13. Re: ... Sep 21, 2007, 14:10 SpectralMeat

Just wait for the new drivers on Tuesday or Wednesday for the Crysis demo.

12. Re: ... Sep 21, 2007, 14:09 Overon

ATI did the same thing for bioshock with bioshock drivers.

But damn every new game that comes out, nvidia has new beta drivers for it.

Has anyone verified that these drivers actually offer better performance or fix issues as compared to other older nvidia drivers?

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 14:12.

11. ... Sep 21, 2007, 13:55 theyarecomingforyou

I'd love to try these but since they separated the shader control for overclocking with Vista drivers above 163.44 I can't get past 594MHz core speed... it will just immediately go back to the previous clock speed. Unless overclocking programs are updated (if they can be for Vista) then I'm back to using 163.44. Currently I have 650/875 speeds and I'm not losing 10-20fps for a few minor bug fixes.

10. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 13:48 SpectralMeat

LEAVE NVIDIA ALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

ROFL !

That reminds me of Brithney Spears lol

9. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 13:47 The Half Elf

I'd rather have more updates then no updates or shitty ATI drivers.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo