Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

View
90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

90. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 17:50 Krovven

So all this ramped up fear & security actions across the US has nothing to do with the local, state and national governments handing down orders to all policing agencies for them to be more heavy-handed vigilant?

It's very political, going all the way up the ladder to Bush.
As I said earlier, 10 to 15 years ago this would not have happened the way it did in 2007.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently fragging in Team Fortress 2, Crysis, STALKER, Dark Messiah

Join the "Blues News" Steam Community Group.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

89. Re: No subject Sep 25, 2007, 17:34 DrEvil

That's some retard logic there.

Where it happened has nothing to do with anything. The police, and only the police are to blame for whether or not they handled the situation appropriately.

88. Re: No subject Sep 23, 2007, 03:51 Krovven

Stop equating the police and this with political oppression. That is just BS.

No it's not. It happened at a political forum. It has everything to do with politics.

87. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2007, 08:29 Enahs

15 years ago, that kid would not have been tazed.

That is ONLY because cops did not have tazers as much and were allowed to use it.

15 years ago, the people in charge would have gotten the cops to make the guy leave, and they would have to have physically forced him more, and more likely injured him.

Stop equating the police and this with political oppression. That is just BS.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

86. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2007, 04:00 dubfanatic

Vancouver has it's problems, but it's still one of the best places to live.

Amen to that. I wouldn't live anywhere else in North America, if I had a choice. I'm originally from Seattle, and it's one of the best places in the US, but it doesn't hold a candle to Vancouver.

I love how none of my comments - or those of others who speak facts - get tested.

Just shows you how much people know fact from fiction.

Because you ignore people you disagree with. The world seems so great when you can't hear dissenting opinions. But this is fruitless, because I know you ignored me a long time ago for the same reason, you fucking idiot.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

LOLOLOL AHAHAHAH UR SO FUNNY

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 04:30.

85. No subject Sep 22, 2007, 02:02 xXBatmanXx

I love how douche bags around here regularly change their name as though comments from a "who the fuck is that guy" will actually mean something or we can't figure them out if they change their name....duh, shit by any other name is still shit - no matter how high you stack it.

I again thank Camaro for a wonderful script.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.
This comment was edited on Sep 22, 02:07.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

84. No subject Sep 22, 2007, 01:59 xXBatmanXx

I love how none of my comments - or those of others who speak facts - get tested.

Just shows you how much people know fact from fiction.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 02:08.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

83. Re: No subject Sep 22, 2007, 01:24 Krovven

I would be shocked if at least 3 people do not get tazered every week with the crime rate Vancouver has.

Yea, but they are not protesters.

You have to admit that folks in the US have become a bit paranoid over the last 8 years thanks to the good old Bush administration. 15 years ago, that kid would not have been tazed.

82. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 23:35 Kxmode

That reminds me of Gary Busey on the Simpsons explaining the many restraining orders against him for being "too real".

Gary Busey being "too real"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q29CY76Mo9U

-----
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
"BioShock RMX" track posted (9/21)
"Fallout" track posted (9/20)

81. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 22:15 Enahs

and never once have I heard of the cops having to tazer anyone.

Because the people getting tazered are not trying to make a video for the internet to get attention. And being well over dramatic about being tazerd.

A city the size of Vancouver, I would be shocked if at least 3 people do not get tazered every week with the crime rate Vancouver has. You do not here about because it is not a big deal man.

Call up the police department if you doubt it and ask them how often they have to use the tazer.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

80. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 22:07 Kosumo

It wasn't torture, it wasn't brutality,

... it wasn't civilized.

79. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 21:35 Krovven

The guy was resisting, he was still resisting when he had one arm cuffed and the other was free.

I'm not sold on that. I live in Vancouver, one of the more liberal locales, we see almost weekly displays of activism usually outside the Museum (old courthouse) or at some other on-site protest. Point being, people get arrested doing the same thing that kid was doing (causing a scene to get published) raising the arm, not going peacefully, etc, and never once have I heard of the cops having to tazer anyone.

Vancouver has it's problems, but it's still one of the best places to live.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 21:37.

78. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 20:02 Cabezone

I apologize if somewhere along the line I gave you the impression I am not an asshole. I assure you that I am, but that doesn't mean you're not a jackass.

"I never once saw the kid fight back."

You use tiptoe around the issue with bullshit statements like that. The guy was resisting, he was still resisting when he had one arm cuffed and the other was free. Rather than break his arm they tazed him.

It wasn't torture, it wasn't brutality, it is the safest and least halrmfull thing they could do to get him cuffed.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

77. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 19:30 banddirector

Cablezone and Banddirector...the difference between Enahs, Batman and I compared to you 2, is that we dont need to resort to name calling and insults to talk about our opinions.

I was only kidding. Lighten up, Francis ...

-----------------------------------
Where ever you go, there you are ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

76. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 18:52 PHJF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_SGpuyMq0s&mode=related&search=  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

75. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 18:50 Krovven

Only the stupid keep fighting like that when being arrested.

Who was fighting? In the footage I saw, I never once saw the kid fight back.

The video footage I saw, he wasn't resisting in any way...until he was being held down, handcuffed and being tazed and squirming to try and not be electrocuted. It's a natural human instinct. It would require a lot of focus and discipline to not move and not squirm when being tazed.

Don't know if you remember quite a few year back, the cops were beating on someone (video camera in a house caught it on tape). One cop standing off to the side holding the tazer gun flipping the switch every few seconds to make the guy react. Then the cops would beat him some more, taze, beat him some more...

The cops excuse for the excessive force after the guy was already on the ground, beaten and bloody? He was still moving. The only time the guy moved was when he was tazed and beaten.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 18:51.

74. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 18:35 Warhawk

The thing with that is, it really doesn't matter who is doing something to you, for whatever reason. It's natural human reaction to fight back against someone harming you, even if it is the cops.

But humans, as a "higher" life form, usually learn quickly. Most learn that fighting the cops like that just leads to ugliness and a world of hurt. Only the stupid keep fighting like that when being arrested. You aren't going to win, and if you do, then they will really hunt you down.

Really, 99.9% of the time if you act normal, they treat you with respect.

But then I wouldn't have the show "COPS" to laugh at, would I? Flippin idiots.

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

73. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 18:07 Krovven

You would think she would learn after the first few shocks to stop fighting....

The thing with that is, it really doesn't matter who is doing something to you, for whatever reason. It's natural human reaction to fight back against someone harming you, even if it is the cops.

Cops already know this.

72. Re: Taser Sep 21, 2007, 18:02 dubfanatic

Authority is authority. And saying that anytime someone gets tased, they deserved it is not true. There are no absolutes.

thinking in terms of spectrums makes my poor American brain hurt. it's so much easier to spout absolute slogans and regurgitate divisive talking points than trying to sift through the issues.

Bats, why are you still here arguing with these idiots? Don't you have an über-machine to build?

I'm surprised he hasn't added them to his "tard list." It's probably full, since he adds everyone whose opinions oppose his. I think I'm still on it for making fun of him calling cannabis "geef."

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 18:05.

71. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2007, 18:00 Awesome Spume

Sorry I was just trying to make fun of Bats cos he seems super-gay. I don't care what his sexual preference is but I reserve the right to make fun of him for it.

I'll stop making these comments when I can delete Bats emails without worrying that I may lose a leg in the process.

EDIT: Bats - if you have anything manly to say then say it here....

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 18:02.

90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo