Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY Edition Ships

Bethesda Softworks announces that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition is now shipping in North America for both PC and Xbox 360, and the RPG sequel combined with the Shivering Isles expansion and the Knights of the Nine content will be available as early as tomorrow:

September 10, 2007 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, announced today that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition (GotY) for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows has begun shipping to retail stores throughout North America and will be in stores as early as Tuesday, September 11. Oblivion GotY includes the original version of the award-winning RPG, Oblivion, along with the official expansion, The Elder Scrolls® IV: Shivering Isles™, and the downloadable content, Knights of the Nine™.

This new product allows players who have never played the 2006 Game of the Year to experience Oblivion along with additional content. Gamers can also continue their existing games of Oblivion and experience the new quests and areas offered by the expansion and downloadable content.

Released in March 2006 for Windows and Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and in March 2007 for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Oblivion has already earned countless awards from publications around the world and won numerous Game of the Year and RPG of the Year awards. It has also recently achieved the status of both Xbox 360 Platinum Hit (North America) and Xbox 360 Classic (Europe). The Xbox 360 Platinum Hits and Classics programs allow existing gamers and new gamers alike to have access to great games at an amazing price.

Oblivion features a powerful combination of free-form gameplay, unprecedented graphics, cutting edge AI, character voices by acting legends Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean, Terrance Stamp, and Lynda Carter, and an award-winning soundtrack. Gamers can choose to unravel Oblivion’s epic narrative at their own pace or explore the vast world in search of their own unique challenges.

With more than 30 hours of new gameplay, Shivering Isles allows you to explore an entirely new plane of Oblivion – the realm of Sheogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness. Shivering Isles features a bizarre landscape split between the two sides – Mania and Dementia –filled with vast, twisting dungeons mirroring the roots of the trees they are buried within. Sheogorath himself looks to you to be his champion and defend his realm and its inhabitants from destruction as you discover all new items, ingredients, spells, and much more.

Knights of the Nine features an all-new faction and quests for noble characters and answers many of the questions surrounding the Ayleid ruins found throughout Oblivion. Players can join a new faction and found their own order of holy knights – leading them into battle against a sorcerer-king and his demonic minions while exploring massive dungeons and searching for legendary relics – the holy armor and weapons of the Divine Crusader.

Oblivion GotY will be available for PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from SCEA next month. In October, Bethesda Softworks will also ship Shivering Isles for Xbox 360 at retail as a standalone expansion. For more information on Oblivion, Shivering Isles, or The Elder Scrolls, visit www.elderscrolls.com.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 09:04 Xyggy

Will this version replace the epitome of lazy design that is level scaling mobs with actual balanced mobs to reflect level progression? Is this the version that makes me care there is a story somehwere in the game? Is this the version that makes Oblivion an actual RPG where my choices mean something?

I weep for F3.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 09:05.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 08:31 Efflixi

"Lol there it is again, how I love that sentence. WIll I or won't I describe Lynda Carter as an 'acting legend'? Oh, I'll just append her at the end and hope nobody will notice."

Not to mention the fact that (secret text)

Patrick stewart only voices the first 15 minutes of the game... kinda stupid to imply that you interact with that character for more than a few minutes

14. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 03:13 sir

character voices by acting legends Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean, Terrance Stamp, and Lynda Carter

Lol there it is again, how I love that sentence. WIll I or won't I describe Lynda Carter as an 'acting legend'? Oh, I'll just append her at the end and hope nobody will notice.

13. Re: No subject Sep 11, 2007, 01:42 Golem

Just think in less than a year and a half we'll be able to download our first F3 micro add-on... the Power Armor!

12. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 00:59 Mike Hunt

A whole new audience can now experience the failings of Bethesda's RPG design. More grist for the moron mill.

11. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 00:45 Fausticle

If they still have the same lame monster leveling system forget it. That is what really ruined Oblivion for me. That and the retarded interface.

10. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 00:45 Fausticle

Double post

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 00:47.

9. Re: Well.. Sep 10, 2007, 21:25 SacredGinmill

Does this version ship with all the mods that make the PC version an actual PC version?

What mods are you referring to? I have had this game since release but could never get into it until installing Oscuro's OBlivion overhaul.

8. Re: Well.. Sep 10, 2007, 18:59 Trev

Does this come with horse armor?  
Trevor

7. Well.. Sep 10, 2007, 18:56 The Half Elf

How are the 2 'expansions' for Oblivion? Worth getting?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Too bad, too bad Sep 10, 2007, 18:42 the_culture

Poor little Sherlock Holmes, didn't even get a proper heading...

5. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 18:26 Bone43

Feel kinda bad that MW had two expansions by the time its GotY package was released. Oh well.

CHA-CHING!!!!

Really only one expansion as Knights of the Nine content pack should have been free.

4. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 18:26 Ecthelion

Knights of the Nine is "kind of" an expansion, right? Anyway, by the time Morrowind got its 2nd expansion, was anyone still playing it? I know I wasn't. The only reason I even played Tribunal is that it came out before I was done with Morrowind. The Elder Scrolls games (at least the last 2) get boring too fast to support lots of expansions.

I guess Bethesda is focusing all their energy on Fallout 3 and abandoning Oblivion (at least for now).

3. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 18:25  famished 

Great. Only days after I bought both Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles. Nevertheless still enjoying the game.

2. No subject Sep 10, 2007, 17:55 Wilson

Feel kinda bad that MW had two expansions by the time its GotY package was released. Oh well.

1. No subject Sep 10, 2007, 17:42 Cabezone

Does this version ship with all the mods that make the PC version an actual PC version?

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo