Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Released

The promised Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo is now available, offering a sample of Splash Damage's teamplay first-person shooter. A complete list of download and torrent locations for the demo are available on the Enemy Territory QUAKE Wars Community Website. Downloads of the corresponding Windows dedicated server can be found on 3D Downloads, ActionTrip, FileFront, FileShack, and Gamer's Hell, while the dedicated Linux server is available from Gamer's Hell. The id Software Website has a warning for ATI owners: "Important note for ATI users: You must download and install this hotfix in order to be able to run the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars demo. The next revision of the ATI drivers is going to include the hotfix." Also, the id Software Website offers the address of a couple of public demo servers where it seems possible you can go to get whupped by some of the folks who developed the game and its engine:

ETQW Demo Servers:
[id] Public Demo Server - 192.246.40.231:27733 (Campaign)
[id] Xian's Stopwatch Happy Funhouse - 192.246.40.230:27733 (Stopwatch)

If you are interested in strategies, a Valley Map Guide for the demo was released last week (story).

View
99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

99. Re: ETQW Sep 18, 2007, 08:55 Eldaron Imotholin

So that made you angry or what?

Loving ET and loving ETQW doesn't automatically mean that the games have anything incommon except for both being online FPS' and some other minor things like the classes.

Give me some real feedback, reasons why you disagree with my statements and it'll be highly appreciated.

Ok, Thanks, Bye,
Vince

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

98. Re: ETQW Sep 16, 2007, 20:56 CreamyBlood

I haven't played ETQW yet since I'm in Aruba finishing some useless internship (those 2 words go so well together) but reading all those comments I came to the conclusion that this game has no reason - at all! - to have the name "Enemy Territory" in it, nor "Quake".

So, you haven't played the game yet you've come to the conclusion that it has nothing to do with Enemy Territory.

I've played ET almost daily for I don't know how many years now and think differently than 'Fansite Slippery Jim'.

Perhaps you should go play the game yourself and come up with your own unique opinion.

As a hardcore ETPro veteran (and all the Quakes et al), I'm quite happy with it. Others don't agree. But at least they've played the fucking thing before forming an opion.

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 20:59.

97. ... Sep 16, 2007, 14:15 theyarecomingforyou

So.. let's just give it another name, shall we? =D

Men VS Aliens ?
Aliens & The Radiator?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

96. Re: ETQW Sep 15, 2007, 17:14 Eldaron Imotholin

It's pretty fucking hilarious that Slippery Jim is right about the first guy that even mentions Enemy Territory in the true context of comparison.

It's NO sequal to BF2! And why the fuck it's called Enemy Territory: Quake Wars in the first place is beyond me. They should've just sticked with Enemy Territory 2. They should've focussed on the great things ET had that made the game so totally-friggin'-way-too-f00kin addictive!

I haven't played ETQW yet since I'm in Aruba finishing some useless internship (those 2 words go so well together) but reading all those comments I came to the conclusion that this game has no reason - at all! - to have the name "Enemy Territory" in it, nor "Quake".

So.. let's just give it another name, shall we? =D

Men VS Aliens ?

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 17:33.

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

95. ETQW Sep 12, 2007, 21:42 Donkey_Punch

Tried the demo for a few hours and uninstalled it.

I was addicted to ET for over a year (I even ran a fansite for it) and this game is a hollow shell of Enemy Territory.

Hell, the BF2142 demo was a hellova lot more fun than this over-hyped clone. So disappointed that they have nothing original.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 21:44.

94. Re: Another Mirror Sep 12, 2007, 13:43 nin

Speaking of which, did someone finally kill Rainier?

-----------------------------------------------------
Bioshock: "You're soon beset by deranged flappers and dandies, like Jay Gatsby's party guests gone feral."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

93. Another Mirror Sep 12, 2007, 13:42 V

http://www.fileaholic.com/cgi-sql/file-info.sql/148559

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 13:43.

92. Another Mirror Sep 12, 2007, 13:41 V

<removed duplicate post>
This comment was edited on Sep 12, 13:43.

91. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2007, 10:57 Flo

AMEN, Slinky.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

90. No subject Sep 12, 2007, 10:36 Slink

Once you start playing, it will suck... but after you get used to the classes, objectives, etc, it will be a LOT better. I only wish they had included VOIP and better fireteam options.

And for those that are complaining about graphics, make sure you set your Lighting Quality to HIGH - otherwise it will look like shit.

- - - - - - - - - -
Bioshock, Crysis, Quake Wars, HL2:Episode 2/Portal/TF2, Gears of War PC, Unreal Tournament 3... it's going to be a good Q4. :-)

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

89. Re: No subject Sep 12, 2007, 05:16 Theo

I have been playing it all night , its good in my opinion.
I admit that the vehicles are a bit "wooly" but the game its self is certainly fun.

i ran around most of the night healing folks, and getting the map won for the strogg, then then allies started kick ing our ass with that big silly tank

its lots of fun if you ask me...

with this and TF2, i can see me starting to play multi player shooters again, and its been a very long time since i cared about one, i wanted to care about q4 but apart from the fun single player it was meh multiplayer.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

88. No subject Sep 12, 2007, 03:30 zirik

i am pleasantly surprised after trying the demo. i like the game enough to buy it. dont know what the fuss is all about. the game is different. i dont think it is trying to be bf2142. and the vehicles are no better or worse than the bf2 series. it actually has a higher learning curve than bf2142. and winning requires more teamwork especially if you are on the offensive.

87. Horrible Performance Fix (Multi-Monitor) Sep 11, 2007, 14:34 Evil Timmy

If you're running an nVidia card in dual-display mode and getting ridiculously bad performance (~1fps), either disconnect your secondary display before playing or set ETQW to 'Single device performance' mode in the nV Control Panel. Hopefully this'll be fixed in before retail, but it's a simple solution for now. If you don't have the latest beta drivers, you may have to manually add an entry for your custom settings.

Overall? Meh. Not that impressed. And not enough of my friends have kept up with PC gaming (hardware or software; largely because of the 360) to really encourage me to buy this. It feels like an underpolished BF2142 mod.

86. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 11:16 Fion

I originally was like 'eh, this is alright' after downloading the demo. But the more I played, the more I learned how each profession works, and such, the more I came to really enjoy it. I played it far to late into the night last night and today at work I wish I was home so I could log in and kick some arse.

Gameplay is fast and furious, but at the same time teams need to know what they are doing to win. I also like that each class has specific roles in a map.

The graphics aren't the best, but in a twitch shooter I'd rather have 60+ FPS then mind-blowing graphics and 15 FPS.

My only problem with the game? I'm pissed they changed the look of the railgun's particle fx... again. They need to stick to the standard Quake II set. Railgun is the best damn FPS weapon of all time. But they've changed the look in every single Quake game since. Q2's was easily the best.

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 11:18.

85. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 10:45 nin

See if you have mouse smoothing turned on or off; whichever it is, reverse it. As I have no trouble with it, and my computer sucks compared to yours and I will be getting much poorer performance!

I've not noticed any mouse problems, either...

-----------------------------------------------------
Bioshock: "You're soon beset by deranged flappers and dandies, like Jay Gatsby's party guests gone feral."

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

84. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 10:40 Enahs

but in ETQW it feels like I'm really fighting the mouse - it makes sniping a joke.

See if you have mouse smoothing turned on or off; whichever it is, reverse it. As I have no trouble with it, and my computer sucks compared to yours and I will be getting much poorer performance!

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

83. Re: totally agree.... Sep 11, 2007, 10:36 Enahs

One thing, though... WHERE ARE MY RIFLE GRENADES? Or my rifle, for that matter.

No riffle. But as a eng one of the first things you unlock is a grenade launcher for your automatic machine gun.

I love this game! But as I said before many times; it has a huge problem in that to really enjoy it you need to be not playing with tards.

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

82. my 2 cents Sep 11, 2007, 10:34 sc4r4b

My first impression is really positive! After playing the BF franchise for the past few years it's nice to finally have decent weapons and player movement in Quake Wars.

This is one of the games I've been waiting for...

81. Re: totally agree.... Sep 11, 2007, 10:03 PHJF

I think things will get better for the game as time rolls on and people realize just how important a good engineer is. At least in the demo I most often see people just ignoring the objective and going around shooting people. One thing, though... WHERE ARE MY RIFLE GRENADES? Or my rifle, for that matter.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

80. totally agree.... Sep 11, 2007, 09:30 Shataan

"I sometimes think forcing teamplay is not always a good thing. Build a game so it can allow for great team play for competition play or whatever, but offer individual freedom to pursue your own method to attack or defend."

Have the features built in for Clanners to have their day. But as well allow for peeps to just go in and play. Like Tribes.... say by Golly. Or UT.

QWs demo looks like..... BF 2. A bad rip of it. Never thought I`d see Quakes devs jump onto the "me too" bandwagon. Have to add that I like to team up and play co ordinated style, but I don`t like forced teamplay. Great for the whiners, not so great for peeps who don`t wanna win at all costs..... and who as well just wanna have a good time.

Imho BFs gameplay was the kiss of death for fun gaming. If UT ever adopts that style of forced teamplay, I prolly won`t play that again.

99 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo