Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

TF2 Announcement Next Week

This week's Steam Marketing Message offers some Team Fortress 2 screenshots showing off the Engineer in Valve's upcoming teamplay shooter and promises a high definition movie next week to show off the Engineer's problem solving prowess. The update also dramatically promises a announcement on Tuesday that will make you want to skip laying on a beach in Cancun:

In other TF2 news, stay tuned for a pretty big announcement next week. You're going to want to hold off on planning any vacations until you hear what we've got to say on Tuesday.

View
83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

83. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 14:36 Theo

just also got a community message from the valve comunity thing, 17th confirmed.  

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

82. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 14:30 Krovven

See you should listen to the Valve shill, fanbois...whatever you want to call me. I know "theyare" doesn't call me that. However TF2 Beta isn't until Sept 17th.

And Overon, they are selling each title separately, as I had said...however rather expensively...Ep2 $30, Portal $20, TF2 $30.

Package price for the above including HL2/Ep1 is $44.95 after discount for pre-order. No real reason not to get the package for that price.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Everquest 2 (heard it's become a really good game...we'll see)
This comment was edited on Sep 11, 14:31.

81. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 14:17 Than

Yeah, I see this news blurb on the steam site as well. Though the actual news link gives you a 404. Must be currently updating this, either that or their servers are getting hammered. I'll post an update when I get steam up and running on this machine.

80. Re: ... Sep 11, 2007, 13:55 Theo

logged in to steam a min ago and it said if i bought/pre ordered the orange box i could beta TF2.

so i did...

what a mug eh?

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

79. ... Sep 11, 2007, 09:15 theyarecomingforyou

Far more likely that they will unlock TF2 immediately if you pre-order over Steam. They've done it before and it worked very well.
But that would hurt the retail arrangement they have with EA, so I doubt they'd do that - more likely just a one map demo.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

78. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 16:13 Krovven

which said that Valve is going to release TF2 on steam ala carte before Oct 9's Orange Box.

Far more likely that they will unlock TF2 immediately if you pre-order over Steam. They've done it before and it worked very well.

Currently playing Everquest 2 (heard it's become a really good game...we'll see)

77. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 12:22 Kedyn

Maybe a weekend tf2 preview release or a 'get tf2 early if you pre-order orange box'. We'll see soon.

If they did that, then I'd preorder right now, no hesitation.

76. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 09:49 DrEvil

Somehow I doubt they would do that for what is essentially the biggest selling point of orange box. Maybe a weekend tf2 preview release or a 'get tf2 early if you pre-order orange box'. We'll see soon.

75. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 09:35 Overon

I'm going to go out on a limb that might suddenly break and cause me to fall to my doom:
I heard a rumor from what I consider a good source, which said that Valve is going to release TF2 on steam ala carte before Oct 9's Orange Box.

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 09:45.

74. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 07:10 Beamer

Actually, it's a marketing message. It's made to be seen by people logged into Steam with the "News" window open. It is not a press release.

Hence the term, used by Valve itself, "marketing message," and hence all the links taking you into Steam. It's just something designed for their community, and something you have the option to turn off if you do not care.

And as pointed out no, they did not actually want you to cancel any vacation plans. Some of you are absolute morons.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

73. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 02:25 BatAttack

I think a simpler term for it is a pre-announcement.

Blizzard had one, for StarCraft II.
That worked out pretty well for them, in terms of hype.

72. Re: No subject Sep 10, 2007, 02:08 Zephalephelah

This is getting ridiculous. What the fuck is this new kind of marketing where you make a story about a story? WTF IS THIS???!?!?! JUST MAKE IT STOP!!!

Coming up on the news, Valve is planning on releasing a story about the upcoming story which will be revealed when they announce when the story will be released, and of course, we here at Bluesnews will be informed with a story about that story for the release of the story, which in itself is a pretty good story.

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!>??A?A?!?!?!?!?A!!

71. whining and moaning.. Sep 10, 2007, 01:22 BatAttack

Having some of their artists make 'meet the ***' videos is not going to delay the release of the game - towards the end it's just polish and debugging, leaving the artists to twiddle their thumbs, so they may as well do something fun with their time.

I for one love the videos, as do many others.
If you don't like them, don't watch them.

Regarding the ppl bitching about the 'holiday plans' comment, why don't you take it as it was meant - a good natured tongue-in-cheek comment to their fans.

There is no need to be ill-humoured about it.

70. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 18:32 Fibrocyte

With a name like ">U", how can he be wrong?

69. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 18:24 Krovven

My point is that he is throwing a tantrum like a child because others are criticizing his favorite toy and yet he is calling others childish for their criticism.

His post looks like model behaviour compared to the crap you continue to spew with every post you make...under different usernames.

68. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 16:45 CreamyBlood

My eyes are starting to glaze over. Again.

67. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 15:40 >U

Well many of the changes have been discussed in this thread
"Many," eh? I wouldn't call removing grenades and conc jumping "many" changes. That's only two changes, and their removal is relatively trivial depending upon the player's experience with TFC. I am sure that some clan players are shitting in their pants over the removal of those two things, but to a lot of players those changes will make little difference in how they play. In addition since you love to drone on and on about Valve's games, why don't you just spell out all of these supposed "many" differences in the class weapons and abilities of TF2 versus TFC? We both know the reason you haven't and won't is because there simply aren't "many." It's the exact same classes (in name and number) as in TFC carrying basically the same weapons and performing basically the same tasks as before.

Why do you even get into an discussion and comment on shit you know nothing about?
I know what I have seen, and I have watched enough of the gameplay videos to know that my observations about the game are correct. I trust my own eyes over your sycophantic posturing when it comes to assessing TF2.

Ignorance must be bliss.
Well you are certainly the expert of being ignorant as you love to demonstrate your vast ignorance ad nauseam.

What exactly is your point? He likes the games, he is allowed to state so
Once again you prove you can't comprehend what you read. My point is that he is throwing a tantrum like a child because others are criticizing his favorite toy and yet he is calling others childish for their criticism. Valve may be his "bestest buddy" and beyond reproach in his eyes, but everyone doesn't think Valve's games are flawless and God's gift to players.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 16:02.

66. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 14:49 Krovven

In the gameplay videos the class weapons and abilities appear to be basically the same as TFC. I haven't seen a medic speeding around infecting people, but other than that it's basically the same crew doing the same things as before.

Well many of the changes have been discussed in this thread, but as always you are too ignorant to pay attention to anything positive. Go read previews if you want to find out about gameplay changes.

2Fort and Dustbowl are in TF2, and if TF2 is played online like TFC, that is all many if not most servers will run.

Yea several of the same the maps are there, but they have been changed to alter gameplay. Again, go read previews to find out what details have been released because they have talked about the changes to the maps.

Why do you even get into an discussion and comment on shit you know nothing about? Ignorance must be bliss.

Apparently you are if you can't be more objective in your assessment of Valve's games and more tolerant of dissenting opinions. Valve's games may be your favorite toy, but everyone doesn't feel that way.

What exactly is your point? He likes the games, he is allowed to state so...in a related thread of all places. You are showing us again how you are only capable of being negative, for no reason whatsoever other than to be a jackass.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 14:53.

65. Re: No subject Sep 9, 2007, 14:27 >U

Valve makes kick-ass games if you ask me, every one of their releases have been fuckin amazing, end of discussion...What are you people on this board, like 5??
Apparently you are if you can't be more objective in your assessment of Valve's games and more tolerant of dissenting opinions. Valve's games may be your favorite toy, but everyone doesn't feel that way.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 14:34.

64. Re: @Dagok Sep 9, 2007, 14:23 >U

class weapons and abilities have changed.
In the gameplay videos the class weapons and abilities appear to be basically the same as TFC. I haven't seen a medic speeding around infecting people, but other than that it's basically the same crew doing the same things as before.

Maps have changed
2Fort and Dustbowl are in TF2, and if TF2 is played online like TFC, that is all many if not most servers will run.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 14:32.

83 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo