Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mercenaries 2 Delayed?

GameSpot reports a rumor by way of an un-sourced report on Computer and Video Games that Mercenaries 2: World in Flames is delayed, and that Pandemic's upcoming combat-for-hire shooter will be released next year rather than this year, as was expected. They offer an official no comment from Pandemic and their opinion that this is probably true, among other things because it will keep the game from competing with Crysis, which will also be published by EA. Shacknews has further follow-up on this, saying they also received a noncommittal response from Pandemic, but that EA told them that Mercenaries 2 is still slated for a Holiday 2007 release.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Guys, guys... Sep 5, 2007, 10:07 MyRealName

Let's keep things on topic and in focus:

Fuck EA!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 09:59 DrEvil

Your edit spam speaks more of your being 'phased' than anything.

Your post is full of absolute bullshit too. Name a single game that was "1/2 finished", or the equivalent to a "3 wheeled car". Retarded analogy by the way.

Welcome to PC gaming genius, there is no possible way developers can support every variation of hardware out in the market place. There isn't the time or the budget to test every variation. For people unfortunate enough to be using hardware that has issues that's what patching is for. A game that simply doesn't run could be a problem from a very long list of possible causes. Get a console if you don't want to deal with that.

EDIT2: saying some BS about how complex software is blah blah, thats a complete cop out answer, no shit its complex, but if people weren't lazy/greedy slobs then perhaps things would work as they claim they should. cars complicated too - but guess what, they fucking work!

There you go doing it again. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Game developers are anything but lazy. How often do you work long hours for months on end to finish your projects? There's the useless analogy again. A car is trivial compared to a modern game, in time, effort, manpower, and budget. Anything construction based is a useless analogy. Constructing things work off of rigid blueprints. Software doesn't, especially games. To compare them indicates extreme ignorance on the subject, or simple stupidity.

I wish for more coop games too, but it is in fact not easy to add to 'any' game. Games are being molded their entire dev cycle. More times than not things are being cut late in the process during that crunch time when its obvious ship dates couldn't being met otherwise. Laziness doesn't even enter the picture. Things like split screen and coop are often targets for cuts. It sucks, but neither are easy to add nor are they very often considered critical features of a game(unfortunately).

But whatever, keep up your train of ignorance. Keep telling yourselves game devs are lazy or greedy while the rest of us laugh at your ignorance, and developers remain underpaid and overworked. I can only wish your bullshit were true, and maybe I would be living more comfortably.

12. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 09:48 General Ego

I'm glad we're talking about Mercenaries 2 here

|[ Jesus is coming. Look busy! ]|

11. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 07:16 Beamer

Damn near every game gets patched within two weeks of release. As they should. When the game hits the open market suddenly people with Sound Blaster Pro Basics from 1995 can't hear anything. The dev team had no access to such terrible hardware, so they could not anticipate it. Gotta get patched!

There is no way to avoid problems like that. None. So patches need to get made.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

10. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 04:12 The Half Elf

If you hate it so much why are you posting here?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 01:59 bigspender

thats fine, you just keep on swearing and abusing people on forums and keep paying full price for 1/2 finished games

aren't you curious as to why does only the game industry seem to be able to get away with it? what if you buy a car and it only has 3 wheels, sure it will still be drivable for most people. And you have to wait until the dealer decides they want to develop the 4th wheel? nobody would take that bull shit, nobody would buy a car like that, so why should it be acceptable for software?
its completely different when software gets updated to either have more features or support for new hardware that comming out, thats great customer service.
But when software has flaws like the car with 3 wheels and will not work properly or as specified by the developers (which always talk up their products like its the shiniest object ever) then its a serious problem. When I'm paying for a game or software I like to think I'm paying not only for the content, but for testing and quality assurance - sometimes i swear that the creators didn't even play their own game.

every game apart from a point a click adventure can easily be coop - a lot of the times a mod team does it with in months of release of a game, without the source code, so it can't be that much more work for the dev's. As for multi core, its in the same boat. Common sense (the one people usually lack) will tell you that if you put more features into a product the better it will sell, sure its always going pay off, especially when technology is new, but multi core processors have been around for ages, and have easily been mainstream for the last 3 years. So wouldnt you want your product to take advantage of this so that you can brag about how smooth it runs - surely that would create more sales.

EDIT 1: i have plenty of hobbies thanks for your concern though. gaming is a way i like to spend free time and relax, but when things don't work like they should its not relaxing , it becomes frustrating - installing patches and dealing with securerom etc isnt my idea of a fun time.

EDIT2: saying some BS about how complex software is blah blah, thats a complete cop out answer, no shit its complex, but if people weren't lazy/greedy slobs then perhaps things would work as they claim they should. cars complicated too - but guess what, they fucking work!

EDIT3: lol @ all of the tough guys over forums btw, i really don't think that any adult is phased by someone with the communication skills of an angry teenager.

...grow up, greedy games industry.

This comment was edited on Sep 5, 02:24.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

8. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 01:21 DrEvil

Find a new hobby dipshit. Not every game is suitable for coop, not every game needs to support multicore, and patches are a reality of the complexity of software these days. If you're going to use such lame criteria as a basis for your douchbaggery it shows clearly about your lack of understanding of software development, particularly in PC gaming, and your general cheapness. I wouldn't be surprised if those were also your justifications for downloading games like several other blues news dumbfucks.

7. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 01:13 bigspender

most places in australia will allow it - most of all ebgames does - they atleast exchange it for a voucher, so you can imagine how many bad games you can buy/exchange until you finally hit a decent one.

are you people telling me you are 100% happy with the way you are being exploited? well thats fine if you are, but i'm not, and as a consumer i demand more - the companies shouldnt be telling us what we want - thats our job, we pay their salaries.

6. Re: looking forward to this one Sep 5, 2007, 01:11 bigspender

well don't blame me, blame the games industry

5. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2007, 00:50 DrEvil

especially after 2 weeks

4. Re: No subject Sep 4, 2007, 23:41 The Half Elf

I'd like to know where he shops that he can return opened software for a refund

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

3. No subject Sep 4, 2007, 23:40 Rseman

And with all those stipulations, he's certainly not going to be a big spender!

2. Re: looking forward to this one Sep 4, 2007, 23:30 Elf Shot The Food

Your signature is stupid.

1. looking forward to this one Sep 4, 2007, 23:01 bigspender

well atleast it won't come out the same time as crysis

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo