Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Demo Nears

A post to the Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Website about the game going gold (story) includes word on plans for a demo (noticed by FiringSquad), that's due in a couple of weeks. The demo plans are included in this bit, which also mentions their intention of following the game with the release of the SDK and related materials for mod authors:

Of course this is just the beginning of the next phase that of the ongoing support for Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars. Our first goal after completing the game's demo (planned for release in mid-September - we're working on that right now) will be to watch closely and address any issues that come up in the first few weeks after the game's release. Next, we'll be putting the polish on the Software Developers Kit, including the Source Code, Level Design Tools and documentation to make sure mod-makers get what they need.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. TF2 Sep 2, 2007, 05:46 hapj

I am a huge id fanboy -- since Wolfenstein, Doom 1, Quake 1, and I still play Quake 3. I really want to like ET:QW, but Team Fortress 2 looks like it's shaping up to feel more like an id game than ET:QW, and with a LOT of thought, design effort, and good execution on the multiplayer gameplay.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. 'couple of weeks...'...!!?? Sep 2, 2007, 03:32 Desertfox

Due in a COUPLE OF WEEKS?
I hardly call that news!

23. Yep... Sep 2, 2007, 00:14 grudgebearer

Beady

For a lot of people, this game went from must buy to avoid in the space of two beta's.

Its a huge let-down from the awesomeness that was Enemy Territory.

This is just BF2 with bad weapons, vehicles, sounds and silly mission objectives.

That is pretty much how I feel. I had tons of faith in the SD crew that they would deliver an excellent follow up to Wolf: ET, but the game just fails in so many areas. I think the underlying problem with ET:QW is the engine it self. It just isn't up to snuff when it comes to MP gaming.

The lag is horrible, the hit detection is atrocious, and the controls almost feel like there is about a half second delay when moving and firing. Throw in all kinds of problems with the antilag and there is just too many inherent problems with the game for me to want to deal with.

I had been waiting for this game forever, but the betas have really shown that what was promised and what was delivered are just too far apart.

'I'm not going to walk in through the front door - or the side door - and let you do the talking, just like that. You think I got this old not knowing how to stay alive?'
- Harlon Nayl

22. Re: puter Sep 1, 2007, 17:01 Jerykk

Bioshock handles very well on 360, as did Gear of War.

Gears of War isn't an FPS...

Too bad I don't have a gaming pc.

Um, no offense, but why are you posting on a PC gaming board on a PC gaming news site if you don't even play PC games?

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 17:03.

21. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2007, 14:50 Justus

BF2 with bad weapons and vehicles? That's actually a totally different feel than I got.

I'm not going to try to defend the game too much here--it's not for everyone--but I would say it feels like an ET game. Although I didn't play WolfET in any competitive sense, I did play it casually for quite a long time; I feel that ETQW is a fairly worthy successor. It's definitely not a Battlefield-style game, though, as it's substantially more infantry focused and the maps aren't (or at least don't feel) nearly as large.

You can decide for yourself when the demo comes, anyways.

20. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2007, 14:48 Scottish Martial Arts

This is just BF2 with bad weapons, vehicles, sounds and silly mission objectives.

Given that it plays nothing like BF2, I think it's safe to disregard your comments.

19. No subject Sep 1, 2007, 14:13 Beady

For a lot of people, this game went from must buy to avoid in the space of two beta's.

Its a huge let-down from the awesomeness that was Enemy Territory.

18. No subject Sep 1, 2007, 13:54 DangerDog

yet another game that'll probably be added to my motion sickness list. *sigh*

oh well, i'll give it a try anyway.

There are a ton of variables that can be tweaked to turn off the "bob and sway" when you're running around in the game.

http://4newbies.planetwolfenstein.gamespy.com/ETQW/cvars.php

17. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2007, 10:25 AcidDrone

guitar hero is the only game thats ever given me motion sickness, and it seriously bugs me.

So I feel your pain, not being able to play something that you like or that you want to play but can't because it makes you feel sick really blows.

16. No subject Sep 1, 2007, 09:16 strich

yet another game that'll probably be added to my motion sickness list. *sigh*

oh well, i'll give it a try anyway.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

15. Re: No subject Sep 1, 2007, 08:06 sponge

I doubt you will. It will be a demo, not a semi-public beta.

It may "debut" on FilePlanet, but will be mirrored across the internets after that.

14. Re: System Specs? Sep 1, 2007, 06:17 Flo

No you don't need a SM 3.0 card as it played just fine on my x800 pro , 3800 x2 athlon and 2 gig of ram. You might have to turn the details down to medium but it really scales well to the power of your system.  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

13. System Specs? Sep 1, 2007, 05:36 Eye 4N Eye

Anyone know for "sure" what's gonna be required to run this?
All the info on System Requirements that I can find seem to be speculation based on Quake IV requirements.
I'm really hoping this isn't gonna be like MOH:Airborne and Bioshock and the SM3.0 requirement.

Eye 4N Eye

Opinions are like A**holes, everybody has one and they usually stink
(all except mine of course)

12. Re: puter Sep 1, 2007, 04:17 Flo

I agree with Tony.  

11. Re: puter Sep 1, 2007, 04:04 HellSlayer

lies!:)

Jesus is Lord! If Jesus has no power,why get upset?

o0

10. Re: puter Sep 1, 2007, 03:44 Tony!!!

Playing FPS isn't as bad on consoles as it used to be. Playing with mouse is still and always will be THE best way to play, but with that said, Bioshock handles very well on 360, as did Gear of War.  
-Tony!!!;)
my 360 user name is Robo Pop

9. Re: puter Sep 1, 2007, 02:57 Flo

Though playing lots of games on the 360 lately, Quake Wars is coming to my PC. Running fine on my core 2 duo laptop with 8600gs graphics with details turned to medium.  

8. puter Sep 1, 2007, 02:52 Kxmode

dammit dell, where the hell is my dell?! boo!

-----
Ah ha! I caught you red handed Green cheating on Blue!
http://www.myspace.com/kxmode
"These Eyes - We Were Young" posted (Rob Zombie's 'Halloween')

7. No subject Sep 1, 2007, 00:57 TB

Many of the new FPS on the PS3 allow mouse and keyboard as well as a freelook style function using the motion controls. I have a feeling tho this new cast off from id wont.

6. Xbox? Aug 31, 2007, 22:48 Zephalephelah

Are you serious???

Noone should ever play a FPS without a mouse ever.

I purchased an Xbox to play Halo & when I completed the game, I promptly returned it for a refund. Just turning and looking around at that slow-ass rate made me decide that I was right to stay away from consoles all these years. Until there is a mouse or better, there's no reason to ever play a FPS on a console gaming system. Ever.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo