Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

World War II Online/Battleground Europe Patched

The World War II Online Downloads Page now offers a new version 1.27.0 of the MMO World War II game. The Battleground Europe Forums offers a read me with full details on the new version, which is also available automatically from within the game. Thanks Lerx.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: shill Aug 29, 2007, 21:53 Lactose The Intolerant

Von Breur, I know a member has got to start out somewhere but to sign up just to give a glowing review just smells of shill.

It may not be the case here, but on every board I've been on where WWII Online becomes a subject of discussion droves of their players would sign up and start talking about how great it is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: shill Aug 29, 2007, 20:03 Nomaar

In before the "people still play this game?" post... oh, rats.

Sponsored by the I Am The Center Of The Universe Society.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 20:04.

7. Re: shill Aug 29, 2007, 19:38 Jedi Master

I played WWIIOL for a couple of years, but gave it up. I got tired of fighting the first year of WWII on the Western Front over and over and OVER and OVER again.
It's been FIVE years now. How about 1943? How about the Pacific? N Africa? Eastern Front?
While the prospects looked limitless at release, it turned out to be very limited instead. People signed up in droves and the launch was a major fiasco. By the time they fixed it, so many had left that there wasn't the revenue to do anything like the expansions they'd talked about.

A shame, but WWIIOL deserved to be so much more. Instead, it's like the Matrix sequels...it showed what we could have had.

6. shill Aug 29, 2007, 17:51 Fausticle

Von Breur, I know a member has got to start out somewhere but to sign up just to give a glowing review just smells of shill.

5. World War II Online is Alive & Well Aug 29, 2007, 11:28 Von Breur

This game rocks, especially now with version 1.27. There's not been another "true" PvP game since WWIIol evolved... and there hasn't been one since.

If your a World War II simulation gamer, and enjoy an all around virtual battlefield experience (to include a strategic/logistical officer layer of gameplay (called the "HC" system)), then World War II Online would be your salvation.

However, better bring your "A" game... because the inexperienced die swift deaths in this game.

This comment was edited on Aug 29, 11:28.

4. Impressed Aug 29, 2007, 11:21 MMORPGHoD

Say what you want about their release, but you've got to give them credit for working past those problems and creating the game they wanted to make. I wish them success.

3. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2007, 11:12 Lerxster

Nope. 6 years and still going strong... Most immersive WW2 online game. Not for those who like FPS twitch-em-ups.

2. Re: No subject Aug 29, 2007, 11:07 Coolone

This game is still alive?!

dayum

1. No subject Aug 29, 2007, 10:59 Sepharo

I thought WW2 Online was dead?

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..