Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Warhammer: Battle March Announced

Warhammer Battle Marches to Xbox 360, PC on GameSpot reveals plans for Warhammer: Battle March, an expansion for Warhammer: Mark of Chaos, Namco Bandai's Warhammer RTS game. Here's word on the add-on, due for PC and Xbox 360 next year:

Returning to the series it resurrected, Namco Bandai today announced the first expansion for Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. Titled Warhammer: Battle March, the next installment in the tactical strategy game updates Mark of Chaos with a new single-player campaign that features two new factions: Dark Elves and Orcs & Goblins. All of the existing factions will also receive new units, and new online modes will also be added to the mix.

Whereas the first Mark of Chaos was available exclusively for the PC, Warhammer: Battle March will also be joining the Xbox 360's growing lineup of real-time strategy games. But an expansion without the original game isn't much good, so Battle March on the Xbox 360 will include the original Mark of Chaos in its entirety, as well as all of the new content being added in the PC expansion.

Players will be able to play through single-player campaigns featuring each of the six different factions, and as is a hallmark of the Warhammer universe, Battle March will include extensive unit-customization options. The Xbox 360 game also includes online multiplayer battling for up to four players over Xbox Live in head-to-head and team-based modes.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: No subject Aug 18, 2007, 16:47 Bone43

Hee Hee * REMOVED * again!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Hmmm Aug 17, 2007, 23:34 MachineMk2

You know...I think I meant Dark Omen and wrote Shadow of the Horned Rat. Both were good...Dark Omen better though. Tough game.

6. Re: Hmmm Aug 17, 2007, 22:59 osage no onna

DoW was good. Shadow of the Horned Rat, too. Otherwise, meh.

You must've skipped Dark Omen; that was a really good one.

5. No subject Aug 17, 2007, 22:34 Xero

People actually play Mark of Chaos? Game blew. DoW kicked ass and the expansions for it. I dun think any Warhammer game following will really be able to capture Warhammer as well as DoW and it's expansions had.

Currently playing: Skyrim

4. Re: Hmmm Aug 17, 2007, 22:08 PHJF

Battle for Middle Earth was praised for its console UI.

Problem is Mark of Chaos was an extremely boring game, PC or not.

------
"That don't look like no golden marmoset I ever seen!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Hmmm Aug 17, 2007, 20:57 DrEvil

Yea C&C3 was really awkward on a console.

2. Hmmm Aug 17, 2007, 19:09 MachineMk2

I'd kill for a good Warhammer game. DoW was good. Shadow of the Horned Rat, too. Otherwise, meh. And all those SSI ones. Alright, they were mediocre.

But RTS on consoles? I'm not a believer. I admit, I've never played them on any console platform...and maybe it's fun, but I just think the PC is the place for a decent, involved RTS. I really can't say I have a logical reason for that.

1. No subject Aug 17, 2007, 19:07 Rainier

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 17, 19:13.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo