Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Q&As

• Unreal Tournament 3
    The Unreal Tournament 3 Q&A on Voodoo Extreme chats with Jeff Morris of Epic Games about their upcoming first-person shooter sequel. A lot of ground is covered, including how the game's visuals will compare with those of Gears of War, whether the single-player campaign will have a storyline, AI improvements, returning maps, game types, and more.
  • Heat
    What Happened to Gearbox’s Heat? on Next Generation is an article-format conversation with Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software about the status of their plans for a game based on Heat, Michael Mann's highly regarded crime movie. The discussion covers how talk of such a game got started, why the project has failed to gain traction to this point, and his hopes of still someday realizing his vision for the game.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: ... Aug 17, 2007, 22:13 The Half Elf

4d I would say that Ubi useually fixes performance with patches as they did with Graw 1 and Vegas. Haven't played Graw 2.
And where did Cliffy say that PC's couldn't handle Gears of War?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. No subject Aug 17, 2007, 21:08 Shadowcat

Here's hoping that nothing ever happens with Heat. Sure there's no requirement to play it or anything, but why put a tarnish on such a great film by associating it with a comparatively mediocre game (and you know it would be).

3. Re: ... Aug 17, 2007, 18:15 4D-Boxing

I would not worry about performance. Up to now, Epic has been very good at optimizing code.

I know that some Unreal 3 engine games had real bad performance like R6 vegas & GRAW 1&2 but those where released by companies with so so record when it comes to game code optimization & support.

UT3 made with the same engine as those other games will have far better Quad core support for example. WIththe games I named in the previous paragraph you get little to no performance boost from Quad core CPUs.

One last thing, If you are worried because of that questionable Cliffy B comment about how PCs can't handle games like GEARS...that was just poor attmpt at hype & marketing on his behalf. Are rare occurance cause CliffyB Normally knows what he's talking about! He's probably the best level design guy in the business.

Nvidia's new cards will come out this fall if ATI releases something that can outshine the 8800 Ultra.

I have an E6700 & 880 SLI setup.. I expect crazy performance. Don't forget Crysis was benchmarked on a laptop & ran smooth according to the devs.

If you have the patience wait for new hardware... ATI's new card is probably going to be very good especially if you play with 4X AA or higher.

PS. Physx card will add another level of detail to the game if you have one.

2. UT3 Aug 17, 2007, 18:15 Carver

[yawn]...[/yawn]

1. ... Aug 17, 2007, 11:18 theyarecomingforyou

UT3 is looking good, though I'm interested to see how well it will perform - it looks pretty demanding. Hopefully the new nVidia DX10.1 cards will be out by then as I don't want to buy into the 8800 series if a significant replacement is just around the corner. With Crysis, UT3 and TF2 all coming out around November that strikes me as the perfect time to buy a new graphics card. ATi's new cards come out in mid-September, so it's possible that they'll become competitive again.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo