Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

And the NFL preseason is here already! I'm usually not yet ready for football games in mid-August, but this year it doesn't seem too early for some reason (except of course for the summer-long heat wave).

Are you ready for some Links?! Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez.
Stories: When It Rains, Sewage Often Pours Into Harbor (registration required).
The Well-Loved Cable Guy - He offered great service, but... TButtle!
Science!: Gouge Made by Debris Seen on Shuttle Wing (registration required).
Media: Videogames Live Intro.
One way to break up a cat fight.
A hilarious swimmer from Guinea in the 2000 Summer Olympics.
Image: Stephen Colbert portrait in 768 mini Rubik's Cubes.
Follow-up: London's Big Ben stops chiming.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. No subject Aug 12, 2007, 16:15 Shadowcat

I just want to publicly laugh an an advert that's appearing for me at the moment. A graphics card company touting their supposedly fantastic visual quality with an image that is both dithered to 8-bit colour and therefore looks bad to start with, but even worse is exhibiting really horrible jpeg artefacts (greatly exacerbated by the dithering). A worse-looking advert for high-quality visuals is difficult to imagine.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. No subject Aug 12, 2007, 13:37 xXBatmanXx

BioShock is 44.90 at gogamer.com

Jericho is the same price, same spot.

/Meanwhile - more of the same from the Vikings - offense can't score points, have to continue to rely on defense scoring!? ugh. Guess the up side to it is that only 10% of season ticket holders re-upped this year, might be able to get some decent tickets for some good games.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.
This comment was edited on Aug 12, 14:08.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

5. No subject Aug 12, 2007, 13:33 xXBatmanXx

ummm, if you don't want people to spam you:
1. Turn off all chat in game - duh - I don't use it, unless I am looking for help to get somewhere. They have greatly enhanced the different chat channels so you can avoid spam very easily. Educate yourself.

2. Go to a district with less people.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

4. Football is here... Aug 12, 2007, 03:41 Cutter

This is nothing but a good thing!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Colts may repeat. It may be San Diego's year too. Bears and Cowboys possibly. Not discounting the Steelers though. People say pre-season means shit, but I see a lot from it. The way they trounced the Colts showed a lot of hunger. I think they're pretty pissed off about last year.

Overall? I'd say San Diego is the team to take it all this year. I wish I could say the same for my Packers. It'll be fun to see what shenanigans Chad Johnson gets up to this year. Love that guy!

"Well that sounds like fun times, Peter. Tell me...where does James Woods fit into the "fun times"."
- James Woods, Family Guy

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Well... Aug 11, 2007, 19:05 Bucky

The mini-pet is a 'birthday' gift you get for each year your character has existed. They're random, with different rarities and different pets depending on which birthday you're at.

GW has always sucked when it comes to the ignore feature, hell, it took them two years just to get rid of most of the common channel trade spam. The lamers in 'older' areas is because they are just that; old areas that most people don't even go near anymore. As for pre-searing, the only quest you need a second person for is the res sig. Hit level 6 or so, skip the gate quest, and get the hell out. You can always buy the res sig at the Ascalon City trainer, IIRC.

---
Xfire: GreySpire
http://www.pclinuxos.com
http://www.sabayonlinux.org

2. Well... Aug 11, 2007, 18:44 The Half Elf

I reinstalled Guild Wars.... as soon as I signed in was told I had a cool mini pet. I was like wtf are they talking about and how do they know what I have? So I look in my inventory and had one. Long story short, asked them how they knew I had a pet, and why did they ask me about it and they ended up saying 'I don't know what your talking about, your weard'.
Signed onto my pre-searing character and couldn't believe all the idiots spamming offers to open the gate or do the group res signet quest for stupid amounts of money.
That was after I had to clear out my old ignore list (pain in the ass) to add new idiots.
Was also bad my post-searing Warrior/soemthing or other had armor I don't remember giving him.

Nin and other GW players who play other MMO's or WoW, is it me or is Guild Wars ass backwards on simple things like right clicking stuff, simple ignore features etc?

It's like an AOL Teen Chat room and Diablo has some sorta mutant baby and it became Guild Wars.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Cubes? Aug 11, 2007, 17:54 UnderLord

I see Yellow, Orange, Red, Blue, Green, Pink and Whites 'pixels'.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55244424@N00/800099075/in/set-72157600796558833/

Where do I find these 7-sided cubes?

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo