Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

ET: QUAKE Wars in October

id Software announces at QuakeCon 2007 that October 2 as the official release date for Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars, the upcoming multiplayer game in the works at Splash Damage under id's supervision:

Santa Monica, CA – Aug. 3, 2007 – Gamers in attendance at QuakeCon 2007 were rewarded with a special announcement when id Software and Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) unveiled that Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars™ Windows PC will be on EU store shelves on September 28, 2007 and North American store shelves beginning October 2, 2007. The game, which is in development by Splash Damage, pits the armies of Earth’s Global Defense Force (GDF) against the invading alien Strogg in the multiplayer strategic shooter that transports players to the front lines of an epic new war for Earth.

Offering the ultimate in objective-based multiplayer action either online or offline with bots, Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is set within the expansive QUAKE® universe in the year 2065. Gamers choose to play as the human GDF or alien Strogg in one of five unique character classes. Employing an arsenal of weapons, vehicles and deployable armaments, players engage in an action-packed test of skill and coordinated teamwork through a series of combat objectives. Persistent character growth and achievements reward players for teamwork, while clearly defined mission and class objectives guide new players to meaningful contributions on the battlefield.

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars is also in development for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft (Nerve Software) and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system (Activision Foster City).

Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars has been rated “T” for Teen by the ESRB.

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Try the demo first! Don't fall! Aug 12, 2007, 11:12 [VG]Reagle

Clans are not over becuase its just a name for teams. And I hardly think team play is over.

You sound like the cry baby newb that we wail on in every game we play. It is true that casual gamers might not like getting spwan killed 86 differant ways. But hey thats how we will be gaining XP.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 11:17.

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. No subject Aug 4, 2007, 08:03 space captain

like, totally

Go forth, and kill!

9. Re: Try the demo first! Don't fall! Aug 4, 2007, 06:27 Desertfox

...clans are so, so, soo nineties
I see clan-tags all the time during online gaming and usually they are all playing rambo-style, using glitches or whoring vehicles and they usually are ending-up on the lower ranks at the end of each round. I think clans are mostly 12 yr olds trying to look like their older brothers in their nineties Q3A clan. Clans are so over.

8. No subject Aug 4, 2007, 03:34 Nick W

Personally I've had a lot of fun in beta 1, despite not being in a clan. I've found that it is entirely possible to rambo, it is just harder when the other team is actually working together. Medics and technicians can really rambo it up if played right. They are my class of choice for taking/retaking capturable spawns, nothing beats their survivability.

I really think all the nay sayers are over emphasizing the "clan" quality of this game. The pub servers will still be loads of fun. Pub servers are nice because one or a few exceptional players can really influence the flow of the game (as opposed to a clan game where everyone is exceptional).

7. Re: Try the demo first! Don't fall! Aug 4, 2007, 03:23 Beaner

I look forward to it, but if its not fun for large pub battles solo or not its going to be just ok. I never liked the idea of building a game to force teamplay. If you want teamplay then join a clan, a competition ladder and follow the rules. For the rest of us its the fun factor on a pub that counts. Some of us have lives. We play games for fun.

The game should be good pub or competition. Thank God for Tribes.
This comment was edited on Aug 4, 03:27.

6. Re: Try the demo first! Don't fall! Aug 4, 2007, 03:17  cliffski 

well if its just for clans, it will fail dismally. only a trivial percentage of online players join clans.  
http://www.positech.co.uk

5. Try the demo first! Don't fall! Aug 4, 2007, 01:45 Not Found

As the previous comments mentioned, this game is a CLAN game! You won't be able to enjoy the game going on solo (AKA Rambo) as its an objective based game

What to do? Train! And train well till you find a clan

Failed to do so? Join BF2,2k+...etc Even though its also recommended that you find a clan when playing, still there is a spot for Rambo

Later

http://m2.doubleclick.net/1037299/PID_51447_ea_bo4_728x90__UGO_40k.gif

4. I second that Aug 4, 2007, 01:12 Conan

Yes i strongly suggest you do that......play the demo. Also parents should not allow your children play this game on your computer. Since id/SD/Active sold their soul to Massive Corp.

3. No subject Aug 3, 2007, 21:25 DangerDog

Be sure to play the demo on this one before you pick it up.

I can see it being way more popular with close-knit completive players working cohesively as a team, for a causal pub game it fails on many fronts, to me anyway.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 21:25.

2. Re: demo Aug 3, 2007, 20:47 Enahs

Before, I think.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

1. demo Aug 3, 2007, 20:45 Learning

Is the demo coming out before or after the game ?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern weather or not they are genuine"-Abraham Lincoln

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo