Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, it's July 23rd… 19 days after the fourth of July can we stop with the fireworks already? I don't know how much more I can take of watching Hudson the wonder dog tremble in terror from the explosions.

Exploding Links! Thanks Ant.
Stories: Tiny dog saves baby from rattlesnake. Thanks Mike Martinez.
A trip into the depths of Las Vegas.
Food recall expanded due to botulism outbreak. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Media: Fun Volkswagen Crash Tests, Featuring Airborne VW Beetles.
Pigeons following a old man. Oh it can core a apple.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. No subject Jul 23, 2007, 18:00 Ras

Okay, it's July 23rdů 19 days after the fourth of July can we stop with the fireworks already?

We haven't even had ours yet. Rain delay until September. This is speaking of an official fireworks show, of course, and not the jackholes firing them off in the neighborhood.

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 18:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2007, 17:15 Syntarsus

The guy interviewed in the article said his expandable baton was sufficient for self defense. That and I imagine the most "spelunking" one can do is traverse some of the somewhat high-angled inclines used to channel the water in a desired direction (if the drainage sewers located near where I grew up are any indication).

Nuts. And I was so hoping everyone would take me literally on my use of "spelunking" in that sentence.

8. Pigeons!? I think not - how about: Jul 23, 2007, 17:08 xXBatmanXx

Pigeons following a old man. Oh it can core a apple.

More like
MITCH
It's so damn quiet out there.

MELANIE
It was like that yesterday.

MITCH
What do you mean?

MELANIE
After the gulls attacked.

MITCH
I hadn't thought of that.
(pause)
And then the swifts came.

MELANIE
It makes you feel as if they're...
they're waiting or... resting...
or....

MITCH
(trying to make it
light again)
No, they're having a meeting, Melanie.
Your sparrow is standing on a soap
box and...waving his little wings
This comment was edited on Jul 23, 17:13.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

7. Honeymooners! Jul 23, 2007, 16:02 Lazlowe

"Oh it can core a apple."

Of course it can core a apple!

Man, thought I was the only person under 65 to reference that episode.

6. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2007, 13:41 Masa

It's just the giant roaches, delinquents, and smell of rotting homeless keep us uninterested in spelunking them.

The guy interviewed in the article said his expandable baton was sufficient for self defense. That and I imagine the most "spelunking" one can do is traverse some of the somewhat high-angled inclines used to channel the water in a desired direction (if the drainage sewers located near where I grew up are any indication).

5. No subject Jul 23, 2007, 13:02 Syntarsus

Well, that's one nice thing about living in the dry-as-a-bone west - everyone's so afraid of starting an inferno with an errant firecracker, that no one's really been doing it. Least not in my neighborhood, and we've always had problems with the firework addicts before. Plus, the drought-fueled brushfires provide more exciting entertainment anyway.

And about those Vegas drainage tunnels - we residents do know they exist. It's just the giant roaches, delinquents, and smell of rotting homeless keep us uninterested in spelunking them.

4. OK Jul 23, 2007, 12:16 Producer

Ok Blue I will stop. However it may not be me. I am all they way up on the Cape.

But this does tell me to chill with my neighbors dogs.

3. No subject Jul 23, 2007, 11:51 strich

can we stop with the fireworks already?

KICK SOME ASS BLUE!!!!!!

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

2. Re: No subject Jul 23, 2007, 11:05 nin

For $10.00 that would have been a great buy.

And dammit, that's a cool shirt, too!

So I guess they have X number of each size? Glad they offer 2X, as us tall folks need it...

Cool Vegas article, BTW, never heard of that...

-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.neonbible.com
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. No subject Jul 23, 2007, 10:45 xXBatmanXx

Woot launched a new site.
shirt.woot.com

For $10.00 that would have been a great buy.
Free shipping.
Everyday they have a new shirt.

Okay, it's July 23rdů 19 days after the fourth of July can we stop with the fireworks already? I don't know how much more I can take of watching Hudson the wonder dog tremble in terror from the explosions.

Before the 4th, I walked around and asked people to stop, then I told them to stop, then I called the cops. It is no different now.

This weekend was the Minneapolis Aquatennial or whatever the F it is. There were a ton of fireworks, and although they were a couple miles away, still freaked out my pups (city shot them off - can't figure out homelessness, but hey, lets fire off 50k worth of powder). Hopefully people are done now - cause I agree Blue - it is ridiculous.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.
This comment was edited on Jul 23, 11:03.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo