Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare's MMO License

Perpetual announces BioWare has licensed online technology from them for BioWare's upcoming MMORPG. It's not clear how this relates to their previous announcement that BioWare was using StreamBase tech for the game (story). Word is:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - July 19, 2007 - Perpetual Entertainment announced today that BioWare's Austin studio has licensed Perpetual's online technology platform for an upcoming Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) title. The agreement gives BioWare the platform to deploy and support its online titles utilizing Perpetual's industry-leading technology for online game operations, deployment, infrastructure development and community support.

"We evaluated numerous technology solutions to serve as the service backbone of our first MMO title and feel Perpetual's online platform is the best fit," said Gordon Walton, Co-Studio Director of BioWare Austin. "The Perpetual team has years of experience building infrastructure and tools for online games and we are thrilled to be working with them."

"BioWare is one of the leading developers of AAA games in the world and we know they will find the Perpetual platform provides both the functionality and ease-of-use they are looking for to support their upcoming title," said Joseph Keene, Co-Chairman and CEO, Perpetual Entertainment, Inc. "With the Perpetual platform, BioWare's Austin studio can focus on making great games while minimizing the time and effort required to deploy and support their titles."

The Perpetual online platform provides a technology backbone of modules necessary to deploy and operate any modern online game, as well as a collection of in-game features and services. Incorporating tools for player management, billing, customer relationship management, game feature extension, load-balancing, lobby servicing, patching and community management, the Perpetual online platform gives developers and publishers the tools to bring the next generation of online games to market faster, and with lower technological and logistical restrictions.

For more information please visit: http://www.perpetual.com/platform/

View
20. Re: Dumped Simutronics? Jul 19, 2007, 16:10 CreamyBlood

Just the mention of 'MMOG' or whatever you want to call it makes me think of work

I'm not into grind. It was fun as a teenager way back when. It's like the difference between Enemy Territory and BF2, one is fun, the other is a stats grind.

I'm looking forward to Age of Conan as I love the universe, but games these days seem more and more like a chore instead of the escapism that I expect from them.

Perhaps I'm just getting old, but except for the NWN engine and the user made mods for it I didn't like any of their official content. Translate online+NWN= into boredom.

(Shrug)

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jul 19, 12:11 Money Making Online for PC MMORPGHoD
  2. Jul 19, 12:30 No subject Igor
  3. Jul 19, 12:41  Re: No subject The Half Elf
  6. Jul 19, 13:32   Re: No subject nin
  8. Jul 19, 14:04    Re: No subject Krovven
  10. Jul 19, 14:14    Re: No subject The Half Elf
  12. Jul 19, 14:27     Re: No subject PHJF
  13. Jul 19, 14:28     Re: No subject CreamyBlood
  16. Jul 19, 14:50      Re: No subject Cutter