Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

And so E3 ends, and the aftermath begins. The question remains whether the aftermath will run into the beginning of next year's show.

Showy Links! Thanks Ant.
Stories: Man of the Flesh to Man of the Cloth (registration required). Thanks Mike Martinez.
Harry Potter and the Death of Reading (registration required). Thanks Mike Martinez.
Gerber Recalls Cereals (registration required).
Science!: Selling a Lofty Concept (Clean Energy) by Appealing to a Basic Desire: Free Beer (registration required). Thanks Mike Martinez.
What's Inside Red Bull?
Nanoparticles make cancer cells magnetic.
Image: Brownnosers by David Cernư. Asstastic!
Media:
(Low-resolution edition)
Miss Klingon Empire 2006.
Drunk Driver Hits Gas Pump.
50 ways to use your head in (American) football.
Follow-up: Bull gores Philly man at Pamplona (Warning Graphic Image). Thanks thesawzall.
Teh Funny: xkcd. NSFW (text).
UserFriendly. "Prequel!"

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2007, 09:20 xXBatmanXx

It is a complicated problem with many facets. It is just stupid and counter productive to blame one thing. Even more stupid in my opinion to blame the method of the problem instead of the actual problem its self.

QFT.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 22:46 Enahs

Few people = not much crime.

Yes. And the average education in Vermont is great. The average income is high (compared to Vermont's Cost of Living). The population density is low. The job market is great.

The point, as with my original post, there is more to violence and gun violence than gun laws, or lack there off. Vermont is an extreme to illustrate that point. Just as you could use California as an extreme in the other direction. It is one of the highest in gun crimes, yet everything as far as gun law Vermont says no too, California says yes to.

It is a complicated problem with many facets. It is just stupid and counter productive to blame one thing. Even more stupid in my opinion to blame the method of the problem instead of the actual problem its self.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js
This comment was edited on Jul 16, 22:46.

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

25. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 22:32 Creston

Vermont has the worst score with regards to the Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence sensible gun laws save lives.

With what ultimately comes down to virtually no gun control, they have some of the lowest crime statistics in the entire world.

Vermont population, 2006 estimate : 623,908.

That's less than live in the Tulsa metro. Somehow I can see why crime is so low there.

Few people = not much crime.

Creston

24. Bull gores Philly man Jul 16, 2007, 22:26 Creston

AHHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAAAAA.

Sue that bull, buddy! Sue it! How dare it!

HAHAHAHAHAHA you fucking moron.

Creston

23. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 19:12 Enahs

Masa, seriously, get over this gun control thing you keep bringing up.

Let me first say, I do not own a gun, nor do I want too.

Now, go look up the crime rate for Vermont. It has such little crime, it is in fact, amazing. In so much less crime then the various other countries that ban guns with low crimes rates you have previously used in your defense of banning guns. Vermont's crime rate compared to those countries, makes those countries look like horrible crime infested hell holes. Seriously.

Now let us look at Vermont's gun control laws.

• Is there a one-handgun-per-month limit on gun sales? No
  • Are there limitations on assault weapons and magazines? No
  • Must handguns be ballistic fingerprinted prior to sale? No
  • May police limit carrying concealed handguns? No
  • Are gun owners held accountable for leaving guns accessible to kids? No
  • Must locking devices be sold with guns? No
  • Are background checks required at gun shows? No
  • Is a license/permit required to buy handguns? No
  • May cities enact laws stronger than the state's? No
  • May police maintain gun sale records? No
  • Are all guns registered with law enforcement? No
  • Are there consumer safety standards on guns? No
  • Is safety training required for handgun buyers? No
  • Are there limitations on 'junk' handguns? No
  • Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales? No
  • s there a waiting period on gun sales? No

• Vermont has the worst score with regards to the Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence sensible gun laws save lives.

With what ultimately comes down to virtually no gun control, they have some of the lowest crime statistics in the entire world.

I could be a jackhole and say this proves the opposite of what you say. But it does not.

All it illustrates is that gun control is not the problem and controlling guns will not solve the problem. Will it help? Maybe. Are you still allowed to be against guns? Absolutely, free country.

But it is just getting very boring hearing you naively in every other post bitch about gun control; and usually attack people in the quick comment as well. That is just lazy. You are being no different then Jack Thompson. You are taking the lazy easy way out; blaming one aspect for everything. It solves nothing. It helps nobody. It in fact causes more damage then harm because you are supporting other people who only triumph gun control and anti-guns, instead of taking a look at the real issues and doing something to solve those issues.

Crime is a serious issue and deserves serious attention. Opinions are allowed. However maybe instead of just basing everything off of your opinion you should base your ideas off how the real freain' world works.

This message brought to you buy Your Local Ad Council and Enahs. Fighting stupidity* for 3 minutes!

*Except for when I do and say stupid things, even over and over. Then it is ok. Because I am the man.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):

- W. C. Fields

22. No subject Jul 16, 2007, 18:47 Masa

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/16/alabama.suicide.ap/index.html

LOL, I suppose if the kids had been armed, they'd still be alive. Jeez, someone has got to do something about this crazy-ass Second Amendment.

21. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 16:19 Enahs

In super slow motion.

- W. C. Fields

20. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 16:07 The Half Elf

Flesh wound indeed, it's kinda like watching a guy take a shot to the nuts, OW OW OW OW.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

19. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 15:20 nin

"Bull gores Philly man at Pamplona (Warning Graphic Image)"

I was struck by how graphic, but not gory that image was. Kind of ironic, since he's being gored by the bull.

I agree, I actually expected it to be worse.

Insert Holy Grail "It's just a flesh wound" joke, I suppose...

-----------------------------------------------------
    http://www.neonbible.com
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. No subject Jul 16, 2007, 15:09 theSAWzall

"Bull gores Philly man at Pamplona (Warning Graphic Image)"

I was struck by how graphic, but not gory that image was. Kind of ironic, since he's being gored by the bull.

17. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 15:05 Masa

Some countries need to evolve.

I hope you lump Mexico in with that, because I think some would consider bullfighting worse.

16. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 14:41 kanniballl

Or like the Seinfeld episode...

"One in a million shot, Doc"

Where Kramer gets the Proctologist's license plate by mistake.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurmama
    This comment was edited on Jul 16, 14:41.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
    -Fry, Futurama

15. No subject Jul 16, 2007, 14:06 xXBatmanXx

I need to try them.

We need a seperate site for all of our recipes we share here......

/edit: Anyone see that Echochrome trailer from E3? Holy crap.

Rev. Norb: I'd just like to say that four for a dollar Tijuana tacos seemed like a good idea at the time. Please pass the toilet paper.
    This comment was edited on Jul 16, 14:32.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

14. No subject Jul 16, 2007, 13:57 strich

I took the baby back rib recipe that was posted here last week and tested it out last night. These were the best ribs i've ever made. with the least amount of work. the oven cooked, not the smoked. i've tried smoking about a half dozen times and never been to successful. i marinated with Stubbs pork marinade that's chock full of red pepper. that mixed with the sauce made for an awesome flavor. the bones were just pulling away from the meat.

thanks guys!

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

13. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 13:54 xXBatmanXx

And pretty soon Richard Dawson is hosting the Running Man competition!

Like when he jabs the pen into his back after signing the contract and says, "Send me a copy".

Great movie.

12. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 12:43 Tango

"This week, the city of Pamplona, Spain is hosting the annual running of the bulls. Or as the bulls call it, the annual trampling of the jerks." - Conan O'Brien

11. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 12:43 Warhawk

Shouldn't the headline read "Bull gores idiot at Pamplona"?

Yes. Yes it should.

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Monday, July 16, 2007

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

10. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 12:42 Warhawk

Why can't they leave the animals alone and, instead, release the biggest, meanest serial killers in their prisons with machetes in each hand onto the streets. The running of the psychos. A few idiots get injured or killed as usual, and no animals get hurt in the process. Some countries need to evolve.

And pretty soon Richard Dawson is hosting the Running Man competition!

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Monday, July 16, 2007

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

9. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 12:18 Old_Geezer

Why can't they leave the animals alone and, instead, release the biggest, meanest serial killers in their prisons with machetes in each hand onto the streets. The running of the psychos. A few idiots get injured or killed as usual, and no animals get hurt in the process. Some countries need to evolve.

8. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2007, 11:39 banddirector

Shouldn't the headline read "Bull gores idiot at Pamplona"?

-----------------------------------
    Where ever you go, there you are ...
    This comment was edited on Jul 16, 11:40.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo