Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sword of the New World is Drawn

K2 Network announces that Sword of the New World: Granado Espada, their "epic Age of Exploration MMORPG" is now live. The game is available at UK retailers, and will be available for download this week. Here's word, which includes details on the game's multi-tiered pricing structure (including a free option), and enough mentions of their URL it could be applied directly to the forehead:

IRVINE, Calif. – (July 10, 2007) – K2 Network, Inc. (www.k2network.net), an online game publisher today announced that its epic Age of Exploration MMORPG Sword of the New World: Granado Espada will be available in download in North America and Europe this week. The game is available at www.swordofthenewworld.com.

“With its unique and compelling gameplay that caters to both the seasoned and novice MMORPG player, Sword of the New World fits into K2 Network’s unique vision of Gamers First”, said Grantley Day, Vice President of Product Development at K2 Network. “Sword of the New World is destined to become top of many players wish list in 2007.”

Sword of the New World: Granado Espada is an Age of Exploration fantasy MMORPG that is the first of its kind to include Multi Character Control. With a full spectrum of features including character customization, large-scale maps and breathtaking graphics, Sword of the New World has the ability to capture anyone’s heart. Taking place in the Age of Exploration when European colonists’ forayed into the new world, this detailed game is full of mystery and danger while players go on a hunt for treasure, adventure, and most importantly, fame.

Sword of the New World: Granado Espada is free to download at www.swordofthenewworld.com. Players have the following packages to choose from:

Pay2Play CD Networks Premium Package-$19.99
The official download partner for Sword of the New World: Granado Espada, CD Networks, offers a premium package with a one-time fee of $19.99 and includes a fast download of the client, an exclusive UPC character, 10,000 VIS (in-game currency) and the first month subscription fee included ($8.95 a month thereafter). This package also includes full game access, trading and auction support with no level cap. Players who already have the client downloaded and installed can also purchase this package without having to re-install the client. To sign up for this package visit www.swordofthenewworld.com.

Pay2Play Monthly Subscription Package-$8.95
Players who want the basic monthly subscription package can purchase it for an $8.95 monthly fee.
This package includes full game access, trading and auction support with no level cap and the ability to purchase in-game items. To sign up for this package visit www.swordofthenewworld.com.

Free2Play™
Players can download and play Sword of the New World: Granado Espada for free and play up to level 20. Players can continue playing for free indefinitely; however, will not gain experience points past level 20. To download the game visit www.swordofthenewworld.com.

For more information about Sword of the New World: Granado Espada please visit http://www.swordofthenewworld.com

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. ... Jul 11, 2007, 18:15 theyarecomingforyou

A shitty MMOG fails and everyone hails it for its "innovation" despite the fact that it was simply WoW on Wheels.
I never said the game was good - it's just it was something different to what was already available. I can't see how it can be compared to WoW, as it doesn't really bare much similarity other than the business model. I didn't see any reason why I'd want to pay money monthly to drive around in cars in a futuristic environment (particularly not when it looked crap) but at least it wasn't another Everquest / Asheron's Call / World Of Warcraft.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: ... Jul 11, 2007, 14:16 dubfanatic

You need big, bold new ideas to get people to put up the cash and even then games like Auto Assault tank badly.

damn it, this is why no good MMOGs will be made. A shitty MMOG fails and everyone hails it for its "innovation" despite the fact that it was simply WoW on Wheels.

10. ... Jul 10, 2007, 19:21 theyarecomingforyou

The graphics are decent
They are incredibly hit & miss. Some screenshots look quite good, yet others seem on par with the original Alone in the Dark. Honestly, I wonder why games like this are even made. For a pay-monthly-cos-we-hope-it-will-get-big-and-then-we'll-make-a-mint game I expect a lot more. You need big, bold new ideas to get people to put up the cash and even then games like Auto Assault tank badly. People are just resistant to paying monthly for a game, largely because most MMO games are just regular games with a monthly price-tag - you don't see the kind of regular support you need and that you get from free games like Guild Wars.

Oh shit, I mentioned Guild Wars in a thread about MMO games. I better hide.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 18:44 Grounded

"If you took any time to look at the game info and screen shots you would see that it is a pretty original and decent looking game with some original art style and play mechanics. "

Umm, the game sucks. Not sure what you were looking at but its another YAKPAC

As someone once said here: Yet Another Korean Point and Click

Only this time the controls are god fucking awful and the quests are retarded. Typical of these games, it looks great though

8. No subject Jul 10, 2007, 17:35 Wilson

Korean devs are terrified of striking new ground with their "look and feel" sorts of things--it's why most games from there look more or less the same. Lately, they've even been allergic to _gameplay mechanics_ that don't rehash popular genres: Warrock, that Army game clone, all the MMOs.

7. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 17:12 dubfanatic

Haha, I just noticed it's supposed to be set in the Age of Exploration. Yeah, the first thing that comes into my mind when I think of the Age of Exploration is anime-esque characters wielding giant swords, wands, and guns. I've always thought an MMOG with a large exploration/settling component would be interesting. Too bad Korean devs seem to be content with making the same game over and over.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 17:12.

6. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 16:51 PropheT

The graphics are decent, the character customization is extremely lacking, the interface and movement is all a clunky and odd 3rd person affair akin to Lineage... and as of when I played it, it had the absolute worst localization of any game I've ever played. Most of the quests were almost completely unintelligible, along with 3/4 of the rest of the text in the game. It's like they used Babelfish to translate it for the NA release.

No thanks.

5. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 16:36 dubfanatic

If you're so familiar with the game, please enlighten me about how original this game is. I just looked at the home page... I see polygonal models of white people with spiky hair, huge eyes (keke roundeye ^____^) and even bigger swords. Obviously they were more than a little influenced by Final Fantasy. As far as the mechanics go, the only feature I saw that isn't common in MMOGs is the ability to control three characters at once. Other than that it was all meaningless general statements that could apply to pretty much any MMORPG. Also, this game was made by the guy responsible for Ragnarok Online, one of the most notoriously grinding-intensive MMORPGs ever. None of this instills much hope in me.

I know you're not going to bother trying though. All you do is whine about what other people say.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 16:50.

4. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 16:06 nin

But no,,, instead we are treated with the usual uneducated mindless assinine drivel that makes up 90% of the Hellbinder's infantile posts here.

Fixed.

-----------------------------------------------------
http://www.neonbible.com
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 16:03 Hellbinder

what an idiotic post.

If you took any time to look at the game info and screen shots you would see that it is a pretty original and decent looking game with some original art style and play mechanics.

But no,,, instead we are treated with the usual uneducated mindless assinine drivel that makes up 90% of the infantile posts here.

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 16:04.

The Whales name is Bob.

2. Re: No subject Jul 10, 2007, 15:17 dubfanatic

alright, I can't get enough of K2 Networks shovelware!

1. No subject Jul 10, 2007, 11:13 the_culture

New screenshots for the release: http://www.gameplaymonthly.com/screens/sotnw.php

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo