Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fury Beta Signups

Fury Beta Signups are now underway, as closed testing for Auran's upcoming action/RPG will commence on July 6:

BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA – JUNE 29, 2007 – What is War without Fury? The Age of Fury is drawing ever closer and players wishing to unleash their competitive spirit can sign-up now at the Auran Closed Beta registration page [http://www.unleashthefury.com/beta/signup.php]. The first phase of Closed Beta testing is scheduled to commence at 3pm PST Friday July 6th. Invitations for players who have already registered will start being sent out in the coming days, so keep checking your inbox to see if you have made the cut. We’re expecting thousands of new players so make sure you keep your calendar clear for next weekend.

Gone are the days of level grinding and countless hours spent wandering the barren terrain of your typical “MMO.” Fury is a fast-paced, online, player versus player game that blends the speed and excitement of a First Person Shooter with familiar MMORPG combat and character advancement. From the minute you log in, Fury keeps the action flowing at breakneck speeds, never letting up and pushing you to your limits. This Closed Beta version includes 3 game types, a new Tutorial, new vendor areas, new gameplay balance and a host of bug fixes and tweaks.

This is your chance to get an edge on the competition. The Dev Team is already hard at work adding the finishing touches to the Open Beta version, where players can look forward to significant performance and graphics improvements, loads of new content and major updates to the game economy. So what are you waiting for? Fury is a game of skill, not brute force, twitch or time played – the only way you’ll succeed is by mastering the game itself. Here’s your chance to become a master before anyone else. Are you up to the challenge?

View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. No subject Jun 30, 2007, 18:01 Slink

What is War without Fury?
Worst. Tagline. EVER.

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: So, basically Jun 30, 2007, 15:35 PHJF

The Wii is not a revolution. The Wii is an endless stream of terrible minigame collections, most of which repeat. If you have Wii Sports and Wario Ware you already have all the content in nearly every Wii game.

I could have told you that when that dude at some convention said "it's a console for nongamers" (paraphrase).

With the wild popularity among the quote unquote nongamers on the DS it's no wonder they are doing what they are with Wii. Whatever, I don't really care; I've gotta enough Nintendo love over years on their consoles. As long as this mainstream thing isn't extended to further generations of gaming platforms I won't mind.

And as long as Metroid Prime Corruption kicks total fookin ass.

------
"That don't look like no golden marmoset I ever seen!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: So, basically Jun 30, 2007, 11:43 Beamer

Jerykk beat me to it.

How can you hail the Wii? Listen, I was one of the absolute biggest Wii supporters here pre-launch. But when the "secret of the Wii" was disclosed I became a bit concerned. Motion-based gaming didn't sound like fun in most situations.

Now that I have a Wii? It's true. Motion-based gaming is a bit of a fad and isn't ideal for traditional games. Which is why there are next to no traditional games on the Wii.

The Wii is not a revolution. The Wii is an endless stream of terrible minigame collections, most of which repeat. If you have Wii Sports and Wario Ware you already have all the content in nearly every Wii game. And I do have those two games. I haven't touched the Wii in months. Months! Since St. Patrick's Day, to tell you the truth. There's been no reason. Overpriced VC games that I already own and would rather play on a save-anytime emulator don't draw me in. Minigames don't draw me in. Smash Brothers will, but that's being designed around the Gamecube controller!

How can you compare an endless stream of minigame collections to Gears of War, Dead Rising, The Darkness, Overlord, etc? How are those more about graphics than gameplay?

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

8. Re: So, basically Jun 30, 2007, 03:52 Awesome Spume

(except for Venomhed and Spume, gaming is always free for them)

I spend about fifty quid a month on games. It's movies and music I rip off because the companies controlling the industries broke the agreement they had with their fans. Even then I probably buy about half a dozen DVDs a year and slightly less in CDs. The only games I don't pay for are ones I can't buy anymore. Jeeze. I may be a drunken lout but I'm a drunken lout that supports the games industry 100%.

EDIT: anyway, back on topic. The market will win in the end. For every company that thinks it can earn a monthly fee (Hellgate.) there will be five others willing to give it away.
This comment was edited on Jun 30, 03:55.

7. Re: So, basically Jun 30, 2007, 03:34 Jerykk

All hail the Wii (or the Revolution in consideration of nin).

Yes, let's all hail the endless stream of shallow party games. The Wii is a gimmick, nothing more. Creativity doesn't equal quality. You must have both and the Wii is seriously lacking in quality.

6. Re: So, basically Jun 30, 2007, 03:06 Armengar

you just triggered some memories that I had lost in the depths of my mind.

I remember playing anonymud at uni (on our vaulted 33k connection!)

using yahoo by text entry. Then playing police quest (in colour!)

those were the days.

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

5. Re: So, basically Jun 30, 2007, 00:40 Bucky

There will always be quality games, just decidely less of them given they don't appeal to ADD, RealityTV, dreck loving masses.

Maybe not less, but definately a lesser percentage. I have more games to choose from now and can support those developers that deserve the money. There will always be the CS/Sims crowd that large publishers like EA cater to (with the shitty support to match) and then there will be companies that the old school gamers support. Stardock, Introversion, etc....those are people that will get my money.

---
Xfire: GreySpire
http://www.pclinuxos.com

4. Re: So, basically Jun 29, 2007, 23:24 Cutter

You need to remember that all us old school gamers are, by and large, much more intelligent and educated than most of society. Gaming has only recently become something the mainstream now finds "cool" and everyone does.Remember the looks people gave you 10 or 20 years ago when you said you played D&D (or any PnP)? The first CGA/VGA/XGA shareware and door games that only thousands were playing and getting them off BBS' befoer the advent of the internet? Then trying to explain what a MUD/MUSH/MOO was when we got online? All the people that were here, and Shack and Voodoo Extreme and the Avault, et al. from day one?

Well, that was a very tiny percentage of the population. And all those early adopters shared very similar characteristics and traits. As time went by and it got more popular and profit driven - by appealing to the mass-market - the games started becoming dreck. Now the publishers know that there's always a large segment of society that thrives on dreck and can easily be nickled and dimed for what we would have screamed bloody murder about.

There will always be quality games, just decidely less of them given they don't appeal to ADD, RealityTV, dreck loving masses.

"Well that sounds like fun times, Peter. Tell me...where does James Woods fit into the "fun times"."
- James Woods, Family Guy

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: So, basically Jun 29, 2007, 22:56 verybad

Graphics are easier to put into a Powerpoint presentation.

2. Re: So, basically Jun 29, 2007, 22:10 Masa

Remember when the basic pleasure of gaming was largely free? Oh yes, you bought the software (except for Venomhed and Spume, gaming is always free for them) but you know, you didn't have to pay a monthly fee for DM? There was the occasional MMO, but hell, they were actually games and gave good return.

It's like this stuff comes in cycles. First crash of games in the 80s then a recover ensues, which everything is cool and creativity flourishes for a large time afterward. Now in the pursuit of absolute profit at the cost of sacrificing creativity, we have lesser games, micro-charges for minuscule "features", and dead-head MMOs. I'm not saying another crash will occur, but I'm not really liking where gaming is going. Especially with this vaunted "HD-generation" of gaming the PS3/360 is purporting. Too much emphasis on graphics and not enough on gameplay.

All hail the Wii (or the Revolution in consideration of nin).

1. So, basically Jun 29, 2007, 21:25 Creston

This is Unreal Tournament with a monthly fee?

Creston

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo