Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

More on Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back

Kenn Hoekstra, formerly of Raven Software, made a post to our forums on the Soldier of Fortune: Pay Back rumor mentioned earlier (story), as he is a leading authority on the SoF franchise (and, of course, KISS). While Kenn's post confirms the project is in the works, he also confirms Raven is not the developer, and that this will be a value-price project: "Raven isn't developing this game. And it's Activision Value that's publishing it." FiringSquad has a story speculating this will be a budget title (which we have seemingly confirmed), and they also say an anonymous source has named Cauldron as the project's developer.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 09:20 vermin

> Carnivores was clearly the best budget game evar!
> Or, more specifically, Carnivores 2. But not Carnivores 3 or 4.

all hail Action Forms. can't wait for Cryostasis!

update: wow, found some cryostasis vids on youtube, haha.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. No subject Jun 28, 2007, 08:44 Veinman

We could probably wait until the first screenshot to label the game as shit. I still have hope.

26. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 07:40 PHJF

Carnivores was clearly the best budget game evar!

Or, more specifically, Carnivores 2. But not Carnivores 3 or 4.

------
"That don't look like no golden marmoset I ever seen!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

25. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 07:39 Ecthelion

So Xbox360 gamers are willing to pay $60 for a budget title? That's rather disturbing.

I'm not that surprised by the news that its budget (apart from the high price that would suggest otherwise). Soldier of Fortune is a reminder of the past, when developers and publishers weren't afraid to go against the moral majority. Now, Jack Thompson would be on such a game faster than Rosie O'Donnell on a ham.

24. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 07:13 Daggz

Chaser is without any doubt the best DX8 shooter ever made. I enjoyed every bit out of it. This game was the peak of the DX8 era.

I think I love you.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 07:14.

23. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 05:43 AcidDrone

while I did think Chaser was good for a budget title, im not sure what you guys see in it that I didn't.

Personally be happy to have another SoF and I do agree II had good mp, reminded me of urban terror but was almost better.

22. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 05:33 vacs

To hear that SOF III could be in the hands of developer Cauldron has just made my day, no matter what anyone says Chaser was a true gem of a game and still remains one of my most memorable fps experiences.

Completely agreed, Chaser is without any doubt the best DX8 shooter ever made. I enjoyed every bit out of it. This game was the peak of the DX8 era.

21. Re: stange Jun 28, 2007, 04:20 Daggz

To hear that SOF III could be in the hands of developer Cauldron has just made my day, no matter what anyone says Chaser was a true gem of a game and still remains one of my most memorable fps experiences.

Can't wait for confirmation they are now actually the developer.

20. stange Jun 28, 2007, 03:18 Fausticle

I played SoF2 MP to death I loved it but I never really cared if they made a sequel.Guess I still don't.

19. Re: w00t Jun 28, 2007, 02:20 Kosumo

So is this "Soldier of Budget: Discount Operations"

18. Re: w00t Jun 28, 2007, 01:49 Creston

"So yes, budget doesn't necessary means crap. But in the PC world generally speaking budget titles are junk."

I've played a fair few budget titles on the PC that were awesome games. However, those games were ALWAYS budget games to begin with.

You can't take a full AAA game and then later down the road go budget with the series. That's like a guy who drives a Porsche his whole life, then suddenly gets saddled with a Chevy Cavalier. Odds are, it's not going to seem quite as satisfying.

Creston

17. WTF? Jun 28, 2007, 01:47 Creston

Value-priced? Budget title? What the fuck is this? Soldier of Fortune was a fucking kick ass shooter, and now they're going to turn it into fucking Mortyr?

Well done Activision. Your brain waves are now so low you no longer actually qualify as sentient life.

Creston

16. Re: w00t Jun 28, 2007, 01:09 Jerykk

Not sure why they're going the "budget" route with this; weren't the first two games quite popular?

Yeah, I have no idea why they are going budget either. Then again, publishers tend to be fairly retarded.

15. Really awesome.... Jun 27, 2007, 23:31 HellSlayer

for those who have skill! I loved Sof2 o.O Woot! Bring it.....headshot!:) Boom! Bam!

Jesus is Lord! If Jesus has no power,why get upset?

o0

14. Awesome! ... NOT! Jun 27, 2007, 22:33 DangerDog

Activision is trying to out outdo EA, adding in-game ads to the likes of Quake Wars and now prostituting their AAA franchises to lame ass budget titles.

13. No subject Jun 27, 2007, 22:24 space captain

That definitely made my week, if not the entire month.

nice and pathetic, thx for the laugh kiddo

Go forth, and kill!

12. Re: Muahahahahahahahaha Jun 27, 2007, 22:21 CJ_Parker

Aaaaaaaahhhhh, stop it guys I can't take it no more . Watching all those stupid similing faces go from happy to ummm is just priceless. Almost better than when I was frying ants with my magnifying glass as a kid. I just love it sometimes when cruel things happen.

This SoF crap first being announced as a true sequel and then the "value" revelation is kinda like watching a dude in a gloryhole movie being told that when he's putting his dick thru the hole he's getting a BJ from Scarlett Johannson while in reality it's big, bad Bubbah on the other side .

Bwwwahahahahahahahahahahaha..............

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

11. Re: Muahahahahahahahaha Jun 27, 2007, 21:58 zirik

now all those nerdy dreams gone *plop* ... *poof* just like a bubble. That definitely made my week, if not the entire month. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. PWNED. Suckers.

pwned? you are such a nerd.

This comment was edited on Jun 27, 21:59.

10. Re: Hm. Jun 27, 2007, 21:52 Elf Shot The Food

"That definitely made my week, if not the entire month."

You must have a pretty pitiful existence if videogame announcements - and reactions to them - "make" your week, or even sadder, month.

9. Hm. Jun 27, 2007, 21:46 Wilson

Is it possible this is a result of not being able to get Mullins on board for a sequel, if they weren't able to do so?

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo