Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CABAL Online Open Beta

As announced here, the CABAL Online Website announces the launch of open beta testing for this MMORPG (thanks Ant).. This is one of those projects that's tough to figure out, the closed beta was announced a year ago (story), the game was seemingly launched subsequent to that (leading to a 'return to the game' promotion (story)), followed by word that subscription fees have been dropped (story). Update: This is designated for European players only, so accessing the game from other territories may be difficult or impossible.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: LOL Jun 23, 2007, 00:43 kookaveetsa

Ciredric mainly posts about online games. Mainly negatively. He likes LOTRO and Eve though. I trawled through his posts and for the most part I like what he says but there's a nagging impression he's a company shill for CCP.

I agree but I call these kind of people, Astroturfers.

"An it harm none, do what thou wilt"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: LOL Jun 22, 2007, 22:18 The Half Elf

Well I'm really enjoy Tabula Rasa beta at the moment.
They are kinda doing what Blizzard did and it's approach to MMO's. See what works and what didn't and put their own spin on it. This is my opinion so please keep your personal flame opinions to yourself.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: LOL Jun 22, 2007, 17:27 Awesome Spume

Ciredric mainly posts about online games. Mainly negatively. He likes LOTRO and Eve though. I trawled through his posts and for the most part I like what he says but there's a nagging impression he's a company shill for CCP.

5. Re: LOL Jun 22, 2007, 15:02 Skoll

In this industry you get what you pay for.

Heh, tell that to the people who bought SWG and Vanguard...

http://www.bandega.com - Never miss a show again

4. Decent Jun 22, 2007, 14:27 Cheese

Voyage Century Online is pretty good if you ask me.

3. Re: LOL Jun 22, 2007, 10:48 Ciredric

Cabal restricts US proxies, so you have to jump through some hoops to play it.

I have yet to find a decent free to play, I don't see this one being any different.

In this industry you get what you pay for. Most of these free to play are constructed so that once you get to a certain level you have to spend money in their shops to progress and they can easily add up to more than a subscription to game you have to pay for. Hence a serious hidden cost to them.

My recommendation is to avoid them all.

2. Re: LOL Jun 22, 2007, 10:42 Elijah

This game looks pretty sweet actually. The most seductive part is the soundtrack.

Nothing better than some old-school arcade style hack n slash with an even older school style soundtrack.

mmmm

1. LOL Jun 22, 2007, 10:25 Techie714

I thought it was an online hunting game. You know where your in this giant MMO hunting bears & wild game....LOL..

Hey thats a good idea!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo