Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lord of the Rings Online Content Released, Q&A

Turbine announces that Book 9: Shores of Evendim, the first free update for The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar is now live, offering a new landscape region, over 100 additional quests, the battle for Helegrod raid, nine new monsters, and other enhancements. There is a Q&A on MGOD discussing the new content with Jeffrey Steefel and Adam Mersky: "Well again, one of the other things that is a big goal for us is just adding content. Making sure it is good is cool too, but it needs to feel new and fresh. So everywhere that becomes a new region in the world, it feels unlike other places you've been. So when people walk into Evendim, they are going to walk into an environment where there is a giant lake surrounded by completely different types of trees, and landscapes that you might find around a lake. They are going to see ancient Arnorian architecture, all sort of aggregated together, in a way they've never seen it before. Just the whole backwoods and bramble and the way the ground looks, and the creatures they are going to encounter; there are nine new monsters in the game, and a number of them are in Evendim, and a couple of them have very specific AI created for them for Evendim, where monsters are behaving in ways players have never seen before."

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. No subject Jun 14, 2007, 10:23 xXBatmanXx

One answer to settle it all....

Gun Control isn't about guns. It's about control.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Is anyone playing this? Jun 14, 2007, 04:07 schma

I had to take a break from EQ2 b/c of little baby (had to go /afk a lot). Stuck to single player classics and console games for a while, but heard LotRO to be a more "father-friendly" mmog and gave it a try.

This game is much more relaxed. The community seems good, and the (european) CS is - surprisingly - great so far.

The main charm tho, is how they managed to carve the gameworld around the books so well. They've also used clever ways to let you be the hero in the main storyline (it's parallel to the books).

Also (coming from EQ2): no camping for named quest-npcs!

This comment was edited on Jun 14, 04:08.

5. Re: Update has Jun 14, 2007, 02:50 Zetler

LOTRO is a good, solid MMORPOG but without a true end game there is no point in playing for more than two months. The quest centric nature of the xp grind is also extremely annoying and makes forming groups needlessly difficulty. This update though nice, is just isn't enough to bring me back.

4. Update has "issues" Jun 13, 2007, 23:31 ColBlister

I haven't seen the new area, but this update also came with a little more eye-candy in the form of spiffed up effects and a little more glitz on the GUI.

The update also brought a problem, at least on my system, in that the names over people are only visible when they are just to the right of center. It's as if there's some sort of clipping box that blocks the lettering outside of this range.

It's a fun game, though. I'm still trying to figure out what keeps me playing. I think WoW is better in many ways, but LotRO has some mysterious attraction for me.

3. Re: Is anyone playing this? Jun 13, 2007, 21:34 Cutter

Yeah, the beta didn't do much for me. Wasn't bad, just sort of 'meh'. I wish Age of Conan would hurry up and get here.

"Spank you, Helpy Helperton."
- Ace Ventura

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

2. Re: Is anyone playing this? Jun 13, 2007, 21:16 PJ

I am playing nothing but this... since release day. It isn't WoW and that is what I like most. Though the comparisons will always be there.

The game is geared toward group play. Though there are a ton of solo quests the best quests and the epic story-line quest are fellowship (group) oriented.

It's a solid title that is not perfect but then no game is. This free add-on is the first in a long line of updates. And it adds a huge area. Nothing for me to complain about at the moment... that is the bottom line.

Wish I could go into detail but I haven't bothered to dissect the game in an attempt to figure out why I like it so much. I'm just having fun playing it. I have 13 characters across 3 servers (to include the test server) but I focus on 2 primaries. Dwarf Guardian level 26 & Hobbit Minstrel level 25.

I'm sure I will tire of it at some point like all games before it. But the only game I would be remotely interested in trying out at the moment is Conan. That may tear me away from LotR eventually but not until I beta test it first.

1. Is anyone playing this? Jun 13, 2007, 20:21 Creston

If so, how is it? I'm tempted to try this out, would like some info about it.

Thanks in advance

Creston

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo