Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Metaverse

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Blockbuster Jun 13, 2007, 10:52 jimnms

Perhaps they should lower their god damn instore prices. I don't want to pay $5 for one night with a movie.

You'd think they would lower in store prices to compete with online rental services (even their own), but I guess that makes too much sense. I don't even know what their prices are since I started renting online, but renting is still cheaper than going to a theater.

I have not set foot in a movie theater in 5 years or so. The price to watch a movie in a theater is way out of hand. For the price of a small popcorn at a theater, I can buy a box of microwave popcorn, and for the price of a small soda at a theater I can get a six-pack of beer. And to top it off, I get to watch it in my home, sitting in a comfortable chair, and not have to put up with crying babies and other people. Not to mention when they release movies on DVD, it's usually either unrated, a directors cut, and/or includes scenes not shown in theaters. Why the fuck does anybody even go to movie theaters anymore?

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Safari Jun 13, 2007, 05:32 Shadowcat

Who in Their Right Mind Would Run Safari on Windows?
Um, how about every web developer without a Mac?! Sheesh. (And frankly, I presume that was indeed Apple's driving motivation for porting it.)

1. Blockbuster Jun 12, 2007, 23:39 Frijoles

Perhaps they should lower their god damn instore prices. I don't want to pay $5 for one night with a movie. They make it out like it's a great deal. "But but but.. you get to keep it for a whole week!" Do they think I'm going to watch it again and again in that week?? I rented the fucking movie so I could watch it that night, not in a week.

/me hugs Netflix. I'll never use Blockbuster's online thing, either, since they raped me for so many years in-store. Fuck you Blockbuster. I hope you go out of business.

<-- is bitter.

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo