Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Eidos announces that Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is now in North American stores:

Redwood City, CA (June 6, 2007) – Corks are flying across the continent as Eidos and Crystal Dynamics toast the release of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary, which ships to North American retailers today.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a celebration of Lara’s original adventure in an entirely new Crystal Dynamics game. In 1996 the original Tomb Raider video game launched and introduced the world to Lara Croft, one of the entertainment industry’s most successful and prolific cross-over properties.

“The anniversary edition is a fan-inspired celebration bridging Lara Croft’s groundbreaking past with a revived passion for new adventures and technical advancements,” said Bill Gardner, president and CEO of Eidos Inc. “Lara Croft is at the doorway of a new decade, and we’ve made sure she’s ready to face exciting new challenges in the world of entertainment.”

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary takes advantage of more than 10 years of technical advances to faithfully recreate the sense of isolation, suspense and surprise of the original title, but with greatly expanded environments, enhanced puzzles, updated weapons and the smooth, athletic character movements introduced in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend in 2006.

Said Matt Gorman, director of marketing at Eidos Inc., “Tomb Raider: Anniversary is an exciting adventure for fans of the franchise and a great introduction to Lara Croft for a whole new generation of consumers.”

The first Tomb Raider game sold more than seven million copies worldwide. Lara Croft went on to become a global entertainment icon, gracing more than 200 magazine covers, touring with U2 and topping $1 billion in brand equity. In total, the franchise has sold more than 30 million games, inspired two feature films and produced comic books, animated series and countless other licensed products.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary was developed by Crystal Dynamics, with versions available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Windows PC under Windows Vista™. Versions for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and the Wii™ console are forthcoming.

View
32. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 02:00 MyRealName

Ah, there's the problem. If you haven't played every TR game, you can't make a broad statement like you did.
I thought my other post would have indicated the problem with reading whatever you wish into someone else's words, and then confronting based on those assumptions. Apparently it did not. Let's revisit the quote again, then:
I haven't bought any Tomb Raider titles since TR2.
Did I say, anywhere in that statement, that I didn't play them? Or did you just assume it?

Now, to answer your next question before you even realize you're going to ask it: Did I say, anywhere in that statement, that I stole them? Or are you just assuming that too?

I'd like to move onto this other person, because while you're just assuming the wrong things (a simple enough mistake), this next one's actually being hostile about it, like maybe he wants to have a digital fist-fight (oh noes!)

what you wrote implied that TR:L wasn't good.
Have you studied language much? I believe you're having trouble with interpretation. Where is Legend mentioned in my statement? You see, right there your claim pretty much goes out the window, but I'll play along because you're obviously interested in me.

That implies that every game inbetween wasn't worthwhile and was still in the "hell" that you described.
No, see, you're apparently a little dumb. "Went to hell after TR2" is not at all equivalent to "went to hell after TR2 and has been there ever since including everything up to Anniversary." To illustrate, here's a simple example you might be able to follow: "I went to the store last weekend." Am I still there? Nope! To assume things this way is really going out on your own, and drawing conclusions based on no evidence. That is fine in gradeschool, so you're forgiven, but it doesn't really work in the adult world (try it in court some day!). It only causes problems where they need not exist. I'm guessing you work (if you're old enough - there's my assumption...) in a field where accuracy isn't very important?

Well, I'm calling you out on this one. I'm not letting you simply back away and claim victory when it is not yours to claim.
Okay, feel proud of yourself, champ! You're doing great so far. You've managed to parrot something that was already shown to be an assumption of interpretation, and do some behind-the-monitor chest puffing. That'd be really cool if it wasn't kinda goofy. If you want to take it to me on your own, do so already. Don't just repeat what someone else says and then act like you've achieved anything. Maybe I can earn a place in your angry little sig too? I imagine Riley must've really smacked you down hard to earn that one.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 6, 13:55 No subject MyRealName
  2. Jun 6, 13:59  Re: No subject SirKnight
  7. Jun 6, 14:06   Re: No subject Ray Marden
  4. Jun 6, 14:03  Re: No subject Jerykk
  6. Jun 6, 14:05   Re: No subject SirKnight
  10. Jun 6, 14:34   Re: No subject MyRealName
  12. Jun 6, 15:57    Re: No subject Jerykk
  14. Jun 6, 16:29     Re: No subject Masa
  15. Jun 6, 16:36      Re: No subject Stolk
  16. Jun 6, 17:04     Re: No subject MyRealName