Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Eidos announces that Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is now in North American stores:

Redwood City, CA (June 6, 2007) – Corks are flying across the continent as Eidos and Crystal Dynamics toast the release of Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary, which ships to North American retailers today.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary is a celebration of Lara’s original adventure in an entirely new Crystal Dynamics game. In 1996 the original Tomb Raider video game launched and introduced the world to Lara Croft, one of the entertainment industry’s most successful and prolific cross-over properties.

“The anniversary edition is a fan-inspired celebration bridging Lara Croft’s groundbreaking past with a revived passion for new adventures and technical advancements,” said Bill Gardner, president and CEO of Eidos Inc. “Lara Croft is at the doorway of a new decade, and we’ve made sure she’s ready to face exciting new challenges in the world of entertainment.”

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary takes advantage of more than 10 years of technical advances to faithfully recreate the sense of isolation, suspense and surprise of the original title, but with greatly expanded environments, enhanced puzzles, updated weapons and the smooth, athletic character movements introduced in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend in 2006.

Said Matt Gorman, director of marketing at Eidos Inc., “Tomb Raider: Anniversary is an exciting adventure for fans of the franchise and a great introduction to Lara Croft for a whole new generation of consumers.”

The first Tomb Raider game sold more than seven million copies worldwide. Lara Croft went on to become a global entertainment icon, gracing more than 200 magazine covers, touring with U2 and topping $1 billion in brand equity. In total, the franchise has sold more than 30 million games, inspired two feature films and produced comic books, animated series and countless other licensed products.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary was developed by Crystal Dynamics, with versions available for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Windows PC under Windows Vista™. Versions for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system and the Wii™ console are forthcoming.

View
44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

44. For Immediate Release Jun 8, 2007, 14:10 Bacterial Marketing

Redwood City, CA (June 8, 2007)-When I went to the bathroom into a toilet in the morning after waking I saw Lara limerberly navigating my mountainous and cavernuos bacteria bombs. She lassoed a piece of undigested material and tried to swing from it to a precipitous piece of matter. Most unfortunately the matter dislodged and she sunk into the drain as I flushed last night dinner into an undisclosed location. This was not reality. It was in fact Tomb Raider: Anniversary, a contagious comeback for the cantankerous crap-climbing Croft!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

43. ... Jun 7, 2007, 19:03 theyarecomingforyou

Have you studied language much? I believe you're having trouble with interpretation. Where is Legend mentioned in my statement?
The whole point is that you didn't mention Legend - that's what all the discussion is about. By omitting it you were implying that Legend hadn't repaired the brand, as if you hadn't played it you wouldn't be in a position to say TR:A was the first game to restore the series' credibility. One to me. Nil to you.
No, see, you're apparently a little dumb. "Went to hell after TR2" is not at all equivalent to "went to hell after TR2 and has been there ever since including everything up to Anniversary."
Indeed, but the implication that TR:A is this first game that has a chance of restoring the series does. Two to me. Nil to you.
Maybe I can earn a place in your angry little sig too? I imagine Riley must've really smacked you down hard to earn that one.
Clearly you don't know Riley then. Three to me. Nil to you.
Anyway, I was hoping theyarecomingforyou would have followed up, but I guess he was a hit-and-run type of troll.
My sole purpose in life is not to put you down. Unlike you I'm not looking for a fight. I'm looking for you to accept that you were wrong and be a man (or butch lesbian) about it. I win 3-0. You can't deny that (there is no form of appeal available). That's makes me King and you gutter scum. When you're done spreading TB can you please leave the internet.

PS - I hope your mum chokes on a black man's cock and has to have a tracheotomy. This isn't an insult aimed at you but at your slut of a mum... I have no problem with you. In fact I'd be happy to call you a friend.

PPS - I apologise if I've offended you in anyway - that was not my intention. If you just apologise then I'll put this whole thing behind me and we can move on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

42. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 11:36 Jerykk

if we use your definition of a sequel, quake 1, 2, 3 & 4 should be using the same graphics engine but they dont.

I never said that sequels shouldn't use new engines. I said that they don't have to. And they don't, as proven by the numerous examples I cited of sequels that all use the same engine.

41. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 09:41 MyRealName

how you are continuing this crusade after post 17 is beyond me.
Perhaps you should ask those who keep launching attacks? I'm only trying to answer the questions put to me. To do otherwise would be quite rude! Adoring fans need attention afterall. So much turmoil over a simple statement that I hadn't bought since TR2 (fact), and the series went bad after that (opinion, with an open ended assertion). The mind boggles.

Anyway, I was hoping theyarecomingforyou would have followed up, but I guess he was a hit-and-run type of troll. I suppose I should have figured that by his over-the-top hostility.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 09:43.

40. Available on Gametap Jun 7, 2007, 08:59 kimbambaman

You guys might know this already, but TR:A is available on Gametap now as well. (I think it was actually on there the day it was released, impressive) I have a free 30 day trial so I am playing it for FREE, hehe!

So far I am enjoying it. It plays remarkably well with my 360 controller!

"Commandment number one: Shut the hell up!"-Moses Griffin,Family Guy

"Everybody out of the universe!" - Nibbler, Futurama

39. Re: lara! get rest! Jun 7, 2007, 08:40 zirik

Another shity romb raider. Sounds like anniversary to me...

they really cant get anything past you. how did you figure it was an anniversary?

38. lara! get rest! Jun 7, 2007, 06:56 fox

Another shity romb raider. Sounds like anniversary to me...now I really know what the title stands for, especially the "tomb" part

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 06:57.

37. Re: Boob Raider Jun 7, 2007, 06:38 Sarcasm

At the risk of overcomplicating the already overcomplicated, The Last Revelation had integrity too; it had a proper story, plenty of tombs, and made serious improvements to the control system and responsiveness. It had serious flaws too - still ultimately a facelift rather than a reinvention, and had some spectacularly bad voice acting in the secondary roles - but it was a good, enjoyable adventure that doesn't deserve the opprobrium of lazy entries like TR3 or Chronicles, or the misfire of Angel of Darkness.

36. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 03:59 zirik

When it comes down to it, it's more a matter of new content and features. Those are what define sequels and Tomb Raider has both.

if we use your definition of a sequel, quake 1, 2, 3 & 4 should be using the same graphics engine but they dont. i can give more examples but it just would just make your definition of a sequel look strange.

35. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 03:14 Jerykk

Did I say, anywhere in that statement, that I didn't play them? Or did you just assume it?

Now, to answer your next question before you even realize you're going to ask it: Did I say, anywhere in that statement, that I stole them? Or are you just assuming that too?

Actually, I just assumed that you didn't play TR: Legend. If you had, you wouldn't have been posting that TR:A might redeem the series because you'd already know that Legend redeemed the series last year.

P.S. Your assumption that I would ask you if you stole the games was incorrect. If you've read my other posts, you should know that I don't really care how people get their games.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 03:16.

34. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 02:49 Tango

now arguing over perception of what one person may or may not have meant, for... what? It really is ridiculous here at times.
You've just described 99% of religious debates

33. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 02:13 PHJF

how you are continuing this crusade after post 17 is beyond me.

------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

32. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 02:00 MyRealName

Ah, there's the problem. If you haven't played every TR game, you can't make a broad statement like you did.
I thought my other post would have indicated the problem with reading whatever you wish into someone else's words, and then confronting based on those assumptions. Apparently it did not. Let's revisit the quote again, then:
I haven't bought any Tomb Raider titles since TR2.
Did I say, anywhere in that statement, that I didn't play them? Or did you just assume it?

Now, to answer your next question before you even realize you're going to ask it: Did I say, anywhere in that statement, that I stole them? Or are you just assuming that too?

I'd like to move onto this other person, because while you're just assuming the wrong things (a simple enough mistake), this next one's actually being hostile about it, like maybe he wants to have a digital fist-fight (oh noes!)

what you wrote implied that TR:L wasn't good.
Have you studied language much? I believe you're having trouble with interpretation. Where is Legend mentioned in my statement? You see, right there your claim pretty much goes out the window, but I'll play along because you're obviously interested in me.

That implies that every game inbetween wasn't worthwhile and was still in the "hell" that you described.
No, see, you're apparently a little dumb. "Went to hell after TR2" is not at all equivalent to "went to hell after TR2 and has been there ever since including everything up to Anniversary." To illustrate, here's a simple example you might be able to follow: "I went to the store last weekend." Am I still there? Nope! To assume things this way is really going out on your own, and drawing conclusions based on no evidence. That is fine in gradeschool, so you're forgiven, but it doesn't really work in the adult world (try it in court some day!). It only causes problems where they need not exist. I'm guessing you work (if you're old enough - there's my assumption...) in a field where accuracy isn't very important?

Well, I'm calling you out on this one. I'm not letting you simply back away and claim victory when it is not yours to claim.
Okay, feel proud of yourself, champ! You're doing great so far. You've managed to parrot something that was already shown to be an assumption of interpretation, and do some behind-the-monitor chest puffing. That'd be really cool if it wasn't kinda goofy. If you want to take it to me on your own, do so already. Don't just repeat what someone else says and then act like you've achieved anything. Maybe I can earn a place in your angry little sig too? I imagine Riley must've really smacked you down hard to earn that one.

31. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2007, 01:58 Jerykk

A sequel doesn't necessarily have to use a new engine. Generals, BfME 1 & 2 and C&C3 all use the same engine, for example. I'm pretty sure all the NFSes since Hot Pursuit 2 also use the same engine, albeit heavily upgraded.

When it comes down to it, it's more a matter of new content and features. Those are what define sequels and Tomb Raider has both.

30. No subject Jun 6, 2007, 22:22 zirik

im just glad that they are not charging a ridiculous amount for the new game. at least they acknowledge that they used an existing game code/graphics engine and slapped on new missions. unlike another "new" game with the same graphics but is selling for a full price. *cough* GRAW2 *cough*

29. Re: ... Jun 6, 2007, 21:27 The Half Elf

Either way guys it doesn't fucking matter. Either way he was just posting to troll that scince TR2 the games sucked, in which case he was wrong with Legends.

Either way stfu about it. I'm sure the Fox News Network could use your guy's master spin skills.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

28. ... Jun 6, 2007, 21:20 theyarecomingforyou

It does not suggest that.
I don't care what you intended - what you wrote implied that TR:L wasn't good. Let's look at what you said:

You said that the series went to hell after TR2.
You said that TR:A goes some way to restore the series.

That implies that every game inbetween wasn't worthwhile and was still in the "hell" that you described. You can bullshit some of the dumbfucks here and succeed in convincing them of your point but you CLEARLY implied that all the games between TR2 and TR:A were awful. It would be better if you just accept that you worded it badly and move on. STOP DIGGING THE HOLE DEEPER. If you can't accept you made a mistake then fuck off.

Now hopefully we're done reading whatever we wish into others' words for the sake of trolling an argument out.
No. You made a mistake. People picked it apart. You tried to prove them wrong. You failed. This isn't people picking an arguement - this is you being wrong and acting like a twat about it. Well, I'm calling you out on this one. I'm not letting you simply back away and claim victory when it is not yours to claim.

It really is ridiculous here at times.
Yeah, ridiculous that you can't accept you worded it wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Founder of the "I Hate Smiley Fitz" society

Remember: Riley has autism. He has trouble communicating, and in an overstimulating
environment, he can get frightened and run away, leaving his parents frantic. - Auburn

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

27. Fine.... Jun 6, 2007, 20:07 Dreagon

...now somebody needs to twist Epic's arm into redoing Unreal, Id into redoing Quake, and somebody with talent into redoing Thief.  
------
Carpe Papilla

"@Dreagon - Comparing Oblivion to Deer Hunter was just ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself... it just made you look like a Class-A cunt." - theyarecomingforyou

26. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2007, 19:38 The Half Elf

I liked the Legend Demo, but really didn't like this one. At least in the demo to me the reinvented the monster closet ala Doom 3, but with animals.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

25. Re: No subject Jun 6, 2007, 19:22 Jerykk

1. I haven't bought any Tomb Raider titles since TR2.

Ah, there's the problem. If you haven't played every TR game, you can't make a broad statement like you did. You can't say that every game after TR2 sucked unless you played them all.

I've played all the TR games. I recently beat TR: Legend and I'm about to beat TR: Anniversary. TR: Legend was a good game. TR:A is also a good game. Therefore, TR has officially been redeemed.

44 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo