Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New BF2 Beta Map

This EA Forum Post offers word on the release of Highway Tampa, a new map for Battlefield 2, along with some screenshots. The map is available for download from EA (direct link), and while it is a beta, it does support ranked play (thanks Apo). Reading the accompanying blurb, it sounds like this map is also going to be ported to one of the other Battlefield games:

Through a collaborative effort Intel and EA DICE are rolling out a new Battlefield map for players to battle on. Highway Tampa is a vehicle focused map that offers a game experience similar to classic 1942 desert warfare. Explore this stretch of the Arabian Peninsula in your choice of vehicle and work with your team mates to conquer the map for your team. Download the beta, join in the servers, and drive, fly, and destroy your way to victory. Then drop by the EA forums and let us know what you think. Also keep your eyes to the future as this stretch of desert will see combat across two generations of Battlefield.

DICE Live Team
---------------------

Check out my Beta post for information: http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=231518

View
11. Re: Demo Co-op Mission Jun 6, 2007, 02:49 Desertfox

>Can you post those ip-addresses to block here?

...on second thoughts... I played the map for some time and I changed my mind: free gaming-content like this with some in-game advertisements like this is okay for me. The map is pretty good and I think the billboards are funny.

There is one other thing that crossed my mind: lately there seems to be a new hackcheat in BF2 that is undiscovered by punkbuster. People seem to find me even while I'm playing spec-ops (no UAV in sight) and come for me in a straight line. Players dolphin-dive and shoot one-shot one-kill and TV-guided missles hit from behind the horizon without the warning signal sounding in my armour... And the commander is able to drop a whole line of supplycrates. I've been playing BF2 since day 1 and when you have spent so many hours in this game, you notice the difference between better players and strange things happening
Maybe EA/DICE could address this too?
This comment was edited on Jun 6, 14:12.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. Jun 5, 22:22 New map LIQUID-SEX
  2. Jun 5, 22:35 It's all about PR Techie714
  3. Jun 5, 22:40  Re: It's all about PR ColoradoHoudini
  4. Jun 5, 23:08   Re: It's all about PR LittleMe
  5. Jun 5, 23:09 Demo Co-op Mission Apo
  6. Jun 5, 23:40  Re: Demo Co-op Mission LittleMe
  8. Jun 6, 00:28  Re: Demo Co-op Mission DedEye
  9. Jun 6, 00:42   Re: Demo Co-op Mission LittleMe
  10. Jun 6, 02:48    Re: Demo Co-op Mission wMute
>> 11. Jun 6, 02:49    Re: Demo Co-op Mission Desertfox