Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Wow, after all these years, and with just a couple of episodes remaining, I am shocked at how shocking I found last night's The Sopranos. You could have given me a thousand tries to predict the outcome of the penultimate episode, and I would not have come close even once.

R.I.P.: Bill Whitman, 92, Is Dead; Scoured the Earth for Rare Fruit (registration required).

Shocking Links! Thanks Ant.
Play: Fingerjig Typing Game. Thanks Neatorama.
Story: California Man Shatters World Record for Hot Dog Eating. Thanks Digg.
Paris Hilton checks into L.A. jail. That's hot.
Texas Inmate Seeks Jokes for Last Words.
Science!: Splash, Splash, You're Dead The Military's Next-Gen Water Gun.
Flaxseed may slow prostate tumour growth.
Smallest galaxy hints at hidden population.
Media: Wendy's Satisfaction Commercial (featuring Hasselhoff).
Baseball manager tantrum gets more bizarre as it goes along.
So you think you can dance? Okay, how about with scoliosis? Wow!
Follow-up: Victims Struck at DC Festival Recovering.
Teh Funny: Where Does Mario Go When He Dies? Thanks Digg.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Fingerjig Typing Game Jun 5, 2007, 10:09 xXBatmanXx

I scored 695,349. Not sure if I finished it right though. I took a break after one that had really strange, long words. I came back about 1/2 hour later, clicked next test and it took me to the score page. Most tests I was ~40wpm, and I don't know how accurate that is. The last standardized typing test I took, I scored over 80wpm. I played an online typing game thing not too long ago and it said I typed 120wpm, so who knows.

I did the first round and called shenanigans.

Doing off the wall words to test wpm is not exactly a predictable test of your ability.

The best is doing sentences and paragraphs, what people actually type. The actual test you would take for a job or in a class.

Anywooo.....

Gun Control isn't about guns. It's about control.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Fingerjig Typing Game Jun 4, 2007, 20:53 jimnms

I scored 695,349. Not sure if I finished it right though. I took a break after one that had really strange, long words. I came back about 1/2 hour later, clicked next test and it took me to the score page. Most tests I was ~40wpm, and I don't know how accurate that is. The last standardized typing test I took, I scored over 80wpm. I played an online typing game thing not too long ago and it said I typed 120wpm, so who knows.

MeanJim on Steam

23. No subject Jun 4, 2007, 18:56 xXBatmanXx

ugh, I need a vacation now to recover from my "vacation" from last week......

I hate working.

Gun Control isn't about guns. It's about control.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

22. Baseball manager tantrum Jun 4, 2007, 18:50 Jim

lol This guy gives Lou Pinella a run for his money!

That should have been a week worth of ejections (aka suspension) right there.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 18:51.

Jim

21. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 16:37 Enahs

I just have a feeling blacklights would embarrass the boy too much

It is my dog, he drools a lot! yeah thats it!

I use real UV lights all the time, not just crappy cheap ole black lights. No worries. I learned how to clean up after my self.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

20. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 16:34 Masa

And, besides, you shouldn't be plugging in lamps given what kind of freaky lightbulbs you favor!

I just have a feeling blacklights would embarrass the boy too much

19. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 15:57 The Half Elf

With the lightbulbs ya pick Enahs, the wall is the last thing I'd be worried about being ugly

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

18. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 15:29 strich

makes my wall look stupid and ugly

garages aren't meant to look pretty. they're meant to be covered in shit, dirty and crap piled upon crap.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

17. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 15:13 Zathrus

the place I moved to last year, has not one god damn power outlet outside

Hrm... I guess that, technically, my old house didn't either. None on the front at all (although I eventually added some garage outlets that were closer to the outside), and the one on the rear deck was inside a screened porch. I was never really bothered by it though, since there were a number of garage and porch outlets.

Our current house has usefully located exterior outlets (3 total), but the garage sucks. And the incompetent morons who owned the house before us drywalled over all the access valves -- one outdoor spigot is off (and I'll have to cut a hole over a shower to get to it), and I have no idea where the main house valves for water or gas. I can at least turn the water off at the curb if I want, but I hate that.

16. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 14:29 Enahs

I'm already planning to suck power off the garage door outlet and use WireMold conduit to add at least one more outlet for a workbench, and to punch a new outlet in near an outside outlet.

Yeah. I am just now getting around to it, but the place I moved to last year, has not one god damn power outlet outside.
So I am going to have to tap into the outdoor lights and run conduit to put in some power outlets. Luckily they now make outdoor power conduits the color of brick and stuff, or even the mortar so you can run it there.

So annoying, such tards.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):

- W. C. Fields

15. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 14:27 Enahs

Yes, you tards, I know there are power strips and such. I only have like 500 of them.

But really, why do I want a to plug up a power strip or squid or a 1-3 inch extension cord just to plug up my cordless phone/answering machine base station and a lamp? It makes my wall look stupid and ugly, and it is a waste. Or a place where I just want need to only plug in 2 of those annoying power dongles.

Stop being such tards!

- W. C. Fields

14. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 14:14 complicity

And I propose we start a new standard, so they do not run vertical but horizontal, with just a little more spacing.
I can get behind that idea.

Enahs, you asked last night about Siberia II. I picked up a copy at Best Buy about a year ago for $10 from the jewel-case-only rack, and I still notice it there when I've been in recently. This is Best Buy Canada, though, so your selection might be different.

A message of hope to those who choose to hear it,
and a warning to those who do not.

13. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 14:11 Warhawk

Agreed. And I propose we start a new standard, so they do not run vertical but horizontal, with just a little more spacing. Because now every f'in thing you want to plug up has a power convert at the plug, and so you can only plug one up to the damn wall socket, and it usually covers up the other one just a little so you can not even plug in a lamp, or if you force it in it they both are not quite in properly. So damn annoying.

Eh, they have these newfagled contraptions called, get this, power bars, that allow multiple items to be used from one outlet! AMAZING!

I like these, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Sentry-5-Outlet-PowerSquid-Multiplier/dp/B000ACGE3U

Edit - ARG, Z beat me to it AGAIN!

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Sunday, June 03, 2007
This comment was edited on Jun 4, 14:13.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

12. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 14:10 Zathrus

Because now every f'in thing you want to plug up has a power convert at the plug, and so you can only plug one up to the damn wall socket, and it usually covers up the other one just a little so you can not even plug in a lamp

That's what power strips, or those little 1' extension cords are made for.

Or the 6-to-2 plug adapters that you use instead of a wall plate.

Silly Enahs. And, besides, you shouldn't be plugging in lamps given what kind of freaky lightbulbs you favor!

Oh, and my garage has precisely two outlets -- one on the wall, and one on the ceiling (for the garage door opener). And it's all sheetrocked. Yay. I'm already planning to suck power off the garage door outlet and use WireMold conduit to add at least one more outlet for a workbench, and to punch a new outlet in near an outside outlet. But still, freaking silly. And then there's the basement, where I find new and interesting electrical/plumbing nightmares every time I cut a hole in the sheetrock...

11. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 13:52 Enahs

You can never have too many power sockets. Ever.

Agreed. And I propose we start a new standard, so they do not run vertical but horizontal, with just a little more spacing. Because now every f'in thing you want to plug up has a power convert at the plug, and so you can only plug one up to the damn wall socket, and it usually covers up the other one just a little so you can not even plug in a lamp, or if you force it in it they both are not quite in properly. So damn annoying.

- W. C. Fields

10. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 13:43 Tango

You can never have too many power sockets. Ever. You could have a whole wall of them and still use them up

House is looking great Hawk.

9. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2007, 12:11 Warhawk

wow, the house looks great!

Did you intend on having power outlets every two feet in the garage?

And are you guys the first in a subdivision or is the house just sitting on a couple of acres of land you bought? It doesn't look like there's anyone else around.

Thanks!

Well, I put them close together in that corner because that is where the workbench will go, but I am not sure where yet. I figure some will be covered up, so I threw in extras to cover all my bases. It's cheap to do that during construction. Yes, I did go overboard - sue me.

My folks split up a 20-acre parcel and effectively "gave" my sister and I eash 5 acres (we each paid on the order of $4,000 for the cost of the split only, land was "free"). She (and her hubby) built a few years ago - their house is next to ours to the north but is probably 150-200 feet away. There is an empty 5-acre parcel to the south (parents own it - part of the split) and an empty 20-acre parcel behind all of us (parents own that as well). We are building a family compound.

Edit - speeling - my fingers are numb in my freezing office.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 12:12.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

8. No subject Jun 4, 2007, 11:57 strich

wow, the house looks great!

Did you intend on having power outlets every two feet in the garage?

And are you guys the first in a subdivision or is the house just sitting on a couple of acres of land you bought? It doesn't look like there's anyone else around.

Seeing your boy standing in the trench reminds me of when i was young and loved to do the same thing. Something about being in that trench and following it around the yard was the coolest thing in the world.

I don't believe in a lot of things, but I do believe in duct tape.

7. Re: Moving soon Jun 4, 2007, 11:56 Warhawk

We do have a part of the garage availabe, so that's where a good chunk/most of our stuff will go. We also will have a bay available in my sister's garage (next door to our new place) and a small storage unit that has some more room in it (we got it in preparation for putting our house up for sale/the move). I think my folks might even have a little garage space available for use and they are close as well. I think we'll be OK space-wise, especially once cabinets start going in and more floor space in the garage is freed up.

I personally don't mind moving (except for the change of address BS, etc, etc). I am not stressed out about it at all, it's my wife feeling the pressure.

Stuff like the final walkthrough on our house we're in - she wants to scrub and clean everything even though we are in the middle of packing. C'mon, if they want to hold the walkthrough early they have to be prepared for some mess and inconvenience. I'm sorry, but with my wife trying to finish up the school year and this being a very busy time at work, they will have to "deal with it" but my wife wants it to look spotless for a walkthrough.

This comment was edited on Jun 4, 11:57.

6. Re: Moving soon Jun 4, 2007, 11:30 Cutter

Congrats, bud. House looks great! And yes, moving always sucks. Nice to have a home, home on the range, where the beer and the canteloupe stay.

"Jesus H. Christ, we must be a mile from the sun."
- Lawrence Bourne III, Volunteers

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo