Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Need for Speed ProStreet Announced

This press release offers the promised (story) announcement of the next Need for Speed game, which is indeed titled Need for Speed ProStreet (story). A new trailer shows off the coming installment in the high octane series, which is due on multiple platforms this fall, the clip can be found on ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage. Here's the announcement:

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – May 31, 2007 – Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that the blockbuster Need for Speed™ franchise is introducing a new version that drives the series in a new direction. Need for Speed™ ProStreet is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you’re thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. The game is being developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is slated to ship this fall.

“Need for Speed ProStreet accelerates street racing culture by providing the ultimate stage for the pursuit of street racing supremacy,” said Executive Producer, Larry LaPierre. “This is a game about building the ultimate performance-tuned battle machine, taking it to multi-disciplinary showdowns all over the world and pitting your skills and reputation against the very best street racers.”

Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-realistic graphics, effectively transporting you to the center of the action. It pushes the “Autosculpt™” technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car’s performance for the first time as well as personalize its appearance. Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown.

Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile. More information can be found at www.needforspeed.com

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. No subject Jun 2, 2007, 15:57 Tanto Edge

Don't you figure, that EA could have given the absolute culmination of ten years worth of NFS, a better name than ProStreet?

Doesn't that kinda make you think you're buying a shoe?
A really nice shoe... quality rubber, I'm sure... and I can pimp that shoe out...
But I can't wear my ProStreets on the court...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. No subject Jun 1, 2007, 09:11 Xero

I've been to enough tracks to know Tuners own muscle in just about every type of race these days. Obviously they blow them away when it comes to rally and turns. But with the mods being applied nowadays, the straightaway drags where the muscle are suppose to be supreme are getting smoked bad. Muchless, it's fun messing with tuner cars since they are like toys. Gimme one over muscle anyday. As for Need for Speed. Most Wanted I think was the best. Carbon sucked but had nice graphics. This one looks lame minus the damage but now they are gonna sell the game based on the damage over anything else.

Currently playing: FarCry 4, Max Payne 3, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, Heroes of the Storm Alpha, Battlefield 3, Outlast, Red Faction Guerrilla

24. Re: *yawn* Jun 1, 2007, 08:50 Tango

For the first I played the demo exclusively. I had it cracked so it gave me the police car, and so I could disable the time limit
Lol yup. And you could rename a text file in the install directory and it would give you all the power ups (most were limited in the demo). I loved Carmageddon. If someone could make another one today with the Havok physics engine, decent multiplayer with 10 or so people, and cool tracks... man I'd be happy.

The only problem with Carmageddon was that there was no reason to use any car other than the one you start in and the police suppressor vehicle.

23. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 23:21 Toxic_Metal

Another vote for Carmageddon here. Good Times.  
Their freedom was taken away as they crashed . . .
-- "So Long, and thanks for all the fish..."

22. Re: Need for Speed: Spore May 31, 2007, 22:14 The Half Elf

Sounds like I want to throw up just thinking about it. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy Wrights games, but that last thing I want to hear in Forza Online is how some stoned 20 something just made a sweet whip with some of the above features for 30 mins.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

21. Need for Speed: Spore May 31, 2007, 22:07 Kxmode

A hybrid between Spore and NFS, in that you can make any vehicle configuration you want. And by any I mean any.

18-wheels: check!
36" rims: check!
triple spinner: check! With spikes? double-check!
15-layer spoiler: check
24 exhaust pipes: check!
10 doors: sure, why not
1,400 Cylinder engine: cHeck yeah!

After assembling, drive around your gaudy monstrosity on a sandbox track. Think it kicks ass? Take it online and race against other player created vehicles. Win enough races and you can score top spot on Ladder competitions for bragging rights.

How does this sound?

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode

20. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 15:43 4D-Boxing

I went from playing all the NFS up to porsh unleashed religiously... at least 2 hours a day. Now I wont even touch the demos. EA, MS & UBI sure now how to kill great PC games.

Seems like only Game devs. from eastern europe have any imagination. Uncle Billy give me 100 000 000$ & i'll start he best gaming studion on the planet minus a 10% service fee of course..lol

19. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 15:42 Beamer

I had a blast with Carmageddon, but not exactly fairly.

For the first I played the demo exclusively. I had it cracked so it gave me the police car, and so I could disable the time limit, but often liked keeping the time limit there so I could compare how much damage I did in the five minutes it gave me. Then I'd watch the full replay.

Carmageddon 2 I pirated. I was young, weak, and poor. Only played it a bit. Some of the levels seemed great, some seemed poorly designed.

I'd buy a new one of it was done well.

-------------
Doomriders: the first new band worth a signature - http://www.deathwishinc.com/

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

18. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 15:30 Ecthelion

Actually, I'm ashamed to admit I never even played any of the Carmageddon games. They came out when I was a teenager, and my parents were fairly strict about violence and stuff. I'm just lucky that my mom didn't know about Wolfenstein 3D.

I did play Streets of Sim City though. I remember it being a bit crappy, but the style was cool.

17. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 15:30 Jerykk

Carmageddon > Carmageddon 2. The damage modeling in Carma 2 was too limited. Once a car exploded, that was it. In Carma 1, you could push a car up against a wall, drive to the other side of the map, then drive back and plow into the car at 200+ MPH. This would result in some wonderfully mangled vehicles.

Carma 2 also had too much emphasis on the peds and stupid ped powerups.

16. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 14:45 The Half Elf

Just give me Carmageddon 2 with updated graphics and a rock solid multiplayer setup and I'd shell out 50 bucks for it.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 14:21 dubfanatic

I wish someone would make a game like Streets of Sim City or Carmageddon again.

Me too... I'd love to see something like Streets of SimCity again for either SimCity 4 or City Life, only this time with an optimized engine

14. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 14:02 PHJF

TDR2000 was pretty lousy.

------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: *yawn* May 31, 2007, 13:53 MyRealName

I wish someone would make a game like Streets of Sim City or Carmageddon again.

Oh man. A new Carmageddon - with a serious, dark angle than the past silliness (some is good, but not too much) - would rule. Even better, if someone finally did a decent Car Wars title. Build your vehicles from the ground up, mount rocket launchers and machine guns and anti-tank cannons, and then head out to the desert highways... *drool* And! Even better if it had co-op mode for driver/gunner teams. Auuughhh...

I better stop before I drown in drool over here.

Oh yeah - Fuck EA!

This comment was edited on May 31, 13:54.

12. Re: More like Most Wanted, less like Car May 31, 2007, 13:45 banddirector

The Muscle cars may look cooler, but in the NFS games they handle like crap. If you want to win, gimme a tricked out tuner any day ....

-----------------------------------
Gun control means using both hands ...

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

11. Re: No subject May 31, 2007, 13:45 PHJF

Porsche Carrera GT?

------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. No subject May 31, 2007, 13:21 Ping

Audi RS6 and BMW M5 kick the crap out of muscle cars.
German engineering FTW!

9. Re: More like Most Wanted, less like Car May 31, 2007, 13:16 Krovven

Sounds boring, I'll wait for the demo. After all the negative feedback on Carbon I didn't even bother with the demo.

So they are being called Tuners now? Was Ricers not PC enough? Muscle cars kick the crap out of Ricers any day of the week, sound far far more interesting and look a hell of a lot cooler. I'm guessing though its more of a generation thing when it comes to "hot rods".

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Titan Quest-Immortal Throne & Day of Defeat Source.

8. Re: More like Most Wanted, less like Car May 31, 2007, 13:14 Tango

I thought instalment has one l.

Sorry - revision for my law exams is doing my head in, while at the same time making me unbelievably pedantic about tiny details

This comment was edited on May 31, 13:15.

7. Re: More like Most Wanted, less like Car May 31, 2007, 12:26 Bludd

I can live with tuners and exotics. I don't give a flying fuck about muscle cars.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo