Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

American McGee's Grimm Announced

Following initial hints (story) and an unofficial revelation (story), GameTap officially announces American McGee's Grimm, an episodic game based on Grimm's fairy tales:

ATLANTA – May 29, 2007 – GameTap, the first-of-its-kind broadband entertainment network from Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. (TBS, Inc.), announced today the latest addition to the GameTap Originals line-up, American McGee’s Grimm. The title cements GameTap’s leadership position as a digital publisher and pioneer in episodic games. The 24 episode series will debut in the spring of 2008.

“American McGee is one of the best known and most dynamic developers in the industry today and Grimm is the perfect fit with our GameTap Originals brand,” said Ricardo Sanchez, GameTap’s VP of content. “American is really exploring the potential of episodic game development. Adding this exciting new title to our list of already successful episodic game titles shows our commitment to this proven format.”

In keeping with American’s distinct development style on his smash hit game American McGee’s Alice, fans can expect the same twisted treatment of children’s classics, in addition to a fantastical art style, and groundbreaking gameplay elements. American McGee’s Grimm is a narrative-driven, action-adventure game which immerses the player in a world built around some of the best known tales from the Brothers Grimm, including Rapunzel, Rumplestiltskin, Little Red Riding Hood, and Snow White.

“My interpretation of these classic fables will provide gamers with an entertaining and interactive way of experiencing how the stories were originally meant to unfold,” said American McGee, creative director for Spicy Horse. “The ‘chapters’ inherently lend themselves to the new episodic model that GameTap has perfected.”

American McGee’s Grimm is a story-driven action-adventure game. The player interacts with a compelling collection of vividly drawn characters inhabiting a world built around twisted takes on the best-known tales in Western fiction. The game combines familiar exploration and questing conventions with a thematically inspired fighting mechanic based on the notion that “words are weapons”.

Players will experience the game in a sandbox world which contains missions assigned in episodic fashion. Game and narrative concepts equivalent to TV cliffhangers will be used to create game play and story interest to encourage players to keep up with new releases.

View
9. Re: No subject May 29, 2007, 16:17 tron

Not a lot of American McGee fans here, apparently

i don't think anyone here actually hates the guy. i think what people hate it the way his name is being glorified like Romero's used to be. i mean, he hasn't done anything noteworthy since Alice (which i enjoyed) so why make it sound like he's a visionary who shapes the industry? he made a name with id software and created something cool with Alice but what else has he done? he is over-hyped by the press and that is why people rip on him. he'll have to be the creative force behind a few more titles that are as-good or better-than Alice before i consider him to be a "big name".

- tron -
---
"tron is big and tron is full of action... it's a hell of a ride!"
-from the Tron 2.0 box
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 29, 10:37 YIPPEE! Xyggy
  8. May 29, 16:10  Re: YIPPEE! MattyC
  14. May 29, 20:45  Re: YIPPEE! me
  15. May 29, 21:14   Re: YIPPEE! me
  16. May 29, 21:36    Re: YIPPEE! AhrimaaN
  18. May 29, 23:25  Re: YIPPEE! zirik