Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Memorial Day Tech Bits

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: ? May 29, 2007, 10:29 4D-Boxing

I guess it's good thing that I started turning of my dual 8800 GTX 1000W PSU beast before going to work.

99% of the time the only thing on in my apartment is the PC & the TV.. no need for lights... 24" LCD & the TV take care of that.

Based on my calculation the PC costs me about 30$ a month when left on 24/7. The wird thing is that even when i turn it off may power bill stays the same.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: ? May 28, 2007, 18:29 Bone43

I have a Derek Smart-powered turbine.

Golden!

7. Re: ? May 28, 2007, 18:03 The Half Elf

Well that explains why we have such hot and humid summers here in Florida

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

6. Re: ? May 28, 2007, 17:23 Smoove

LOL. That's why I prefer console gaming, I'm not blowing through PC parts due to inadequate power supplies.

Actually, Derek Smart turbines are quite powerful and environmentally friendly. They convert all the hot air Derek gives off into usable electricity, thereby saving natural resources. I've found that just one Derek Smart forum post is enough to power my computer for days!

5. Re: ? May 28, 2007, 14:31 Masa

LOL. That's why I prefer console gaming, I'm not blowing through PC parts due to inadequate power supplies.

4. save the earth, stop web surfing May 28, 2007, 14:27 zirik

you guys should stop visiting tweaktown to reduce the workload of their server thus saving electricity and not contributing to global warming.

3. Re: ? May 28, 2007, 13:09 Fugazi

The CRTC needs to be destroyed.

2. Re: ? May 28, 2007, 13:04 dubfanatic

Yes, if your power comes from CO2-emitting sources. My power is hydroelectric so I don't have to worry

1. ? May 28, 2007, 12:44 FourPak

video games cause global warming?

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo