Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Call of Duty 4 Announced - PC Plans Confirmed

Though already revealed in a well-publicized (story) trailer (story), Activision and Infinity Ward now officially announce Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, and confirming the upcoming modernized continuation of the shooter series that began with World War II will return to its PC roots this time around after a console-only CoD3. Here's word on the game, which is due for Windows, Xbox 360, and PS3 this fall:

Santa Monica, CA – May 25, 2007 – Grab your flashbangs and prepare to break cover for the most intense and cinematic Call of Duty® experience ever as Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) and Infinity Ward today confirmed development of Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™. The new action-thriller from the award-winning creators of the Call of Duty series will arm gamers with the most advanced and powerful arsenal of modern day firepower to fight a new war in the world’s most treacherous hotspots.

“Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is the most intense, visceral title we’ve ever created,” says Jason West, co-studio head and project lead, Infinity Ward. “The single player campaign is a well-paced, non-stop action experience. As the story unfolds, the player is introduced to new gameplay at every turn – one moment you are fast-roping from your Blackhawk helicopter after storming into the war zone with an armada of choppers, the next you are a sniper, under concealment, in a Ghillie suit miles behind enemy lines, the next you are engaging hostiles from an AC-130 gunship thousands of feet above the battlefield.”

Mixed with explosive action, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare also delivers amazing special effects, including use of depth of field, rim-lighting, character self-shadowing, real time post-processing, texture streaming as well as physics-enabled effects to enlist players into the most photo-realistic gaming experience. Combined with Call of Duty’s award-winning audio design, players will face war as never before.

In addition to single player, Infinity Ward has deployed a dedicated team from the start to deliver a new level of depth to multiplayer. Building on the hit Call of Duty 2 online experience, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s new multiplayer is set to provide the community an addictive and accessible experience to gamers of all levels.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is in development for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows® PC. The title is scheduled for release this fall and has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

Players anxious to answer the call can visit www.charlieoscardelta.com for additional information and exclusive updates.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Well May 27, 2007, 07:56 Charlie_Six

Yea sounds like same ol gameplay to me.
I feel like COD1/2/3 gameplay is really ancient by today's standards, even though COD3 only came out a year ago. The enemy doesn't act intelligently. It just sits at a cover point, pops up, shoots, goes back down. It's like that Hogan's Alley game for Nintendo!

I hope they get rid of that. It was good for the GI Joe feeling, but after 3 games, I'm ready to see it go. I'd also like to see some damage modeling. Shoot an enemy in the leg, and I want to see him limping around. Shoot him in the arms, and he can't shoot. Shoot his gun, his gun flies out of his hand. If having all of this is too complicated to implement, at least give me one of them! Leg shots sound good aye

I'd also like to see enemies intelligently retreat. Let's say I don't want to kill ANYONE the whole campaign. Let me do that. I'll shoot the arms of enemies, they'll run away and I won't need to kill them. I'd like to see medics pick people up and take 'em away from the battle lines. Course, you can shoot the medics if you want

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 19:09 Jerykk

They take the hit,feel the pain and limp to cover

ArmA ftw.

16. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 15:34 HellSlayer

Ya I agree:)I would rather see precise hit boxes and reactions on models:)For example when a sniper hits someone in the leg,they just don't run off(errr bf2). They take the hit,feel the pain and limp to cover;) Now this would rule!:) heh

Jesus is Lord! If Jesus has no power,why get upset?

o0

15. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 13:39 Overon

I played red faction. The deformation was very limited.

14. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 11:57 zirik

Add more wild life & people bugs etc... so when you crwal you see all the detail onthe groud you would see in real life.

lets have bugs crawl up the players arse while he is sniping. that should throw off his aim while the character scratches off the bug.

13. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 10:32 Elf Shot The Food

The "deformable terrain" in Red Faction was a very over-hyped feature, especially when you actually played the game and saw how little of the environment could actually be altered.

12. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 10:18 Optimaximal

Welcome to 2001 - did you miss Red Faction?

11. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 10:16 Overon

Yeah I think the most revolutionary aspects of fps games would be deformable terrain and objects.

10. Re: Is it me May 26, 2007, 08:46 4D-Boxing

I think there is still room for improvement in games.
They could add some of the innovation that came out years ago. Deformable terrain... so that you can take a 3 or 4 grenades & create your own fox whole. Ability to destroy objects walls etc... to create your own entrances in buildings ( if you have the right explosives). Add more wild life & people bugs etc... so when you crwal you see all the detail onthe groud you would see in real life.

What about the stuff that in that mercenary fps game where you could shoot the glasses of a guy or take out diff. body parts.

add all that & it would be a good start. When it come to gameplay ..gamers will take those old innovation & change they way the games are played.

Imagine being able to digg a tunnel outside a wall & sneek into an enemy base? or having the enemy discover the tunnel & toss a few grenades to make it colapse & take out 5 or guys.

I know all these things are demanding on hardware but ...I'm just tring to show that games have not hit the wall when it comes to improvements.

9. Re: No subject May 26, 2007, 06:38 Optimaximal

By the time the game comes out, Vista *may* have been patched into a decent/servicable operating system...

*zort*

8. Re: No subject May 25, 2007, 23:52 Overon

Have you noticed that "vista only" rhymes with "vista blow me"? Coincidence? I think not.

7. No subject May 25, 2007, 23:37 beaves

vista only??

6. Re: Is it me May 25, 2007, 21:29 Masa

Or have games completely hit a wall with ideas. What more can we do with ANY war at this point in time? Boring.

Just about anything they want. At least they're taking the game out of the context of World War II, which you have also complained too many games use as a setting.

What I can't understand is why you're even complaining.

Curious how others view that. Would you consider that actually different gameplay (if it happens the way I described it)?

None of what they describe in the game is actually new, as most of that is largely present in OpFlash '85 and Armed Assault alone. Nothing in games anymore is "new" except for portrayal of setting and how fun it is.

I've enjoyed the past CoD games quite a bit, so despite the latest entry being set in a modern battlefield, like so many other games of the type, I'm more inclined to try it.

5. Re: Is it me May 25, 2007, 20:14 LG Orange Drink

I like the COD feel of you are there. Seems the FP aspect is done better than most. So if they can keep coming up with historical scenarios that give me the "you are there" feel, I'm ok with that.

4. No subject May 25, 2007, 20:12 space captain

"rim lighting" indeed

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Is it me May 25, 2007, 20:11 Halo

Make a damn game where zee Germans actually took over all of Europe and change history forever. Now the cold war is happening between America and What ever the new Europe is called and you're sent in as a spy or something to gather intel. Kinda like a Hitman/MGS/Typical FPS mix. Where you have do finish objectives differently. Not like a run/shoot/next level. If you don't cover your mistakes or get caught you're screwed! but you can finish the objective in different ways so it's not the same every time.

Oh damnit I realised that game Mortyr was kinda like that. Except it wasn't that good of a game, plus this one isn't run and gun. Can I get a dev team now or what?
I dunno I thought this stuff up in 5 minutes.

This comment was edited on May 25, 20:13.

2. Is it me May 25, 2007, 19:57 venomhed

Or have games completely hit a wall with ideas. What more can we do with ANY war at this point in time? Boring.

1. Well May 25, 2007, 19:34 Creston

It could be interesting, but this...
"the player is introduced to new gameplay at every turn – one moment you are fast-roping from your Blackhawk helicopter after storming into the war zone with an armada of choppers, the next you are a sniper, under concealment, in a Ghillie suit miles behind enemy lines, the next you are engaging hostiles from an AC-130 gunship thousands of feet above the battlefield.”"

sounds a bit debatable. If you're using the exact same controls, and doing the exact same thing (ie, line up the crosshair and click left mouse), it's not really new GAMEPLAY, is it? It's not much more than just a slightly different HUD, basically. Right?

Curious how others view that. Would you consider that actually different gameplay (if it happens the way I described it)?

Creston

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo