Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II Trailer

A new StarCraft II trailer is now available, offering a lengthier look at gameplay from the RTS sequel than the pair of clips that followed its recent announcement (story). A smaller edition of the 20-some minute clip is available on ComputerGames.ro and Gamer's Hell. There is also a high-resolution edition of the trailer on AusGamers, ComputerGames.ro, Gamer's Hell, and PixelRage.ro.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: Worth noting May 22, 2007, 16:32 Kxmode

Wich is one of the straws I can cling to as I hope it wont be a dumbed down to the common xbox\ps denominator.

Nice try but incorrect.

StarCraft in Korea, and most of Asia, is far more profitable than it ever was in America and Europe. Blizzard has a gold mine with WOW. The only reason they would spent money to make a StarCraft 2 is the ROI from the Korean market will be massive. We Americans and Europeans are only along for the ride, but we are not the target audience. That was my point.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode
This comment was edited on May 22, 21:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: The new game May 22, 2007, 09:34 sponge

The problem with these kinds of games is that within a week or so, all the faggot little kids on the planet that play Starcraft2 will learn some cheesy faggot little strategy that 40% of faggots will use. This strategy will be so completely faggot that most people who just want to enjoy some competition and play against others will quickly realize that just like Tiberium Sun and other games before and after it; the homo boys will be making strats from the cheese factory.

Try not sucking at the game.

34. Re: No subject May 22, 2007, 05:32 axed

personally i would have greatly enjoyed a diablo world mmo. and if anyone thinks blizzard cant pull off 2 mmos please stop there, sony has been doing it for a while. if sony can at least do it, then blizzard can comfortably do it better. back to the starcraft talk, yes it does seem alot like the same damn game with a gfx overhaul and possibly more shit being calculated at once compared to the first.

if korean mmos are any indication of the korean gaming market (and they probably are there are a shitload of them) then koreans dont seem to care too much for quality, insted they seem to appreciate content (most korean mmos are just boring unoriginal grindfests). in other words, it seems what we consider mundane they enjoy, at least for gaming. so with that said blizzard wille easily release a hit there. as for here and europe... im sure they will make decent initial sales just based on the fact that they will pull in a lot of vet players (active or not) wanting to check it out, plus its blizzard so people generally trust them and buy blind.

and i didnt see Company of Heroes by Relic mentioned in this thread so ill mention it: superb strat game with 2 different sides/faction... each playing very differently than the other. so if thats what your into... this game is godly. plus the AI is pretty near perfect (except tanks... but thats being worked on) and each match is truly a memorable experience. quality fucking game (oh and the audio is excellent)

_____
mhmmm.

33. Re: No subject May 21, 2007, 22:24 nin

For one, it was a very obviously scripted demo.

And they've said it's in alpha...

-----------------------------------------------------
Listen, now: http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FLJoi4gjw2f/player.html

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: No subject May 21, 2007, 19:50 eunichron

Why not just allow them to do that instead of surrounding the target. The Terran Battlecruisers were wasting their special ability on small/easy targets instead of going after the big units. It seems the AI needs a better set of priority's.
For one, it was a very obviously scripted demo. For two, Blizzard RTS games have always been about micromanagement, i.e. you actually have to pay attention so that your battlecruisers are not wasting their special abilities on easy targets. And if that bugs you, then it's quite simple, you just prefer macromanagement over micromanagement. And there's nothing wrong with that. Given that you liked TA over SC, I'm guessing that is the case.

31. Re: The new game May 21, 2007, 18:33 Cram

A little too much WoW lately actually.

Examples?

30. Re: Worth noting May 21, 2007, 18:26 Howin

I wonder if Zerglings will go ' kekekeke ' when they run now.

29. Re: Worth noting May 21, 2007, 18:01 TorTorden

Blizzard isn't making this game for Americans or Europeans.

Wich is one of the straws I can cling to as I hope it wont be a dumbed down to the common xbox\ps denominator.

----------------------------
Yes, I abuse grammar by opening my mouth.

28. Re: The new game May 21, 2007, 17:31 Howin

Blizzard enjoys making things as balanced as possible. I just think this time around any unfair strategies discovered by players will be dealt with somehow with patches.

Not too worried about it.

You must not play the World of Warcraft.

27. Re: The new game May 21, 2007, 16:58 Cram

Fair enough.

Blizzard enjoys making things as balanced as possible. I just think this time around any unfair strategies discovered by players will be dealt with somehow with patches.

Not too worried about it.

26. Re: The new game May 21, 2007, 16:55 kanniballl

Was a Zergling Rush considered cheap? Keep in mind if there is a defense against any cheap strategy then it really isn't cheap.

I considered it cheap and annoying. There was a "defense" to it, but from my foggy recollection it was a never-ending battle to counter it, and if 1 or 2 got through your SCVs would be toast at which point your beginning economy would suffer bigtime. So you'd be trying just to "recover" while your opponent would just keep pressing.

It was hard to come back from a well executed rush unless you had an ally nearby.

Personally, I liked playing it on the LAN back at college with some friends. Like 7 times out of 10 we'd have an agreement to not rush for 5 or 10 minutes.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

This comment was edited on May 21, 16:58.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

25. Re: The new game May 21, 2007, 16:49 Cram

Unlike most companies, Blizzard *usually* resolves anything like what you described (fucked strategies). Though I'm not a Starcraft expert on strategies, I don't think there could be many cheap as fuck ones left in the game if it's still so big in Korea and matches are indeed still televised. Was a Zergling Rush considered cheap? Keep in mind if there is a defense against any cheap strategy then it really isn't cheap.

24. Re: Video May 21, 2007, 16:36 Ihya

Problem is that Starcraft is trapped by the formula of its own success. That and the threat of South Korean declaring war against America if they fucked with their national pastime.

This comment was edited on May 21, 16:36.

23. The new game May 21, 2007, 16:33 Zephalephelah

The problem with these kinds of games is that within a week or so, all the faggot little kids on the planet that play Starcraft2 will learn some cheesy faggot little strategy that 40% of faggots will use. This strategy will be so completely faggot that most people who just want to enjoy some competition and play against others will quickly realize that just like Tiberium Sun and other games before and after it; the homo boys will be making strats from the cheese factory.

22. Re: Video May 21, 2007, 15:58 Masa

The video makes it look fun, at least.

That's all that really matters.

It seems to me the RTS genre has reached certain creative limits with itself, they need to make the best game possible to not be derivative.

This comment was edited on May 21, 15:59.

21. Re: Too Small May 21, 2007, 15:43 kanniballl

The main thing starcraft added was extremely different, yet still balanced, factions.

That's one of the main pros for me too.

Each side in StarCraft was radically different, from building structures to building troops to upgrading units. Yet no side overpowered the other.

This made the single player sessions all the more fun. Besides a decent story, you weren't bored out of your skull half-way through.

And multi-player matches were a hoot.

-Fry, Futurmama
This comment was edited on May 21, 15:45.

-Fry, Futurama

20. Video May 21, 2007, 15:33 Enahs

The video makes it look fun, at least.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

19. Worth noting May 21, 2007, 15:26 Kxmode

Blizzard isn't making this game for Americans or Europeans.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode

18. Re: No subject May 21, 2007, 15:26 The Half Elf

It was my understanding that once WoW was started development wise, everything else was put on hold. Source of this is from one of the WoW main developers saying 'we had to throw everything we had at WoW'.

I will say that some of the new abilities are nice. And I noticed the holographic Night Elf someone mentioned before heh. But overall the game seem'd very meh.
The few things that bug me is for example, how units will 'surround' a target, like the Marines, but at the end they were getting 2 and 3 deep and firing through the guys in front of them. Why not just allow them to do that instead of surrounding the target. The Terran Battlecruisers were wasting their special ability on small/easy targets instead of going after the big units. It seems the AI needs a better set of priority's.
Would be nice if you could scroll back more and see more of the battlefield. Or put in a way, that if you scroll out past a certain point, you can no longer give commands, but can get a better view of the map.

As for Starcraft vs Total Annihilation... sorry I still think TA has it all over Starcraft. There was nothing 'epic' about the last part of the video as the narrator said.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

17. Re: No subject May 21, 2007, 15:25 Masa

The idea behind SC:G seemed like X-COM: Enforcer to me. It might not have been that crappy, but the premise seemed to be on the same level of lameness.

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo