Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Lost Planet PC Demos

The promised demos for the PC edition of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition are now available, offering a DirectX 9 and a DirectX 10 sample of Capcom's Xbox 360 action game. The demo offers a pair of single-player levels, one set in an Akrid hive and one assaulting an ice pirate fortress. The DirectX 9 edition is available on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, FileShack, Fragland.net, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), Internode Games Network, and nZone. The DirectX 10 edition is available on 3D Downloads, 4players.de, ComputerGames.ro, FileFront, FileShack, Fragland.net, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), Internode Games Network, and nZone.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Finally played it! May 20, 2007, 22:54 Ant

I finally played it. Man, it's hard or maybe I just suck. Heh, the performance test shows 20 FPS even without FSAA and at 1280x1024 (highest I can go). DOH! My system with a GF 7950 GT KO (512 MB; PCIE) video card is outdated already haha.

Fun game, but hard. No save games? I couldn't pass both levels. The game reminded me of Starship Trooper in the first demo level. I won't get the full game.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: n00b alurt!!! May 17, 2007, 11:18 CJ_Parker

While strange it has no Uninstall option...do you people really not know how to use "Control panel > Add & Remove programs"?

You expect someone who doesn't know how to keep their DirectX updated to know that there actually is a control panel? Please... you're pushing it. We're talking about and to a bunch of frickin' uber n00bs here. Don't forget that.

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

47. Re: n00b alurt!!! May 16, 2007, 23:36 Krovven

Nice looking...that's about it. Control support is shit. I have custom controls, use them for all FPS (and most 3rd person) games...yet when I get in the little Mech thing...nope cant use them, gotta use the default controls.

Why is it that developers cant get proper mouse movement with console ports? The mouse control just sucks. Other recent game demo I tried that had this horrible problem was R6 Vegas.

While strange it has no Uninstall option...do you people really not know how to use "Control panel > Add & Remove programs"?

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Titan Quest-Immortal Throne & Day of Defeat Source.
This comment was edited on May 16, 23:40.

46. Re: n00b alurt!!! May 16, 2007, 21:47 Overon

Cliffski if you had read my mini review you would have seen my comments about the console buttons and I would have saved you from trying it for yourself.

I'm here to help.

Your friendly neighborhood bluesnews poster,
Overon

45. Re: Lost Planet Demo Lost Operating Syst May 16, 2007, 17:32 hiya

to uninstall, run the installer again. intuitive eh?

44. Re: n00b alurt!!! May 16, 2007, 16:53  cliffski 

fuck it, I'm a game developer and I didn't know anything about it, until I read this thread. Wish I hadn't bothered though, the game wasn't worth it.  
http://www.positech.co.uk

43. Re: Lost Planet Demo Lost Operating Syst May 16, 2007, 14:47  cliffski 

You got further than me before I uninstalled this piece of shit. Telling me to hit the 'B' button when I'm a PC gamer is just a fucking insult. If they cant be bothered to support PC resolutions and control schemes, or include an uninstaller for their demo, they can sod off and keep this half assed shit on the consoles where it belongs. I had no idea to reload, and gave up after I saw too many console controller buttons for my liking.
It takes time and money to port a game to the PC. Those who invest neither should not expect to get our money. If you cant port a game properly, just don't do it.

http://www.positech.co.uk

42. Re: n00b alurt!!! May 16, 2007, 12:27 CreamyBlood

Well CJ, in this case it can be understandable unless you 'know'. Pretty much every other driver, patch, and application in the computing world users a version numbering scheme of some sort.

DX9.0c does not (it does but it's not obvious). Why they didn't call it 9.0d, 9.0e, etc or something similar I don't know, but it's pretty confusing. So I can excuse the average person from not understanding this non-versioning system used for DX.

41. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 11:26 vacs

If you're getting .DLL errors on startup, maybe try here: http://www.m3fe.com/760/

That's not the recommanded way to do it. The latest DirectX updaters install more than just one new file.

The better way to do this is to download the complete package from Microsoft (links below) and install those.

To confirm: Also Windows Vista users need to update their DirectX 10 version!

40. n00b alurt!!! May 16, 2007, 11:26 CJ_Parker

Man, so many n00bs (3 tards in this thread alone) who can't even be arsed with the most basic and simple tasks of system maintenance like keeping their DirectX updated. It's no surprise that PC gaming is going down the shitter. Can't you n00bs just sell your PCs and get a new hobby please? No? What if I pay you to? Deal?

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

39. DirectX Update May 16, 2007, 11:22 vacs

The latest Directx update (April 2007) is required to play this demo:

Windows XP - DX9:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Windows Vista - DX10:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D2E2CAE1-6AEF-4A40-BD00-F0FB2A71E99F&displaylang=en

38. No subject May 16, 2007, 11:22 Daggz

For anyone having trouble running the demo under Win x64, it has now been found that it's the actual installer package used that does not like to run under either Win 2000 or Win x64. The demo itself runs just fine but it means bypassing the installer package version to get to it, which means the only alternative is to download the demo from Steam below:

http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=6530

Hope that helps anyone who suffered the same problems many of us have.

37. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 11:21 Optimaximal

They should have included the latest directx into the demo.
*They* [publishers] often do. It's the third-party download sites who often snip it out to reduce the download size.

36. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 10:38 SpectralMeat

Thanks Elf. That's what i needed. They should have included the latest directx into the demo.

Steam: SpectralMeat

35. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 10:34 Elf Shot The Food

If you're getting .DLL errors on startup, maybe try here: http://www.m3fe.com/760/

34. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 10:29 Wildone

I installed Vista yesterday, so far many incompatibilitys..I hav'nt tried all my games yet but I tried to load up 'Prey' and it gave me all sorts of error messages. Other non graphic related app's did'nt wanna load either. My widescreen monitor driver defaulted to generic and I had to jump thru alot of hoops to load up the correct driver. So far not impressed with Vista at all..

33. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 10:25 twlott

hello

i was wondering what your system is. Your frame rates are kind of low. mine are around 60fps

32. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 10:19 Flo

In other news: Vista sold 40 Million copies. Looks like they can pull off the directx 10 - vista monopoly...  
Supporter of the "Chewbacca Defense"

31. Re: unable to play game need help May 16, 2007, 09:13 Smoove

I honestly think it sets a new standard for just how console to PC ports should be handled, it's nay perfect mind (no widescreen support, button configs are a tad iffy, save system? etc) but overall it's a damn impressive demo.

No widescreen support!?!? Now that's just sloppy... the 360 version was designed with widescreen HDTV support in mind.

30. Re: No subject May 16, 2007, 09:06 SpectralMeat

I meant the update for DX10 not the actual DX10.
I am getting an error message in the demo again under Vista that it is missing some files, and under XP that was fixed ones i installed the april update of DX9.

Steam: SpectralMeat

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo