Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

New Wolfenstein Game Revealed

Local Company Takes Video Games To Next Level reveals that Raven seems to be working on a new game in id Software's Wolfenstein series (thanks Ant and Planet Wolfenstein). This follows a comment from John Carmack earlier this year (story) saying, "The company is pursuing Wolfenstein, Doom and Quake franchises with other partner developers." The article focuses on the participation of an actress local to Raven's Madison, WI offices in the creation of the game, almost off-handedly saying: "The company is currently working on a new game based on the 'Wolfenstein' series, and with newer motion-capture technology, it is working with a local actress to be the character in its movie." The article also mentions this actress' face will be used as the face of her character, "an elite force assassin." The other detail about the game project comes near the end: "The game won't come out until sometime in 2008, but the name and many other details about it are being kept secret, which is just one clue at how competitive this industry has become."

View
64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

64. Re: Lame! May 16, 2007, 21:35 maplebob

Besides, females aren't allowed in elite forces today, and they sure as hell weren't part of them back in WW2.

What about Ilsa? The She Wolf of the SS?

Actually, it seems rather strange that Hitler based his religion around Wagner's operas and women were pretty much seen to be for breeding and not Valkyries.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

63. Re: Blegh May 14, 2007, 22:39 Creston

Make another Jedi Knight Game

Signed. Please?

Take away all the gore and blood and the core gameplay just isn't there; very very shallow stuff

Eh? What kind of "gameplay" are we talking about here? It's a SHOOTER! You aim at things, hit the mouse button, and they fall down either in very satisfying fashions (ie, FEAR) or in horribly retarded fashions (ie, Half Life 2). Personally I thought the feel of the weapons was nigh on perfect in SoF2, the level design was good, the baddies were pretty interesting, and it had a good variety of environments to blast your way through. At the time, it even looked fucking great.

Seriously, what did you want in a shooter? More sneaking? More hanging from ceilings, waiting for an oblivious guard to walk by so you can break his neck with your legs? More commandeering of your squad?

People don't like SoF, fine, it's probably an acquired game, but I really don't understand bitching about the "core gameplay."

Creston

62. sounds like.... May 14, 2007, 12:49 N

sounds like an sof2 clone no tnx

61. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 14, 2007, 10:44 Jerykk

Google ftw

60. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 14, 2007, 02:09 zirik

The elite Nazi chicks in RtCW had nekkid patches too. Hell, pretty much any female in any game has a nude patch available.

i missed that one. where do you find these things?

59. Re: No subject May 14, 2007, 01:50 Elf Shot The Food

They got folded into Treyarch, if memory serves.

58. No subject May 14, 2007, 01:17 Shooters fanboy

RTCW was fun, great texture art for its time. So what happened to Xatrix entertainment?

57. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 13, 2007, 15:17 Jerykk

ponders naked assasin mods... that would probably be the first one out there when this game comes out.

The elite Nazi chicks in RtCW had nekkid patches too. Hell, pretty much any female in any game has a nude patch available.

56. No subject May 13, 2007, 12:57 venomhed

That is very interesting, and I can think of nothing positive by having that "feature" and people that abuse it, if traceable, should be removed.

Then again it's the internet, who am I kidding.

Thanks again.

55. Re: No subject May 13, 2007, 12:19 Ray Marden

It is a known issue with the current version of (old) software that is run on the site.

You can have identical post names, but it does, technically, keep track of unique accounts. If you mose over the suspect name, you will notice a large disparity in the number of posts.
It will not be fixed unless Stephen pays for the upgrades.
Likewise, you can go into your settings screen and change your display name to any other name you want - your post total will remain, but you will suddenly have a "new" name.

Shrugging,
Ray

-----
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

54. Re: Masa May 13, 2007, 11:45 Bone43

"That level at the airfield was one of the most fun levels I've played in a modern FPS."

I agree I thought it was a good game and MP was fun also.

Raven and Quake 4 was the huge let-down for me.

53. Re: Masa May 13, 2007, 11:34 Elf Shot The Food

I thought RtCW was a fairly good game, but it had too many stretches where you fought slow-moving zombies and monsters that took 1,000 bullets to kill. When it stuck to having you fighting human enemies, it was quite enjoyable.

That level at the airfield was one of the most fun levels I've played in a modern FPS.

52. Masa May 13, 2007, 11:25 venomhed

And it just so happens that after two insane posts, Masa just HAPPENS to be the one right after them.

Great......

51. No subject May 13, 2007, 11:23 venomhed

I logon here to see that my name is in use? I did NOT write those previous posts, and as some of you could tell, that is not my style.

What is really weird is that i can get into my Blues account and changed my password.

What is going on here? How'd someone get in my account?

50. Re: Lame! May 13, 2007, 11:06 Ray Marden

I realize I am in the minority, but I really enjoyed RtCW. I thought it was a decent update of a simple shooter and it was just "fun" to play. The MP that spawned from it did not hurt either.

Having said that...Raven? /Meh I loved Hexen/Heretic and I was mildly amused by SoF, but Raven makes some of the most formulaic, generic games these days. As far as I am concerned, it made a by-the-books ST game, some weak, generic JK games, a terribly bland Quake game, and has been piddling around with consoles and/or the Marvel license.
I finally bought Q4 for $15. It wasn't worth the money.
The whole s3XXXXXzing it up thing...is just stupid.

Going to be pleasantly surprised if it is original in any way,
Ray

-----
http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=ray_marden
http://www.livejournal.com/users/raymarden/
I love you, mom.

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

49. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 13, 2007, 10:13 zirik

Fixed

cliffy's fanboy

48. No Robot Hitler? May 13, 2007, 10:13 Vinquus

No Robot Hitler, No Purchase.

47. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 13, 2007, 10:09 MeatForce

cliffy likes to take time with the ladies. thats why it took him 8 hours to undress the chic in unreal 2.

why did he even think of doing that!? i thought cliffy was the ladies man? now it seems he is just another the only nerd who cant can get laid.

Fixed

As shallow as it was, I had a great time with RtCW.

I'm not really a fan of Raven's stuff for the most part though. Their games tend to fall just shy of greatness IMO -- many fine moments held back by an overwhelming number of poor design choices and/or mediocre gameplay.. that said, I'm still willing to take a peek at what they do simply because when they do manage something good, it's really good. I'll certainly give this one a look based on that.

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
This comment was edited on May 13, 10:09.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

46. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 13, 2007, 09:22 zirik

Can't be any worse then Cliffy B stating that the female chick in Unreal 2 could be made topless within 8 hours.

cliffy likes to take time with the ladies. thats why it took him 8 hours to undress the chic in unreal 2.

why did he even think of doing that!? i thought cliffy was the ladies man? now it seems he is just another nerd who cant get laid.

45. Re: ponders naked assasin mods... May 13, 2007, 09:07 The Half Elf

Can't be any worse then Cliffy B stating that the female chick in Unreal 2 could be made topless within 8 hours.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

64 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo