Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

C&C3 Patch Plans

The EA Support Forums now offer the change notes for the upcoming version 1.05 patch for Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (thanks Ant and Command and Conquer DEN). Though these are called the full patch notes in the header, a note within clarifies: "The notes below do not encompass all of the technical bug fixes in this patch but they do include the primary fixes that would be most visually apparent to you." Included will be hoped for changes in left-click mouse options.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Pretty significant patch May 13, 2007, 01:03 Jerykk

I mean, if a game company is making such sweeping changes after release, it means there wasn't much of a design plan to begin with, you know?

Pretty much all RTSes undergo several significant rebalancing patches after release. It's inevitable as players constantly discover new exploits and tactics. If an RTS doesn't get any rebalancing patches, it probably means that the publisher/developer don't care about the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Pretty significant patch May 12, 2007, 15:45 Charlie_Six

In my opinion, the massive changes in this upcoming patch means the game is probably very broken and can't be salvaged. I mean, if a game company is making such sweeping changes after release, it means there wasn't much of a design plan to begin with, you know? And trying to shoehorn a plan into a game after release usually doesn't work.

Still, I hope the patch does improve the game so it can be taken seriously. The art is great I hate the "money income" sound though. Blip Blip Blip Blip Blip Blip Blip

Adventures of a video game mercenary
http://virtualmerc.blogspot.com

7. Re: No subject May 12, 2007, 09:43 Slink

Still no fix for Linksys routers... not worth my attention.

My Steam Community link:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/slinkfsu

6. Re: No subject May 12, 2007, 07:58 Armengar

2 grand is not really a nerf to railguns.

They should have made the railguns a purchaseable upgrade PER TANK (in a similar way you could buy drones in generals)

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

5. Re: No subject May 11, 2007, 18:32 Jerykk

What they should do is make the railguns a more meaningful upgrade. Right now, there's absolutely no reason not to upgrade to them. They need to be balanced with some kind of downside. They slowed down the firing rate of the railgun in the patch but they negated that by increasing the damage at the same time.

4. No subject May 11, 2007, 17:20 Optimaximal

They've nerfed the Mammoth Tanks, what with their speed, rocket power & fire rate decrease. And they've added 2 grand to the cost of railguns.

3. Re: Pretty significant patch May 11, 2007, 16:17 Jerykk

Bit too early to tell. The game is definitely pretty shallow so I don't suspect the multiplayer will have much longevity.

2. Re: Pretty significant patch May 11, 2007, 15:17 Mr Gar

I've watched some matches online and they mostly last 10-15 minutes and end in mass Venom or Mammouth rushes. Pretty shallow stuff compared to the epic matches of COH I've played.

Has C&C3 really got any lasting appeal online?

1. Pretty significant patch May 11, 2007, 14:22 Jerykk

Lots of balance changes. Looks like the GDI Commando unit isn't so useless anymore since it can't be run over. Still, it wouldd be much more effective if it were stealthed ala the hero units in Generals. Also interesting to see that Carryalls have been buffed up and APCs sped up, along with faster Engineers. This might mean that the engineer rush might be a viable tactic again. Oh and the missile infantry has been significantly buffed. I'm hoping they didn't overcompensate and make them too powerful, otherwise tanks will end up being pretty worthless.

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo