Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CellFactor Revolution Released

CellFactor Revolution is now available, the full release of Artificial Studios' first-person is a free release to promote the AGEIA PhysX hardware it is designed to support. The 860 MB download is available on 3D Downloads, ComputerGames.ro, FanGaming, FileFront, Gameguru Mania, Gamer's Hell, GameSpot (registration required), and Strategy Informer.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Sweet baby Jebus May 11, 2007, 14:00 Fantaz

Sad indeed.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Sweet baby Jebus May 10, 2007, 11:30 4D-Boxing

I forgot to add that I do won a PhysX card ...how sad is that!

23. my results May 9, 2007, 15:04 Buttercup

I'm running an AMD Dual Core 3800+, GeForce 7900, 1gb RAM, and the game played with a barely tolerable framerate at 1024x768.

There were like eight things that could be tossed around and they all behaved stupidly. Color me both unimpressed and not really giving a damn about the future of physics processing hardware.

22. LMFAO May 9, 2007, 11:34 Eldaron Imotholin

This game ran pretty CRAP on my rather new system:

Dual Core AMD 4.2ghz
1gig DDR (quick ram, pretty new)
Radeon 1950XTX

'nough info. Shouldn't run as it does with that system, period. Crapgame anyway..

Playing: Skyrim, World of Warcraft.
Future: Dead Space 3.

21. Re: Sweet baby Jebus May 9, 2007, 10:50 4D-Boxing

Wow...now I know why this was free lol!!!

Still saving up for a new CPU but I have an x2 4800+ 2 gigs of ram and 2 8800GTX running in SLI. At 1900x1200 with HDR the performance is not even close to being acceptable.

Only tested it for a few minites this morning will try again tonight but I doubt things will improve.

20. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 23:39 Overon

I played with out a physx card and the physics of everything is all wonky and unrealistic.

19. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 18:30 CJ_Parker

I see intelligent communication is alive and kicking on teh interwebs today...

Yes, Sir! Very much so, Sir!

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

18. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 18:25 Asmodai

Aw, man. You're sooo cute when you're red in the face. Will you let me play with your thingie if I give you some candy. After I'm done with your mom that is. Bwahahaha.

I see intelligent communication is alive and kicking on teh interwebs today...

17. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 18:21 DrEvil

Free or not, it's not very fun. We lanned it 5 players here at work for a while today. I think it sets a new low for worlds worst air vehicle controls. Pushing piles of boxes around is neat for a minute or two, after that it has nothing. The vehicles in general are 100% useless. Bad performance is to be expected, but the gameplay just isn't worth a shit. To each their own. If you enjoy it that's cool.

This comment was edited on May 8, 18:25.

16. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 17:35 CJ_Parker

Nice try fuckhead, especially considering I'm probably older than you. Fucking queer.

Aw, man. You're sooo cute when you're red in the face. Will you let me play with your thingie if I give you some candy. After I'm done with your mom that is. Bwahahaha.

*** Born to troll ***

15. No subject May 8, 2007, 17:30 Hump

I have a lower-to-mid range system (4000+ AMD Dual core, 7800GT GeForce, 2 gigs Ram) and it just hammers it.

I disagree that the game sucks per se (particularly seeing its free) its just that one needs a really beefy rig to run it properly even on the levels without the PhysX being needed. Otherwise it seems like it'd be a pretty fun deathmatch game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

14. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 17:03 DrEvil

Nice try fuckhead, especially considering I'm probably older than you. Fucking queer.

It needed a reboot, which can normally be ignored for most games that ask. It's playable after, and still a horrible game. Nothing to see here.

13. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 16:52 CJ_Parker

This running like dog shit for anyone else? Duel core 3.2 GHz, 3G of Ram and a 7800GTX. Doesn't seem to be GPU related. Seems pointless to have a software mode if its unplayable.

The whole idea of this shit is to make kiddies like you whine and bitch about the poor performance so mommy buys them a mad leet physX card. Too bad your mom's kinda busy right now sucking my willy so no A-gay card for you, Sir, I'm afraid .

*** Born to troll ***

12. Re: No subject May 8, 2007, 16:20 DrEvil

This running like dog shit for anyone else? Duel core 3.2 GHz, 3G of Ram and a 7800GTX. Doesn't seem to be GPU related. Seems pointless to have a software mode if its unplayable.

nm guess this is a game that needed a reboot.

horrible game though.

This comment was edited on May 8, 16:50.

11. No subject May 8, 2007, 16:18 Elf Shot The Food

If your computer is even slightly-old and you don't have a PhysX card, don't even think about trying this.

10. No subject May 8, 2007, 16:04 Hump

there should be a hack within a few days to remove the physX requirement for the other three maps

I am a Blues Nazi.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

9. Re: No PhysX? May 8, 2007, 16:00 Buttercup

Thanks. Does the card have to be manually disabled or is this explained in the game?

8. Hmmm May 8, 2007, 15:42 venomhed

Smells like the days of Adlib.

Biggest problem is this. Too expensive for a proprietary card, period.

The GPU card makers will soon incorporate this functionality and there isn't anyone on this planet that can tell me a Dual core or Quad Core couldn't handle this exclusively?

AGEIA = Idiots.

7. Re: No PhysX? May 8, 2007, 15:26 thumbdrive

2 of the levels can be played without a physX ppu, the other 3 require the card to be installed to play them.

6. Re: No PhysX? May 8, 2007, 14:13 Elf Shot The Food

You don't need the hardware to play the game. There's a "software" mode too.

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo