Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Q&As

• Lord of the Rings Online
    The Lord of the Rings Online Q&A on WarCry discuses the launch of the MMORPG with Turbine's Jeffrey Steefel in part nine (the fightin' ninth!) of their 434-part series Ask Turbine. In the article-format Q&A, Steefel seems reasonably satisfied with the game's launch, scoring it a nine out of 10.
  • RealNetworks
    Picking casual gaming's top model on The Hollywood Reporter is an interview with Erik Goossens of RealNetworks about the casual gaming market: "Today most of the revenue comes from customers paying for games, either one at a time or on a subscription basis. But I believe the in-game ad model will be a big driver of revenue going forward. Another model is taking place in China, where people don't generally own their own computers. So they go to cafes and play games there, which means that downloading a game to own doesn't make a lot of sense. Instead, the micro-transaction model has become popular in casual games. I believe that's an area where our industry is going to figure out how to put that in front of the existing U.S. audience over the next two or three years and really take it to the next level. I refer to that as the 'Casual Games 2.0' strategy. "

View
2. Re: 9th Ask a Dev LotRO May 6, 2007, 19:43 Zoso

They had 11 servers to start open beta and two weeks after launch they still have 11 servers. I would have to say Turbine has to be a bit disapointed on the turn out.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 6, 15:41 9th Ask a Dev LotRO Fion
>> 2. May 6, 19:43  Re: 9th Ask a Dev LotRO Zoso
  3. May 6, 22:28   Re: 9th Ask a Dev LotRO AcidDrone
  4. May 7, 01:12    Re: 9th Ask a Dev LotRO PJ
  7. May 7, 14:52  Re: 9th Ask a Dev LotRO Kxmode
  5. May 7, 05:05 No subject manic half
  6. May 7, 14:48  Re: No subject Kxmode

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo