Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Legal Briefs

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: SCO Apr 30, 2007, 15:31 Zathrus

I'll believe it when it happens. It's been years now, and they're still hanging on, sadly...

That's because the trial, from the outset, wasn't scheduled to actually go to court until this year. Add in a few motions and it's been set for October of this year for several years now -- so far it's all discovery, fact finding, etc.

The only chance it'll end early is if one of the SCO v IBM or Novell v SCO judges lets rules on a summary judgment request (particularly the Novell one, which would completely eviscerate SCO's claims in the IBM case).

Really the only question is which will happen first -- a ruling against SCO or them running out of money first. Sadly, it's looking like the latter. I'd much rather see this go to court and be ruled on for precedent reasons.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: SCO Apr 30, 2007, 12:21 Tigger

Only because they extorted money from business in exchange for 'Linux licenses' and a nice cash infusion from Microsoft.

SCO just got a letter from Nasdaq about their terrible stock price and even SCO admits it doesn't have too much money left.

If all the news and research is true and Novell gets its summary judgement, then its all over.

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 16:16.

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

2. Re: SCO Apr 30, 2007, 11:33 nin

Very soon.

I'll believe it when it happens. It's been years now, and they're still hanging on, sadly...

-----------------------------------------------------
Listen, now: http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FLJoi4gjw2f/player.html

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. SCO Apr 30, 2007, 11:22 Tigger

Ah, SCO. My very first linux distro was Caldera OpenLinux. I think I'll hold onto the CDs and Manual because it looks like SCO is going away. Very soon.  

--
Tigger
Vic Fontaine for President

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo