Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sam & Max Season Finale on GameTap

GameTap announces Sam & Max: Bright Side of the Moon is now live:

ATLANTA – April 26, 2007 – Today members of Turner Broadcasting’s broadband entertainment network GameTap get exclusive access to the highly-anticipated Sam & Max: Season 1 final episode “Bright Side of the Moon.” This culminates six months and six episodes of hilarious crime-fighting adventure that have raised the bar on innovation in the videogame industry and truly defined episodic gaming.

“Before we embarked on this experiment with Telltale, ‘episodic gaming’ was a concept that no one had ever put terms around,” said Ricardo Sanchez, GameTap’s vice president of content. “We structured Sam & Max: Season 1 in the TV model because it’s a form that people are already familiar with. In the end, it has been a phenomenal success for us both.”

In this, the sixth and final episode of Season 1, Sam & Max embark on a lunar adventure to save the earth from a horrifying fate: an eternity of perpetual bliss. From the first episode of the season, “Culture Shock,” which was named a Top 10 Videogame of 2006 by The New York Times, to “Reality 2.0,” the most recent episode, Sam & Max have fought a wave of bizarre hypnoses that infiltrated the media, the mafia, the United States government, and even the Internet. Now, Sam & Max must destroy the mastermind behind these mind-control schemes once and for all.

The complete Sam & Max series contains six episodes that each stand alone, but that have an overall story arch tying them together. Today on GameTap, all six episodes are available in their entirety, along with on-demand extras like the 1997 Sam & Max hit cartoon series and all-new Sam & Max machinima shorts.

Screenshots and teaser videos from the entire season are available for viewing at www.gametap.com/samandmax and Telltale also offers individual purchase of episodes 1-5 at www.telltale.com.

Sign up today at www.gametap.com and your first month of service is only 99 cents.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: GameTap Apr 28, 2007, 13:35 Bet

How would Gametap users rate the service?

The reincarnation of the Sega Channel, except it's exponentially better. An overload of seriously awesome games mixed in with oldschool nostalgia. Between the games I own and the games available on GameTap I don't have enough time to play everything I feel like at any given moment.

Fast downloads and modern games mean it's taking up 20 gigs on one of my partitions, hah.

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 13:36.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Finale Apr 27, 2007, 14:48 Kxmode

I wonder if they'll do some sort of cliffhanger thing to get players to come back for Season two. Works for television.

-----
http://www.gamemusicjukebox.com/
http://music.download.com/kxmode

7. Looking at Gametap's list.... Apr 27, 2007, 05:06 Icewind

Hmmm, no Ultima 7? I'll stick with Exult.

6. No subject Apr 27, 2007, 02:59 Sepharo

It's seriously too much. GameTap overwhelms me. It's that good!

I find it hard to make time for non-gametap games. I don't mind playing classic games for the rest of my life and not to mention the main reason I signed up ... Sam and Fuckin Max.

5. Doh! Apr 27, 2007, 01:52 sponge

I haven't even gotten a chance to start Episode 5 yet, and 6 I'm going to be getting soon? Arr! Not enough hours in the week I say.

4. Re: GameTap Apr 27, 2007, 01:24 Kamakazie

I got a year's subscription when Sam & Max Ep1 first went up; the service has an amazing library of games including many old DOS games that just refuse to run on XP and some games that are more or less impossible to find otherwise (I finally got to play Last Express). Some of the console emulation is done a bit iffy, but overall I'd say Gametap is excellent.
This comment was edited on Apr 27, 01:24.

3. Re: GameTap Apr 27, 2007, 00:54 MrAsh

I've had it almost since the beginning and love it. True, the online play for games that weren't meant to have it like SF3:Alpha is akin to play through Kali online. But the fact it has tons of games like Baldur's Gate, Deus Ex, and Torment without me having to keep discs around is great. And they're moving into Saturn emulation too - Bug was just released. This isn't counting the exclusives.

Overall I'd easily recommend it, especially for the price.

2. Re: GameTap Apr 27, 2007, 00:31 Elf Shot The Food

How would Gametap users rate the service? I've looked at the site and the fees seem good, but they also seem to have a lot of shovelware.

1. GameTap Apr 26, 2007, 23:55 Staunch

I'd probably love to have GameTap if only it wasn't US and Canada only.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo