Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Into the Black

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 15:19 Enahs

I think the best laptop would then be a cheap, if you do not need it for games. The ones that are $600 or less. They come with nice monitors, 512mb memory and 80gb hard drive usually.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 10:44 Warhawk

For quality, I like the Apple laptops.

We are not getting an apple - we both use PCs at work and are effectively "non-apple" folk.

The only laptop I have is an old Compaq a friend gave me for free, so I have never really shopped for one....

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Sunday, April 22, 2007

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

5. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 09:20 kanniballl

Any suggestions on buying a laptop?

For quality, I like the Apple laptops. The IBM Thinkpads were also great, but I don't have any experience with the Lenovo-brand Thinkpads. But in either case, they're more expensive than some want to pay (plus a MacBook Reg or Pro isn't for everybody).

Price-wise Dell offers some decent rigs, but the physical quality of some of their Inspirons feel weaker than Happy Meal toys. Honestly, I always have to treat mine with kid gloves.

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurmama

"Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you."
-Fry, Futurama

4. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 03:09 MeatForce

I see Meatforce is back. How was the trip Meat? I can't remember exactly where you went but I do remember it was a better place than where I've been.

LOL! Thanks for asking, WP Was in Costa Rica for a couple of weeks. I've been lucky enough to see most of Central America, but my girlfriend has never been anywhere more exotic than NYC before, so the whole thing was a real treat for her.. such a great place!

Monkeys, beaches, jungles, hammocks, G&Ts....

Tons of stories, but I'll at least post a link to some pics when I get a chance -- been busy catching up on all the juice I missed while I was away (I notice TwinkBoy is MIA at last!)

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

3. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 01:10 Warhawk

Any suggestions on buying a laptop?

Need one for the wife - no games to be played on it. Want something reliable and easy to use. Don't need any extra features or doodads. She's going to use it for working on her kinder classroom stuff and keep it on a phone/computer desk in the kitchen area.

I would think a nice screen, quality, plenty of memory and HD space would be the biggest pluses. Any brands to look for/avoid?

Thanks!

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Sunday, April 22, 2007

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

2. Kinda nice... Apr 24, 2007, 00:23 The Half Elf

Having no ads the last 2 days

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. No subject Apr 23, 2007, 23:48 WarPig

I see Meatforce is back. How was the trip Meat? I can't remember exactly where you went but I do remember it was a better place than where I've been.

GO SEAHAWKS!

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo