Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

And the forecast calls for the 80s today, so in typical New York City fashion, we enter summer after two days of spring. I'm not ready to complain, as it is just beautiful out there.

Summery Links! Thanks Ant.
Link of the Morning: Yuugou Case Mod.
Stories: Police Capture Sunbathing Alligator on New York's Long Island. Thanks brother19.
Bar lets diners tipple from IV tubes. Thanks Mike Martinez.
Media: Nazi Robot Attack. Thanks Doug. Awesome, though set in the (very shallow) Pacific for some reason.
Death of an Old Computer - Norwegian Army Style. We'll know who to call when the 286s attack.
Anti Car Jacking Device - The Serious One.
Teh Funny: Dilbert.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: No subject Apr 24, 2007, 02:36 Masa

An armed person is a citizen. An unarmed one is a subject.

The wild wild west days are long long loong gone in America.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Time lapse video Apr 24, 2007, 00:04 Warhawk

Will you take $3.50?

Uh, no.

Thanks for playing, try again.

We've actually had good traffic with potential buyers, just no real offers coming through yet. Lots of folks looking, we just need one of them to bite.

http://house-update.blogspot.com/

Last update: Sunday, April 22, 2007

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away? - Ripley

23. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 23:09 Masa

Anyone want to buy a ±11-year old starter home in Elk Grove, CA?

Will you take $3.50?

Feeling frisky tonight, so I'll offer you $4.00.

(I'm going to ignore the fact that the Nazis were not "fascists", a term weakened by people's propensity to attach it to any ideology they don't like)

Eh, by just about any definition they were. Any college intro-level course to political science or text book classifies them as such.

What's interesting though is if someone were to classify fascism along the lines of what occurred in Nazi Germany and Mussolini's Italy, that definition could easily extend to Franklin Roosevelt. The National Industry Recovery Act reorganized America's economy into something like a corporate state, much like Italy's at the time. He also commissioned an Office of Censorship and the OSS, imprisoned Japanese Americans in prison camps, etc etc. I mean, short of shooting train conductors for late trains and directly instituting ghettos, America was about as fascist as any state at the time.

Gun Control isn't about guns. It's about control.

Sure is. One of the imperatives of the American economy is you can't impede big business, which is what gun control would do.

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 23:20.

22. Re: Time lapse video Apr 23, 2007, 22:45 Enahs

Will you take $3.50?

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

21. Re: Time lapse video Apr 23, 2007, 22:20 Warhawk

Warhawk:
Now that the outside is basically all done, and all that we could see from a time lapse video; what is the ETA until the finish work is done and you will move in?

They are working on stucco right now (can't see it in the photos - mostly the rear of the house and the opposite side of the house from where the camera is) and still need to paint the siding. He also needs to place the concrete sidewalks after power and telephone service is established on our property - they need to set a new power/phone pole.

On the inside, sheetrocking is complete and a primer/prep coat was being applied today. Texturing is tomorrow, I think. Painting will come soon. Cabinets are still a few weeks out, as is flooring.

The latest time frame I have is probably end of May or early June. I'm anticipating being in at 4th of July at the very latest, but it shouldn't come to that.

Frankly, until we sell our house, he can take as long as he likes.

Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone. - GLaDOS

20. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 21:51 MeatForce

I just like the phrase "mass-murdering fuckhead" and wish I could work it into the conversation more often.

.. maybe you just need to hang-out with a different crowd of people. Try vegetarians and painters, for a start

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.
This comment was edited on Apr 23, 21:53.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

19. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 20:57 nin

LMAO!! Such a good bit, that one -- thanks for the laughs, nin

I just like the phrase "mass-murdering fuckhead" and wish I could work it into the conversation more often.

-----------------------------------------------------
Listen, now: http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FLJoi4gjw2f/player.html

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

18. Re: Time lapse video Apr 23, 2007, 19:16 Enahs

Warhawk:
Now that the outside is basically all done, and all that we could see from a time lapse video; what is the ETA until the finish work is done and you will move in?

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields

17. Re: Time lapse video Apr 23, 2007, 18:51 Warhawk

Warhawk was so busy with his house he didn't notice the aliens landing on his front lawn

It's not aliens, it's a miniature submarine for dwarves....

And one day you all will remember that the beached dwarf sub is on my SISTER's property. Just 'cause it is in the photo does not make it mine.

16. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 17:38 MeatForce

“Get up in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death – lunch- death, death, death - afternoon tea - death, death, death - quick shower…"

LMAO!! Such a good bit, that one -- thanks for the laughs, nin

-----
It may be that one day a young man will adore a Pinata.
www.hammiestudios.com is nothing but motherfucking spam. Try www.stileproject.com instead.

-----
I'm not even angry. I'm being so sincere right now, even though you broke my heart and killed me.

15. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 17:25 dubfanatic

Talk about invoking Godwin's Law from the very start...

Haha, no kidding. But honestly, what do we expect from someone who shoots squirrels, raves about the dangers of "geef", and spends most of his time posting throw-away one-liner comments on Blues News (and probably other sites too)?

Start using your cognitive capacity for more than looking up quotes and using those as a substitute for actual thought.

And the rest of the world is definitely moving to more of a fascist police state then ever before.

Guess which country is leading the charge? I don't think you'll like the answer very much. (I'm going to ignore the fact that the Nazis were not "fascists", a term weakened by people's propensity to attach it to any ideology they don't like)

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 17:30.

14. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 16:26 Tango

Heh and to think I always had you pegged as a gun control advocate. I stand corrected

13. Re: Time lapse video Apr 23, 2007, 15:27 banddirector

Warhawk was so busy with his house he didn't notice the aliens landing on his front lawn

It's not aliens, it's a miniature submarine for dwarves....

-----------------------------------
Is Vista just Windows XP Service Pack 3 with eye candy?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

12. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 14:34 Cutter

Yeah, and we know how that worked out for them...

He was right though. Germany was safer and more efficient. And the rest of the world is definitely moving to more of a fascist police state then ever before.

"No no no, I went the other road. Six figures, doing business with leadpipe cruelty, mercenery sensibility. You know... sports, sex, no real relationships. How about you - how have the years been treating you?"
- Martin Q. Blank

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

11. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 14:21 xXBatmanXx

Anyway, sounds to me like an occation to have a White Russian or 3.

We were at the local Broadway Pizza last night and I noticed someone ordered one close by - it looked so good I COULD TASTE IT.

I almost ordered one - but now I HAVE TO have one.....or 5.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

10. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 14:08 Jim

I am sure everyone has heard - but "Boris is dead Jim"

They're always telling *me* when someone is dead. Dammit Batman I'm Jim not the coroner.

Anyway, sounds to me like an occation to have a White Russian or 3.

Jim

9. No subject Apr 23, 2007, 13:45 xXBatmanXx

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead in the future!" - Adolf Hitler 1935

Disarm those who MAY oppose you in the future - and you will have no enemies within your borders. It eventually turned into a law that only banned weapons from Jews.

Anyway. It was a sig - not a comment about a discussion.

They were Nazi's Dude?
Come on Donny they were threatening castration!

This comment was edited on Apr 23, 13:47.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 13:08 nin

And Hitler ended up in a ditch, covered in petrol, on fire, so, that's fun! I think that's funny, ‘cause he was a mass-murdering fuckhead. And that was his honeymoon as well! Double trouble!

"Eva, let's marry."

"Where should our honeymoon be?"

"Well, in a ditch, covered in petrol, on fire. I've already arranged it upstairs."

"Oh, how romantic, Adolf."

"Yes, I thought!"

Fun! What a bastard! And he was a vegetarian, and a painter, so he must have been going, "I can't get the fucking trees… Damn! I will kill everyone in the world!"

And he was a mass-murdering fuckhead, as many important historians have said. But there were other mass murderers that got away with it! Stalin killed many millions, died in his bed, well done there; Pol Pot killed 1.7 million Cambodians, died under house arrest at age 72, well done indeed! And the reason we let them get away with it is because they killed their own people, and we're sort of fine with that. “Ah, help yourself,” you know? “We've been trying to kill you for ages!” So kill your own people, right on there. Seems to be… Hitler killed people next door... “Oh… stupid man!” After a couple of years, we won't stand for that, will we?

Pol Pot killed 1.7 million people. We can't even deal with that! You know, we think if somebody kills someone, that's murder, you go to prison. You kill 10 people, you go to Texas, they hit you with a brick, that's what they do. 20 people, you go to a hospital, they look through a small window at you forever. And over that, we can't deal with it, you know? Someone's killed 100,000 people. We're almost going, "Well done! You killed 100,000 people? You must get up very early in the morning. I can't even get down the gym! Your diary must look odd: “Get up in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death – lunch- death, death, death - afternoon tea - death, death, death - quick shower…"

7. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 13:03 Zathrus

Yeah, and we know how that worked out for them..

And so do the British, Canada, and numerous others last I checked.

Talk about invoking Godwin's Law from the very start...

6. Re: No subject Apr 23, 2007, 12:39 nin

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead in the future!" - Adolf Hitler 1935

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo