Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Infinity Ward Announcement Next Week

A new Infinity Ward Update teases an announcement the Call of Duty developer seems to have in the works for next Saturday (thanks FiringSquad). Word is:

<boring update>

Insert boring update about some mundane 'what we're doing' detail that no one actually cares about (such as new employees or kleenex testing) because they're just reading these updates for the glimpse hope that we'll slip and say something we're not suppose to about our next title, or that we're going to allude to the fact that maybe, just maybe something that actually is interesting is coming up in the near future (and by near future I mean next Saturday).

</boring update>

Amazing Things To Happen On April 28th:

1758 - James Monroe, 5th President of the United States is born.

1788 - Maryland becomes the seventh state to ratify the Constitution of the United States.

1932 - A vaccine for yellow fever is announced for use on humans.

(Then nothing really happened for a long time.... but now....)

2007 - What goes down this April 28th is equal to, if not surpasses, the magnitude of any of those.

Whose ready?!

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

46. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2007, 22:26 Bet

to be honest i would like to see a ww1 game, with mustard gas and bayonets and trench warefare and what not.

im not sure if all of that could be made into a 'fun' game but eh.

It could be, if it's done right.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

45. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 22, 2007, 16:17 Masa

Seconded. No way in hell am I ever letting Vista anywhere near any equipment in my possession.

My experience with it so far as been pretty positive all things considered. I don't let it see the internet, of course...

As far as recurring overused historical settings are considered, particularly in space captain's case, it really doesn't bother they keep making games set in WW2, but the same thing is used over and over again, only improved in graphics and marginally in gameplay (CoD 3 was pretty kickass).

God knows the publishers have covered all the offensives against the Nazis available in the encyclopedias by now.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 16:23.

44. No subject Apr 22, 2007, 14:24 bubba ray

I gather that they're going to go for a modern setting chaps!

43. No subject Apr 22, 2007, 13:48 space captain

here, here!! excuses for unoriginality all around, then!!

WW2 games are A WHOLE NEW GENRE UNTO THEMSELVES! they are just as iconical as something like a "platformer" or those "RPG" things

they deserve nothing less than total undying respect and complete worship as the masterpeices they all are!

Go forth, and kill!

42. Re: Oh, dear god no! Apr 22, 2007, 13:08 manic half

Oh, dear! Not another WWII game, because, you know, you'd HAVE to play it. It isn't the same as when people don't like - say, sports games - and have the choice to ignore them while people who like feetball have the option to do something they enjoy. Obviously, if YOU don't like WWII games, they shouldn't be made, as those who enjoy them obviously just need an intervention.

No, what we need is another modern military shooter. Oh, wait - how about a space marine game. Better yet, how about another one of those 'sit in the race car and go in circles' games. God knows they haven't made enough of any of those - anything but WWII!

damn straight. as we all know, if a ww2 game is released the developer and/or publisher locates each and every one of us and applies a pistol (quite possibly a ww2 model) to our head and makes us purchase a copy.

41. No subject Apr 22, 2007, 13:07 manic half

to be honest i would like to see a ww1 game, with mustard gas and bayonets and trench warefare and what not.

im not sure if all of that could be made into a 'fun' game but eh.

40. Oh, dear god no! Apr 22, 2007, 12:06 Blackhawk

Oh, dear! Not another WWII game, because, you know, you'd HAVE to play it. It isn't the same as when people don't like - say, sports games - and have the choice to ignore them while people who like feetball have the option to do something they enjoy. Obviously, if YOU don't like WWII games, they shouldn't be made, as those who enjoy them obviously just need an intervention.

No, what we need is another modern military shooter. Oh, wait - how about a space marine game. Better yet, how about another one of those 'sit in the race car and go in circles' games. God knows they haven't made enough of any of those - anything but WWII!

39. Sigh Apr 22, 2007, 11:59 Creston

"What goes down this April 28th is equal to, if not surpasses, the magnitude of any of those."

Call of Duty 8 : Shoot Yet More Nazis In Boring Levels With Weapons You've Seen A Thousand Times Before!

Creston

38. Re: No subject Apr 22, 2007, 11:26 HardCore

MMO is coming. Pay to play, get excited about it.

This comment was edited on Apr 22, 11:26.

37. No subject Apr 22, 2007, 06:40 subx

They're sure excited about the draft. Must be Raiders fans.

36. No subject Apr 22, 2007, 06:17 Shadowcat

There's nothing quite like a press-release that nobody bothered to proof-read to make me even less interested in a game than I already was (which, as we knew nothing about it previously, means the numbers are in the negatives right now).

35. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 22, 2007, 05:37 Raiz

Not even when you cant by a single game that doesn't reqiure DX10?

34. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 22, 2007, 01:25 dubfanatic

Ummm. No.

Seconded. No way in hell am I ever letting Vista anywhere near any equipment in my possession.

33. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 22, 2007, 00:25 nomar

they are gonna release "Call Of Duty 2.5(NappyHeadedHo Edition).

32. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 21, 2007, 23:26 Icewind

Only the retards running Vista.]

LOL. Eventually, everyone will succomb. It's just a matter of time.

Ummm. No.

This comment was edited on Apr 21, 23:26.

31. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 21, 2007, 22:47 Gymper

Only the retards running Vista.]

LOL. Eventually, everyone will succomb. It's just a matter of time.

30. Re: Whose ready? Apr 21, 2007, 22:35 Kash

A worlds first for CoD3 with cross-platform gaming, where PS3, X-Box 360, and PC gamers can link up on one server to compeat against each other.

Why would it be a CoD3 announcement? Infinity Ward didn't make CoD3.

29. Re: And the world gasps... Apr 21, 2007, 22:23 DrEvil

MS patches DS3D into Vista and Creative follows suite with working EAX drivers.

The world rejoices!!!!!

Only the retards running Vista.

28. Re: Whose ready? Apr 21, 2007, 21:28 Frosty

I'm glad to hear the sarcasm, it seems to be the only thing worth giving these developers that treat gamers like 5-year-olds with all too often anti-climax news.

I bet the news will be something along the lines of:

• A worlds first for CoD3 with cross-platform gaming, where PS3, X-Box 360, and PC gamers can link up on one server to compeat against each other.

• Even if that were true, I wouldn't give a flying... The only difference would be Mouse/Keyboard users (PC) kicking the Console users' backsides.

27. No subject Apr 21, 2007, 21:28 space captain

its going to be WW2 but WITH BETTAR GRAPHIXXX!!!

Go forth, and kill!

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo