Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Half-Life 2 Q&A

Half-Life 2: Episode Two Q&A on Kikizo (thanks Digg) talks with Doug Lombardi about the coming Half-Life 2 installment: "So as we progress through the trilogy, we move from City 17, post Half-Life 2 where things are more grim and whatnot, and Alyx and Gordon have sort of moved towards their journey beyond the city at the close of Episode One. In Episode Two, you're out of City 17 and you won't be going back. At least not for a while. [Smiles]. And you're in this very expansive forest, that opens up the gameplay to a broader scale. The hunter - the new creature that's been introduced - is designed to take advantage of that; he's much faster and he can traverse both the landscape as well as indoor areas. And we're also providing a new vehicle that you'll be spending a lot of time in, moving quickly through that forest, fighting large-scale battles against striders and packs of hunters etcetera."

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Blah blah Apr 13, 2007, 10:18 Krovven

What makes you think this new vehicle from single player is going to even be in multiplayer?

Considering there is no multiplayer for Episode 2 that would be kinda difficult. And Batman dont try and claim TF2 as being EP2 MP...because we all know it is not. Completely different games, weapons and art direction.

Half-Life is all about Multiplayer? Show me please. There is Half-Life DM, and Half-Life 2 DM...incase you havent looked lately, but HL2DM is all but dead. Once upon a time HLDM was popular, but it certainly didnt make Half-Life single player popular by any means. CSS, DoDs, TF2....all seperate entities, based on different worlds and are not part of the HL2 universe.

So NO, multiplayer is not all this series is about, infact it has nothing to do with the single player games sucess at all.

Someone please help Batmans remove his head from his ass.

----------------------------------------------------
Currently playing Day of Defeat Source.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 22:49 BatCountry

What makes you think duke nukem will be released?

(couldn't resist)

10. Tolkien would not approve Apr 12, 2007, 19:27 Grandmaster Demonlord Toadeater

what Valve has described as its very own 'Two Towers', before the 'Return of the King' finale with Episode Three.

Or will it be more like that other episodic, dramatic masterwork that starred Christopher Lee? Police Academy: Mission to Moscow!

9. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 19:17 AcidDrone

What makes you think this expansion will be released before duke nukem?

8. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 18:31 DrEvil

What makes you think this new vehicle from single player is going to even be in multiplayer?

7. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 18:04 4D-Boxing

wrong thread
This comment was edited on Apr 12, 18:06.

6. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 14:14 BatCountry

Who is this theoretical "everyone?"

I don't even play HL multiplayer. Since my 20s, my reflexes for that shit have gone downhill, but that doesn't stop me from wanting a good story with great special effects. Being able to shoot Orwellian cops in the face with a toilet is just an advantage.

The only thing that would make the Half-Life series about multiplayer for me is if they ever bothered to add co-op.

Serious, where the hell did co-op go?
The last good co-op FPS I've played was Serious Sam (the first one).

I'm always happy whenever a new FPS with a promising storyline comes out. I'm looking forward to Crysis, I loved Prey, if I could run FEAR on my crap system, I'd probably have enjoyed that.
This comment was edited on Apr 12, 14:17.

5. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 13:10 xXBatmanXx

And we're also providing a new vehicle that you'll be spending a lot of time in, moving quickly through that forest, fighting large-scale battles against striders and packs of hunters etcetera."

ugh - I hate vehicles.

Leave them in Halo and for the console kiddies.

The vehicles will ruin the multiplayer aspect of it.
And before you spout off with "but this is a SP FPS".
Seriously? Is that all you got?
Everyone knows this series is all about multi - it is just nice to have a story to go along with the eye candy.

I Am Trying to Believe - April 17th, 2007
This comment was edited on Apr 12, 13:11.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

4. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 13:07 The Truth

Kotaku is reporting that its coming out September ish....

That and And we're also providing a new vehicle that you'll be spending a lot of time in sounds ugh.

------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

3. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 12:40 BatCountry

Who are you kidding? If it comes out and 3 friends tell you it's great, does it really matter what else you're playing?

You're probably still going to drop the $20 or $30.

The quality of a product made by a good developer is usually directly proportional to the time they take to put it out.

That is provided they're actually working on it - which rules out the counterexamples of DNF and TF2, as some serious flaking off had to have been occurring there.

2. Re: Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 11:57 Joss

Amen brotha!

If they wait too long, I'll be playing Crysis Island and won't even consider these expansions!

1. Blah blah Apr 12, 2007, 11:38 Capella

Quit sitting around chin wagging and finish the damn thing already!

"Yeah everyone's gotta have the sickness
Cause everyone seems to need the cure"

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo