Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New GeForce 8800 Drivers

NVIDIA now offers new version 97.94 ForceWare drivers for GeForce 8800 GTX and GeForce 8800 GTS GPUs under Windows XP/Media Center Edition and Windows XP Professional x64 and Windows Server 2003 x64 (thanks Donovon). The new drivers offer game and application compatibility fixes. More details can be found on the Release Notes.

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Drivers? Apr 6, 2007, 04:28 Jerykk

Still yet to find any game I cant play with high FPS and everything set to maximum.

So you can play Supreme Commander at 2048x1536, 16X AF, 8X AA and still get a silky smooth, constant 60+ fps?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Drivers? Apr 6, 2007, 04:07  cliffski 

8800 GTS and vista here. Still yet to find any game I cant play with high FPS and everything set to maximum.  
http://www.positech.co.uk

15. Re: Drivers? Apr 6, 2007, 03:21 Jerykk

Dual-boot ftw.

14. Re: Drivers? Apr 6, 2007, 01:38 banddirector

Was wondering if any of you had a similar setup and whether the 8800 had any major problems.

Am currently using a BFGtech 8800 GTS, but with WinXP. I plan on making the switch to Vista late this year when the drivers are way more mature. Right now everything DX9 just flies. Hopefully the mature drivers will make DX10 stuff (whenever it comes out) work well too ...

-----------------------------------
Is Vista just Windows XP Service Pack 3 with eye candy?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

13. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 22:29 Frijoles

Unless you have a very compelling reason to go to Vista...don't.

I was mainly looking at it since it's a good time to upgrade the OS as well (since I am starting over from scratch). I'd like DX10 for Age of Conan and any other games that may be coming. Pisses me off that it's not on XP though, as I'd rather stay with XP.

12. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 19:58 4D-Boxing

Rumors of a 8900GTX & 8950GX2 on the way maybe in June...other rumors release say at the same time ATI releases their answer to the 8800GTX.

I fugure this summer you'll be able to chose between ATI & NVIDIA new stuff. The 8900s will replace the 8800s and the 8950GX2 would be a dual GPU . ATI will release their next gen to match or beat the NVIDIA stuff.

DO a serach for 8900GTX or R600 you should get all the latest ...

11. LOL Apr 5, 2007, 19:56 Cheese

Hey VG what did I do but try to help a few of you all lol omg hitler is alive, now STFU and listen for a sec doofus.
before i make you bend over.

I had to give in and try these drivers OMG my IQ has doubled and the speed is on par with the 101.02beta i was praising.

Nvidia clearly had the IQ lead with the release of the 8800 card now they have doubled themselfs in that area. i cant wait to see whats next.

oh btw thanks CJ i couldnt have said it better lol what a ass.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 20:07.

10. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 19:00 The Truth

Is it worth getting an 8XXX series card now? or should I just hang on for the next gen? (I havent been keeping too close an eye on Graphics cards recently, so im not sure when the next gen is actually due)  
------
Diablo & Diablo 2 for the DS, it makes sense Blizzard!

9. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 18:53 Burrito of Peace

Other way around.

Vista is unworthy of the card. Unless you have a very compelling reason to go to Vista...don't. Stick with XP and get Windowblinds for the pretty effects.

8. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 18:51 CJ_Parker

Cheese and rentless need lifetime bans for search engine spamming.

And you, Sir, need to be fecked in the arse!

----------------------------
*** Born to troll ***

7. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 18:34 Frijoles

I'm getting close to upgrading my computer and will probably go with Vista and an 8800GTX. Was wondering if any of you had a similar setup and whether the 8800 had any major problems. I know they've had issues with drivers, but is the card not worth buying to run under Vista?

6. Re: Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 18:24 [VG]Reagle

Cheese and rentless need lifetime bans for search engine spamming.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

5. Drivers? Apr 5, 2007, 17:51 Cheese

Laptoptogo is one of the places i go to but there are others such as
guru3d.com or tweaksrus.com that should set you all on fire. now go get em.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 17:52.

4. Re: umm Apr 5, 2007, 17:18 The Relentless

Try here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

3. Re: umm Apr 5, 2007, 17:11 [VG]Reagle

Nvidia driver support sucks lately. They dont even have SLI working in Vista properly Now they come up with drivers for the 8800 but nothing else.  

I am MUCH MUCH MUCH better now.

2. Re: umm Apr 5, 2007, 17:02 Bucky

It's been five months and still no updated official drivers for any of the other cards. I think I'm going to have to go hunt down a tweaked set of the newer drivers to run. Bah.

---
Xfire: GreySpire
We want Blue's News T-shirts!

1. umm Apr 5, 2007, 16:47 Cheese

Well well about time lol, to bad im using the 101.02 beta Xp drivers. i should give these a try but the 101 are smoking so mabey i wont.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo