Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Happy St. Patty's Day!

Now I have more shoveling to do.

Snake-free Links! Thanks Ant.
Stories: Rocker David Byrne Making Sense at SXSW Fest (registration required). Thanks Boing Boing.
Popular dog, cat food recalled after kidney failure, deaths. And they don't need gluten in the first place.
Cleanup Continues After Northeast Storm.
Science!: These Boots Were Made for 22 M.P.H. (registration required).
Smart fabrics to take the pulse.
Tiny organisms remember the way to food.
Auctions: FBI: Auction fraud tops computer crime complaints.
Teh Funny: Dilbert.
UserFriendly.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2007, 15:38 Enahs

carefully cleaning their thrown mashed potatoes off of our $10,000 paintings. Nice folks.

If you have $10,000 painting in your restaurant.
A) Why is it not behind glass?
B) As soon as they started to cause damage to something like that, make them pay up and throw them out.

Live Chat with other BluesNews forum members (beta; GreaseMonkey script;updated 1-14-07):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesChat.user.js

Alternating Logo (GreaseMonkey script):
http://www.ualr.edu/szsullivan/scripts_/BluesNewslogo.user.js

I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally.
- W. C. Fields
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2007, 14:22 Rufus

/Agree re: restaurant biz.

We had a room full of 40 Australians, all drunk as piss and standing on their chairs singing "waltzing matilda". They spent just shy of $5000 and left only $500 for a tip. Basically...the same as stealing $400 from someone. It was great fun to clean up after them as well, carefully cleaning their thrown mashed potatoes off of our $10,000 paintings. Nice folks.

This comment was edited on Mar 18, 14:23.

4. Re: No subject Mar 18, 2007, 05:00 Cutter

As an Irishman (Irish stock) who had to work St. Paddy's (and yes, I knew it was Paddy) it sucked. Two worst days to work in the restaurant biz are St. Paddy's and Mother's Day.

Whilst we had a lot of drunken clowns tonight it wasn't too bad overall. It's just a ton of work relative to the money you make.

Heh, there was one really hot chick in the bar tonight that had a green shirt with shamrocks and it read "Feelin' Lucky?". Would have been sweet as all get out to get lucky with her. I tried my best to find a shirt that said, 'Bang me, I'm Irish', to no avail.

Slàinte!

"No no no, I went the other road. Six figures, doing business with leadpipe cruelty, mercenery sensibility. You know... sports, sex, no real relationships. How about you - how have the years been treating you?"
- Martin Q. Blank

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

3. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2007, 18:41 pnag

As an Irishman, I feel duty bound to tell everyone (and I'm sorry to say, mostly Americans!) that it's abbreviated to St. PADDY'S Day, not Patty!

In Ireland, Patty is a girl's name. Please, help to stem this awful and incorrect usage!!!

Oh, and a Happy Paddy's Day to you all! Go n'eiri an bothar leat!] (Bad use of the Irish language, but the intent is there - it means "May the road rise to meet you", or good luck!)

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 18:43.

2. No subject Mar 17, 2007, 18:25 Killer Kane

"Pogue Ma'Hon"

I was only saying *REMOVED*
HEY, I have every right to *REMOVED*
Your a big fat headed *REMOVED*
DOH!...*REMOVED*

This comment was edited on Mar 17, 18:28.

1. No subject Mar 17, 2007, 14:55 xXBatmanXx

Popular dog, cat food recalled after kidney failure, deaths.

Whew - we bought ours before that, and since have stopped using the wet food.

I Am Trying to Believe - April 17th, 2007

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo